It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hate Crimes Soar After Bombings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Police figures have shown a dramatic increase in 'hate crimes' against Muslims since the 7/7 bombings. There were 269 "religious hate" crimes, compared with 40 in the same period last year, the figures show.

news.bbc.co.uk
Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur said that in the first three days after suicide bombers killed 52 people and injured 700 more, there were 68 "faith hate" crimes in London.

During the same three days in 2004 there were none.

He said: "There is no doubt that incidents impacting on the Muslim community have increased.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It was obvious this would happen.

It is such a shame that the people of Britain are abusing all Muslims when it is an extremley small minority causing the problems.

Theirs no point accusing every Muslim when there are only a handfull of them in Britain who would resort to the sickening acts carried out by the 7/7 bombers!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's sad that things like that happen. Most people just don't understand that the terrorists didn't do it because they were Muslim, they did it because it's what they believed was right. Not every Muslim person should suffer because of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The hate crimes have gone up after the tube hate crimes occured?

Maybe the Imams need to preach some more hate and violence in the mosques; I'm sure that'll help a lot, don't you?

Cart, horse.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thomas,

Maybe you should realize that not all the Imans in Britian follow the same sects, or do they preach violence; ignorance begates ignorance, my freind.

You've generalized them into one category with one sweep of the broom, I expected more from you.

Luxifero

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There have been many of them preaching it, not only there but also here.
Nowhere did I say that ALL Muslims, or Imams are pushing for violence, but let's put the horse before the cart, huh?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
While I voted for this - I have to disagree that it is the *people of Britain* that are doing this .... claiming all the people of Britain are Islamaphobes and thugs is just as bad as claiming that all muslims are terrorists.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
in England we have dense populations of Muslim communities who have been here a long time with most of the youth being born here, there has never been a problem between us before, apart from the small amount of racist stuff that you get in any country from both ethnic sides. what we are seeing now is a direct result of the deranged clerics spouting hate, with a lot of the youth believing them and going off to distant camps to learn about terrorism, you have to live here to understand how things have changed for the worst, the majority of decent Muslims in England are keeping to quiet, they all know their youth are out of control and are afraid to speak out

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The perputrators of hate crimes need to be rigorously pursued and punished. What such idiots are doing is making the situation worse.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
The perputrators of hate crimes need to be rigorously pursued and punished. What such idiots are doing is making the situation worse.

By that, I assume you mean the terrorists.

Did anyone see the YouGov poll showing the percentage of "British" Muslims who supported/condoned these attacks and attacks on the West in general?

Originally posted by LuxiferoThomas,
Maybe you should realize that not all the Imans in Britian follow the same sects, or do they preach violence; ignorance begets [sic] ignorance, my friend [sic].

Of course not. It's actually only 6-24% (round about) who preach violence, condone these attacks, or support these attacks. Extrapolate from Britain's 1.6 million (round about) Muslims equals...
100,000-384,000 (round about).

Hardly the insignificant number you'd like to suggest. It seems that ignorance also begets bombings, eh?

YouGov Poll

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Crush opponents of peace and goodwill, especially in your own Country(s).
Colour or creed doen't matter, kicking the bad guys into a jail cell or exporting the potential people killers to their homeland might be the ticket.

Protecting innocent people is not racist, it's necessary.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A good portion of the reported 'hate crimes' as I understand it are comprised of verbal abuse. Not an unreasonable reaction to indiscriminate slaughter I think.
As even the most Muslim-bashing among realize, it is a small portion of that community that supports such terror, so blind retaliation is likely to hit for the most part the wrong targets.
Nevertheless, such 'hate crimes' will continue/increase until the Muslim community is seen to be in the VANGUARD of efforts to root out the criminals. That is neither right nor wrong. It's just the way it is.

new topics

top topics

join