It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Air France A340 Catches Fire, 291 Passengers Believed Safe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'm not sure how the pilot and co-pilot got out, but Global Tv is saying that and that also 291 people were onboard and some passengers were able to get off

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That's what I heard too ww, around 290 people aboard. The plane was an Airbus A340-300 that carries up to 295 passengers.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
AIR FRANCE Flight Number 358 Paris to Toronto Sweeps off Runway into Wooded Ravine while landing. 200 Aboard

Fire Truck took 50 Min to be able to get into Ravine. Massive death suspected.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Reports are saying that there is footage of the crash happening.

The camera man is currently trying to make his way back to a feed centre to upload the tape. Theres footage though.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The Pilot and Co-Pilot are safe. But there approx. 250 fatalities. They are saying that it was a weather anomoly like a micro-burst may have caused the landing to run long.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm trying to watch the CBC, but my area (about 20 minutes out from the crash) is being wracked with severe thunderstorms. Lightning, wind, the works. Light rain my ass! Watching the live CBC broadcast, I'm seeing a lot of smoke.

Apparently, the crash was on landing, though the expert calls this 'weird'. The plane overshot their landing or was unable stop. The reason he says it's weird is that visual landings are almost non existent, and are 90% instrument controls, which makes the crash odd, considering the length of the runway. However, a CBC reporter in the area said there were 'several' lightning strikes in the area.

Also, plane could carry up to 350 passengers - according to Mr. DaCruz, the resident expert, which could make the tradgedy all the worse. From teh looks of things, the wreck is a mere 30-50 feet from the PACKED highway 401, which I am thankful the plane missed. The plane went through the barriers, and was stopped by a ravine.

DE

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

Originally posted by djohnsto77
FOX is saying it was an Airbus A340 Air France flight from Paris to Toronto and crashed on landing.

Fox News is about as credible as WorldNews daily! LOL

Do you think it is funny and all smiling while a major news media like FoxNews is simply reporting what they're picking up from their sources in Canada over an airline disaster with possible loss of lives?!

At least several sources confirmed what FoxNews has reported accurately. Maybe you're just as credible as a rat in a sewer.

Nevertheless, I hope everyone got alive from that airline disaster.

[edit on 8/2/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You can watch a live feed from here, click link marked "global"
www.canada.com...#

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here is a frame grab of how close it was to 401.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
At least several sources confirmed what FoxNews has reported accurately. Maybe you're just as credible as a rat in a sewer.

I am amazed that American politics can be dredged up in an article about a Canadian/French tragedy. CHILL OUT NOW.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The report of 291 passengers on board is a little too many, since it was an A340-300 with a maximum passenger count of 252 (the Air France A340s have differnt cabin layouts and thats what the AF website gives the passenger count for this particular aircraft to be).

Eye witness reports point to a heavy tail wind picking up just after landing, lifting the aircraft up and gliding it down the runway.

[edit on 2/8/2005 by RichardPrice]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
MSNBC just said that most passengers and crew were able to get off the plane and that that there is a triage set up to sort thru injuries. The also say that some passengers were found huddled under a bridge near by the crash. That sounds promising for them at least.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Most passengers were able to get off, but that is not confirmed. I'm listening to 680news.

Code Orange declared at Memorial Hospital, they're to be prepared for a mass casualty influx.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
ABC news just said there were no fatalities, only minor injuries (so far). So someone must have done something right....either the designers of that plane or the rescue crew.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Global TV said that there'll be a press conference in about 30 minutes, hopefully we'll get a lot more info from that.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a witness is saying that the plane landed ran off the runway and apparently broke in half when it went in the ravine. They are saying that some survivors are wandering towards the highway and that police are having to try to find them and round them up (officials term not mine)

There will be a news report from the airport at 5:30 and CNN will cover it (as I am sure other stations will also)

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

This photo up dates every 4 minutes

Camera Location
South side of Highway 401 near Etobicoke Creek

www.mto.gov.on.ca...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There were 291 people on board and the pilot and co-pilot have been reported to be safe. They are looking for the black box I think

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Who is saying it was tunder / windshear / heavy winds?`I dont exactly see heavy winds on CNN nor BBC.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Ingolf]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
MOD EDIT-PLEASE only post in regards to the story at hand, )

[edit on 2-8-2005 by asala]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join