It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crashes at Toronto's Pierson Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A passenger jet has crashed upon take-off at Toronto's Pierson's airport.
The jet is currently off the runway and is on fire. Supposedly over 200 on board and the plane skidded off the runaway while trying to take off

Jet Catches Fire After Skidding Off Runway at Toronto Airport

TORONTO — A passenger jet has caught fire after reportedly skidding off a runway at Toronto's Pearson International Airport. According to reports, black smoke billowed from the wreckage as the aircraft burned.

Police said the plane was an Air France passenger jet that was trying to land when it ran into trouble.

According to reports, the plane had around 200 passengers on board

[edit on 8-2-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

still no details as to wat happened. in anicase i hope it was just a bad landing or somthing.

now it says that the jet skid of the runway while on fire.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
thanks delta

this is right off of the 401 freeway. I hope the people were able to get off the plane

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
AIRFRANCE: Accident Happened as reported on CBC during landing Run24L at appx 4PM EST. 200 Aboard; 4:50PM first Airport Fire Truck managed to shoot foam on the fire strichen aircraft.

Airplane skidded on runway while landing in rain. Went of end of runway into wooded area in ravine.

Dallas

EDIT: on CNN, CTV, CBC, FLIGHT# 358PARIS to TORONTO FLIGHT

Massive Death Expected Fire took 50 min to begin putting out.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Dallas]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
According to a toronto news station 680 (as reported on MSNbc) there have been some people walking out of the gully so maybe they were able to get some people off before the fire got bad. I only pray this is a true report as things are so confused at times like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
just heard on FOX, pilot and copilot are alive and being debriefed.

I hope this means that everyone else also got off the plane safely.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
source

The airplane was trying to land in bad weather when it skidded off the runway just metres from one of Toronto's busiest roads, Highway 401.

"There was quite a downpour. The visibility was really bad, with lots of lightning," said John Finday, a CBC News journalist who was at the airport at the time of the accident.

The jet crashed through barriers and ended up in a small ravine at the far west end of the airport, the fuselage tipped down and the aircraft's tail in the air.

"An Air France plane landing on runway 2-4 went off the end of the runway in the area of Convair Drive and the 401 area in Mississauga," Peel police Sgt. Glyn Griffiths said at about 4:30 p.m.

secondary explosions are causing evacuations in the area, it seems that some of the passengers were able to escape, reports of injured arriving at local area hospitals.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
some how I screwed up see my post below

[edit on 2/8/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They're covering it exclusively on 680 News

You can listen live from there if you're interested.

Apparently most of the passengers were able to get out of the plane before it burst into flames.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
you can see the smoke from this highway cam

www.mto.gov.on.ca...

Camera Location
South side of Highway 401 near Renforth Drive

Camera Location
South side of Highway 401 near Etobicoke Creek

These pictures up date every 4 minutes

[edit on 2/8/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The official report right now is that everyone got off -- but he is being cautious by saying that it is unconfirmed - They are saying that there are 14 minor injuries (unconfirmed) this is the official person from the airport speaking on the news now. I am watching CNN.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Though I'm sure it happens more often then we all manage to hear about it... there was an accident just over here in Ottawa last week.

Aborted take off..

www.canoe.ca...

Same plane type too. Lessons from this?

Stay the hell off airbuses. If they were not good enough for 9-11, they arn't good enough for you to get anywhere on!

Fly inside Canada.. best place not to get killed on an airplane that is malfunctioning!

-VMX

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i could smell the smoke all the way at my house and i live a good 45 minute dive from the airport.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Check this out... I Googled "Air France 358 ATC" and came up with one hit that was no longer available. But the cache turned up with this. Look near the bottom for the highlighted spot. It's nothing really, but just interesting that Air France 358 was used in a scenario at Pearson.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join