It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 27 Planetary Alignments.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just curious to know what everyone may think about the coming alignments,they are just about right in alignment now,but I can't seem to find any specific info of when the alignments are exact.
I noticed that my dogs are acting goofy,and I feel like sh*t,must be the stars.
any other info or observations would be good to hear.
Until then....keep looking up.
Peace to Yousall

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I found this on the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal website, quite a "summer-upper" on paranoia and planetary alignments.

Belgian amateur astronomer Jean Meeus-writing about the May 5, 2000 doomsday claims in the Spring 1988 issue of Skeptical Inquirer magazine-might just have got the scoop on doomsday prophets and journalists alike. Meeus writes, "And now let me make a prediction. When the year 2000 passes without having brought a catastrophe, doomsayers will provide us still another date for the end of the world. �Let me propose August 27, 2003, when Mars will come closer to Earth than at any time in the past several thousand years�. Or doomsday could take place on May 28-29, 2048, when Venus and Jupiter, the two brightest planets in the sky, will be in superior conjunction with the Sun�or on any date you like."

Perhaps the surest bet in the house is that rumors of your impending doom are greatly exaggerated.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Huh, I've been remembering a lot more dreams than usual. Myabe that's part of the reason. Dunno, but I know the miltary is getting ready for a big hit on the NIPRNET. personell been installing redundant topologies and security systems for weeks now. for being an unclassified network, it sure is getting a lot of security all of a sudden.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Gulf war 1 began when there was a similar alignment of the planets,wonder what's going to happen tomorrow,seeing as mars is the god of war,I hope nothing,but these things seem to run along a pattern somehow or other................AAgghhhhhhhhhhhh
Occult numerology,oh no,PLEASE make it stop,stop the numbers,please,please...............

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Mars isn't called the God of War for nothing!!!

Terriorist attack according to astrological signs

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Do the math, guys. Find out how much gravitational effect Mars has at this distance.

(hint... if you have a cup of coffee sitting next to you, the cup of coffee has a greater gravitational impact than Mars does. Now, Mars might have a greater PSYCHOLOGICAL impact on you (Ohmygosh! Mars is in Aquarius! That means a freewheeling conflict is breaking out! I can feel it!!!) -- but it would only have that impact on people who believed it would happen.)

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think it's great though that we have this nice fly-by of Mars. It's my birthday. I've seen Mars getting brighter and brighter in the night sky over the Netherlands now and it's beautiful.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i cant stand all of the dooms day sayers (not neccisarially anyone on these boards) who think that mars is gonna stop the eaths rotation and all that sort of stuff. if that was the case we wouldnt be her today because this is the closest mars and the earth have been in the last 5000-60 000 years, now if mars were to stop the earths rotation it wouldve stopped then right?? i do believe that other stars/planets have an effect on the earth and the people and animals of earth but i dont think it is the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Watch out for this North Korea Situation Tommorro and how it develops. This will be the key as to what to look for tommorro.

But regardless of that watch of for septemeber that is when things are really going bad.

Also I am looking into trying to find out where in england is going to get hit with this so called future hijacking of a plane that is being planned I dont know if it is real but I have heard of a cemical attack possible being planned for england. The closest infomation so far is Ricin may be used bare that in mind if you live in this area but I will keep looking into it.

Falcon

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Chemical or dirty bomb, in London.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Where I am right now at 11pm, Mars is overhead at 11 o'clock.

Brilliant bright orange, the brightest object I've ever seen in the night sky, with the appearance of a horizontal line bisecting the planet and pointing outwards a little. Not sure if there has ever been anything as bright as this in the time of man, maybe with the exception of whatever was reported 2003 years ago....

ET phone home...

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
i must be looking at a different mars to everyone else. heres a quick diagram

this is what i see from my front door. at the moment it's 9:12 pm

mars is the big "star"
[Edited on 27-8-2003 by ausconspiracies]

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
rusell grants says lol that mars will be the size of the moon? is this true? also i feel incredibly ill as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Mars is the biggest "star" in the sky but it ain't no moon.

If this event (proximity of Mars and planetary alignment) could have been predicted years ago, why wasn't something about this date's significance to the life of some Antichrist written?

Mars 12 o'clock high now, it's midnight.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
yeah it is a bit dissapointing. considering that news stations/news papers were saying will be as big as the moon etc etc. well atleast we(the world population) can say we saw it closer than anyone in the past.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
.....On a website,that mars was smacked by a comet a few years back,and there were those who wondered why it's moons were gone,Aaaggggh,it's moons gone?,where did they go??!?!?!?!?!?.
www.tmgnow.com...
Go to the repository,interesting reading,lotsa articles.
Occult numbers,PLEASE stop the numbers,the numbers,please stop........the numbers,aaggghhh.
my number's up.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
im going to look at a nostradamus book and see what he says, my book is from 1970 see any mars related stuff in it... im pretty sure ive read something about when mars we pass at its closest...

cant remember what quatrain and that thought

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
cant really find anything...

there is one about mars taking its throne, thats about it... all the other astrological stuff in the book about mars matches up to different dates

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
...to realise that Mars,the god of war,is taking his throne.Eek.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
.....On a website,that mars was smacked by a comet a few years back,and there were those who wondered why it's moons were gone,Aaaggggh,it's moons gone?,where did they go??!?!?!?!?!?.
www.tmgnow.com...
Go to the repository,interesting reading,lotsa articles.
Occult numbers,PLEASE stop the numbers,the numbers,please stop........the numbers,aaggghhh.
my number's up.

Take a deep breath, go to any observatory, ask to see Mars and have the astronomers point out the moons to you. They're little itty bitty dots. They're still there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join