It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the same people who brought you "War in Iraq" now comes: "War in Iran"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
In Washington it is hardly a secret that the same people in and around the administration who brought you Iraq are preparing to do the same for Iran.

The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney’s office (AGAIN!), has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons. Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development sites.

Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option. As in the case of Iraq, the response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States. Several senior Air Force officers involved in the planning are reportedly appalled at the implications of what they are doing—that Iran is being set up for an unprovoked nuclear attack—but no one is prepared to damage his career by posing any objections.

Source:
American Conservative

That sure would Explain why Bush assigned a New Envoy to the UN without any Approval of the Democratic Part of the Congress.

And that Sure would explain the Flood of Anti-Iran Posts on this Board and all the talk about Iran in the News.

"Ladies and Gentleman, Next Stop - Teheran!"

[edit on 2/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Broken record alert.

Perhaps you can add your thoughts to this one, Souljah, started 26-7-2005.
Oh, wait, I see that you did already.....
Cheyneys Plan To Nuke Iran

seekerof

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Broken record alert.

I found THIS Very Interesting:

Several senior Air Force officers involved in the planning are reportedly appalled at the implications of what they are doing—that Iran is being set up for an unprovoked nuclear attack—but no one is prepared to damage his career by posing any objections.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Thats swell, Souljah....all of which could have been added to the original topic thread on this matter.
Glad you keeping up on this though.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Thats swell, Souljah....all of which could have been added to the original topic thread on this matter.
Glad you keeping up on this though.

I guess the TIME will Soon Come - considering the NEW US Ambassador to the UN - a guy, that has a horrible temper, a habit of threatening people, and improper requests of NSA information.

How Very "Diplomatic" Guy to deal with Iran, huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I noticed there is a lot of anti Iranian sentiment on these boards (its a general observation of mine, the whole nuke them and let god sort them out attitude). This is something I find interesting since most of the people on these boards probably have never met an Iranian or been to Iran or know the first thing about it as a country. So how any of them can be pro-war I don't know.

Surely the mistakes from Iraq should have now been learnt? We all know that Bush and his cronies are liars of the worst kind and that this administration has no integraty at all. The same can be said of Blair

Yes Iran has things that need to be sorted, but that is the fault of their government, not the people. Do NOT make enemies of the Iranian people because if you think Iraq was bad, Iran will be a thousand time worse. Iranians are very very patriotic. Its not surprising they want nukes if this is the policy the American are persuing!

Even so I wouldn't worry. All countries draw up contingency plans, some are worse then others. These plans in the 60's to invade Saudi Arabia if the oil embargo on the West continued.

On the other hand......

The thing that concerns me the most is that where as people were concerned about civilian casualties in the Iraq war, if there is a second 9/11 (and if there is it would have to be a lot worse) people aren't gonna give a hoot about Iranian civilian casualties. The use of Nukes suggests that the Administration doesn't care. If this is the case then George Bush would become the next Hitler an, achievment everyone can be pround of.........

[edit on 2-8-2005 by enslaved83]

[edit on 2-8-2005 by enslaved83]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney’s office (AGAIN!), has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United State

Souljah doesn't realize, or perhaps care, that the US Military usually always draws up contingency plans for dealing with known or possible enemies. This isn't really news, just a platform for Souljah to raise his post numbers.

There may or may not be a plan to upend Iran, it remains to be seen. However, it does o good to really jump around and shout about the sky falling when the sky is, in fact, still in place. Be interesting to see if Cheney, et al., think they can pull that off.

I might be very well silly and just old, but I tend to try and keep a bit of faith in the government, even when I'm incredibly angry at perceived governmental stupidity.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
NEWS FLASH !!!!!

we have plans to attack every nation on earth, combinations of enemies, through both nuclear and conventional means.

thats called military planning.

the same goes for every other nation with an army, including your beloved Iran.

what happened to that scott ritter guy who said we were going to attack in June

and as for the ambassador, lets hope he doesn't take any iranians hostage while he's there

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Broken record alert.

seekerof

I don't see you issueing a broken record alert for Skippytjc's 30,000 threads about Iran, Seekerof, what gives?

JAK

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Broken record alert.

As said, there is already a thread addressing this topic, please add you thoughts to that.

Thank you, closing...

Jak

top topics

join