It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Security Failure revisited: Transponders Off, people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This article has some really good insights into the whys and wherefores of scrambling jets to take out hijacked aircraft, and Cheney's take on Bush's responsibility, amongst other things.

It has a technical query at the end, concerning exactly what ought to have happened after transponders in the hijacked craft were turned off.

(What ought to have happened to save lives, and what ought to have happened and did happen to commence immediate media orchestrations by a corrupt administration, are two different things entirely)....

nypress.com...

"Nothing Urgent"

Let�s revisit the curious lack of military action on the morning of Sept. 11. That morning, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Richard B. Myers, was having a routine meeting on Capitol Hill with Sen. Max Cleland. While the two men chatted away, a hijacked jet plowed into the World Trade Center�s north tower, another one plowed into the south tower and a third one into the Pentagon. And still they went on with their meeting. "[W]hen we came out," Myers recounted to American Forces Radio and Television Service, "somebody said the Pentagon had been hit." Myers claims no one had bothered to inform him about the attacks on the World Trade Center. Meanwhile, in Florida, just as President Bush was about to leave his hotel he was told about the attack on the first WTC tower. He was asked by a reporter if he knew what was going on in New York. He said he did, and then went to an elementary school in Sarasota to read to children......

......... (Excuses)........... Ah, but of course the transponders were turned off. So no one could keep track of the planes. If it were true that the moment a transponder is turned off a plane becomes invisible there would be no defense against enemy aircraft. Normal radar echo return from the metal surface of an aircraft would still identify it on the radar scope.

Luckily, we still have first-rate establishment media to make sure that we retain confidence in our government.

SKADI

On the matter of your U2U connecting the two identities, my nose tells me "NO". Your sources are very much barking up the wrong tree.

I can't send U2Us because of this quota, I've never deleted U2Us from anywhere so I won't be sending any till I delete the 100s it tells me I have to delete.

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thanks, Masked, I had to delete all my outbox messages too, didnt know I had them.

This is a good article. It goes over the samel points ive seen at several websites Ive visited. the lack of response from both the FAA and NORAD are suspect in themselves.

So was Rumsfleds Prophetic revelations at a briefing in the pentagon about : "were gonna get hit with terrorism soon" right before all this went down.

Either Rumsfled needs to get a new job as a psychic phone friend, or he knew full well what was gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Myers was not yet Chairman of the JCS at the time of the attack... though he had been nominated/approved and was soon to take over... So, any discussion of what he was 'doing', though interesting, should take into account that he was, not yet, the #1 american military officer.

join