It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Thumbs Down For Starbucks!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I cant believe these people.

Starbucks Coffee: Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support
in their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone
in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, we should not support them by buying
any of their products. As a war vet writing to fellow patriots, I feel we
should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very
popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the
ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for what they and I
believe is right.

Semper Fidelis.
Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st Force Recon Co 1st Plt PLT RTO

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
According to Snopes, this story is false:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'd like to see some proof. I'm tired of hearing a story for every single company, be it McDonalds, Coca Cola, Dominoes Pizza, Snapple, KFC, whoever, about how they support this or don't support that, and so we should boycott them.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear these were just rumours planted by corporate competition. Not that I'm doubting you or anything, but I think my request is reasonable. Did you save the letter?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, there you have it. Good find, djohnsto77

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
I'd swear these were just rumours planted by corporate competition.

I am positive that they are.

I used to Manage at a Burger King. One day I get a fax from head office. It was a clipping from the New York Times claiming a woman ate a chicken soft taco that had a pregnant roach in it.
This fax was sent to (at least) every Burger King in the city.

Of course the news article was false

[edit on 1/8/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Starbuck's is a multinational corporation. They exist, ostensibly, to market their product to as many people, world-wide, as possible. Many, if not most of those folks, Do Not support the efforts of America and it's (somewhat limited and ever dwindling) "Coallition of the (somewhat) Willing".

As a corporation, Starbuck's, it seems has chosen not to risk offending the vast majority of its customer base, and thus imperil its market share. This is a fiscally responsible and perfectly reasonable course of action. It should in no way be costrued to imply a lack of "Patriotism" or even "Support for Our Troops"; it is simply a corporation's refusal to be drawn into a position which could be misinterpeted as taking a politcal stance it has no desire and no Business taking.

Fiduciary reason Trumps (don,tcha just love the irony of that phrase?) Emotional Appeal.

This is not to say that you and those like-minded individuals who share your indignation with Starbuck's decision cannot , or even should not make your feelings known. However, bear in mind that , on the world stage, you are in the minority, and in a true Democracy, a concept which I am sure you hold dear to your heart, the minority yeilds to the Majority.

Only Facists require universal adherance to the party line, and only thugs lash out at those who disagree with them.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.snopes.com...

Its for sure a hoax.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I used to Manage at a Burger King. One day I get a fax from head office. It was a clipping from the New York Times claiming a woman ate a chicken soft taco that had a pregnant roach in it.

I've heard an alternate version of this, where a woman licked an envelope and developed a knot in her tongue a week later. She went to the doctor, they cut it open, and found a dead roach with all its eggs around it in that knot. Yuck!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ewwwwwwwww
that roach one is nasty! seriously though i think the starbucks one is made up because starbucks would probably send out their coffee but ask for money...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Only Facists require universal adherance to the party line, and only thugs lash out at those who disagree with them.

I love this quote!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
No way will I be giving up starbucks anytime soon. You couldn't pay me.

I love their coffee.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That one rumor, or many like them, might stem from this poster, which Starbucks used one summer follwing 9/11...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake the Dog Man
That one rumor, or many like them, might stem from this poster, which Starbucks used one summer follwing 9/11...

The poster shows two frozen drinks side by side, surroundded by green straws on their ends, with two dragon flys buzzing around. Then the headliner is "Collapse into Cool"...
[edit on 13-9-2005 by Jake the Dog Man]

There is also a Snopes article on this, complete with picture:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
interesting....but y r so many people against starbucks...except for the fact that their coffee is reallllllllllly expensive.....????? its not like they're evil....

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Personally, I prefer the taste of The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf coffee over Starbucks, but that's just my opinion.

As for Java Jingoism, I know this is going back a way, the poster is basically saying that "Business is Good" and the Company needs to cater to its best interest and if some customers don't like it then tough.

Hmm, is that anything like the United States is good and the Government needs to cater to its best interest and if some citizens don't like it then tough?

So I guess the poster is also stating that they completely support the war in Iraq?

God Bless America
Support Our Troops!

P.S. Buy Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf coffee, it tastes better.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Starbucks is good coffee ?
Say it ain't so !!!

Starbucks should be boycotted because it's awful.
I'm so thankful for the good coffee we readily sell here in Australia

Starbuck's are starting to pop up here and there but I doubt they will do well here. Well actually, excluding Sydney maybe

I'm actually curious to know if they are.

This picture taken of the advertising they use is enough to signal me to stay away from them :shk:

[edit on 16-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
tht is wrong! tht picture! i just finally got it now!!! TEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!! evil starbucks....well i dont think they really knew what they were doing tho...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I dont get the pic whats it suppose to mean?

Personaly myself i dont mind Starbucks, althogh it is quite expensive.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Now I cant remeber if it was true but I believe it was, but didnt Starbucks charge the firefighters of NYFD $300 for water whilst they were covered in dust while going about their jobs on 9/11?

Its on Snopes I think but cant be bothered to look for it!

Oh and by the way JJ Bean is far better!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Looks like I could be bothered and here is the link....

www.snopes.com...

Another reason to stay away from SB's.:bnghd:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join