It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crusading americans and their "holy war"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!
Nice post NinjaCodeMonkey.

I hope that wasn't directed at me? I was asking when we (westerners) actually called it a 'Holy War'.

I would like to inform you that i am a catholic, but only by marriage, and have no wish or inkling to follow the religion. I have my own beliefs on things, and think that religion has caused more Wars throughout history.

Call me what you like, but i have no religious belief, but do respect those that do.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The problem with religion is.

It´s used by leaders and priests to control the masses, cristianity have been used on and off by kings to get control of the citicens.

Bush made a great misstake using the term CRUSADE, but on the other hand who was not uppset that day, his first comment was not made by any member of his staff.

By using the word crusade I think he was meaning " mobilisation of force " not as many want or wish, a holy war.

This discussion just proves the fact, religion used in politics, where it certanly not belong just leads to medness.

Allmost all religions tells its followers- Do not kill, be decent.
But politicians twist it in to, do not kill your friends of belief but smash all others.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Cheney was the terrorist that attacked us so don't try and say the Muslims started it and that they deserve what they get.

Do you think Cheney is president? Sure sounds like it to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Syrian sister, all the nice things you say....

FACT, 1914 in the shadows of the first world war the Turks with good help from the kurds slayed almost all the orthodox cristians in Turkey. This massacre was called- the year of the sword. It's only purpose was to get a country with one language, one religion and one culture.

God has many names............
A creator indeed, but not merciful.

95% of the orthodox Christians disappeared either by slavework building roads or just by simple deportaition into deserts, and ofcourse slaughter.

This is an act of ethnic clensing and discussed in the UN, ceveral countries have rcognised it.

This is truly a Holy War, and in the name of God.

link   

FACT, 1914 in the shadows of the first world war the Turks with good help from the kurds slayed almost all the orthodox cristians in Turkey. This massacre was called- the year of the sword. It's only purpose was to get a country with one language, one religion and one culture.

95% of the orthodox Christians disappeared either by slavework building roads or just by simple deportaition into deserts, and ofcourse slaughter.

This is an act of ethnic clensing and discussed in the UN, ceveral countries have rcognised it.

link   

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

This is an act of ethnic clensing it was discussed in the UN, several countries have rcognised it.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Cheney was the terrorist that attacked us so don't try and say the Muslims started it and that they deserve what they get.

Cheney wasn't involved during the Clinton administration's dealings with Al Qaeda, and that administration certainly "contributed" to the events of 9/11 if we're using your criteria (of US politics being considered as key causes).

Some extremist Muslims reacted to certain policy decisions, and they're the ones truly responsible for the attacks; if you want to peripherally blame a government, then start by addressing the partitioning of the Palestine/Israeli land after WWII, as you're going to find that it's a huge factor in current anti-Western sentiment.

To blame Cheney for everything seems to be as blinkered as blaming all Muslims for everything, you know?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Cheney was the terrorist that attacked us so don't try and say the Muslims started it and that they deserve what they get. How can any person in their right mind think Mecca is a fine target.

(1) I am so sick of this crap......It was not an inside job, quit passing this off as truth. Its not no matter what you conspiracy buffs think. It does damage to your nation in ways you can not comprehend.

(2) Is Mecca a realistic target? Well that remains to be seen, but if the fundamentalists raise the bar, then yes, a Holy War they will have. Don't give me the Christian vs Muslim junk either as there are Muslims that are given complete freedom in the US and these are the ones that should be at the front line confronting these radicals, but instead they are supporting the Islamic foundations within the US that support this terror as a means of end.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shotsDo you think Cheney is president? Sure sounds like it to me.

This one always cracks me up, and let me just say that Bush is in control not Cheney or any other, he likes you to think otherwise and but he demands loyalty and he makes the decisions......if you think otherwise, you make a foolish mistake.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

This was an act of ethnic clensing it was discussed in the UN, several countries have recognised it.

This was a Holy War , and in the name of God, I cannot se any mercy or tolerance in that God..

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomson2FACT, 1914 in the shadows of the first world war the Turks with good help from the kurds slayed almost all the orthodox cristians in Turkey. This massacre was called- the year of the sword. It's only purpose was to get a country with one language, one religion and one culture.

Surely George Bush and the Americans were at fault somehow. I mean Bosnia, Rwanda, Iraq, Indonesia (Timor), they are all the Americans fault and George Bush and Cheney's, nevermind that they were not in office, somehow they had to be at fault.

Now, back to reality, your are correct and the statement above was not directed at you. You bring up a good point about Islam and its history, but I already know the reaction in here, it will be the Spanish Conquistadors and the Christians march by the sword.....yeah both have done dirty things but you would be hard pressed to find Christians evangelizing by the sword these days or ethnic cleansing and genocide. As a matter of fact the last one you could really grab would be Bosnia and low and behold it was the Christian nations that saved the Moslem's......where were all these freedom fighters in Bosnia? How come the Islamic nations did not declare war on Serbia? Gee I wonder...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I get your point.

I just get fed up on the God is good jibberish.

The war on terrorism is as I see it far from a Crusade or Holy War. It has two purposes 1. Remove the dictator, 2. Get military control in the oil rich middle east. As a bonus the American economy gets another boost when the military industry gets new orders. Plus the fact that the President gets a chance to finish off daddys old grudge.

The war on terrorism ended in Afghanistan, Iraq came as a bonus or maby were the main target the whole time.

Maby Iran is next.

This whole issue is politics, not religion.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomson2
I get your point.

The war on terrorism ended in Afghanistan, Iraq came as a bonus or maby were the main target the whole time.

Maby Iran is next.

This whole issue is politics, not religion.

NO I think Iraq was phase 2, look at how it has attracted those in the Islamic movements, Iraq was the best change at a solution in the Middle East. NO other nation had the 'intangibles' that Iraq has. Why do you think they are fighting so hard to make it a failure?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by shotsDo you think Cheney is president? Sure sounds like it to me.

This one always cracks me up, and let me just say that Bush is in control not Cheney or any other, he likes you to think otherwise and but he demands loyalty and he makes the decisions......if you think otherwise, you make a foolish mistake.

Ed are you directing that at me? I did not make the original statement about Chaney, that is why I replied the way I did, since I knew darn well Bush is in control not Chaney as NinjaCodeMonkey
implied.

[edit on 8/14/2005 by shots]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shotsEd are you directing that at me? I did not make the original statement about Chaney, that is why I replied the way I did, since I knew darn well Bush is in control not Chaney as NinjaCodeMonkey
implied.

I guess not...

Sorry I get so confused when the majority of posters in here think all this bunk is true.

My apologies....I read through these threads someytimes and loose track of who I am addressing.

Again, my apologies.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Again, my apologies.

No Problemo. We can look at it this way, in this case ignorance has been denied not once but twice

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I guess so....

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

It's a shame these kind of people give a bad name to the rest of the christians, some of which are heroicly fighting along side the resistance in iraq.

I was not in favor of the west going into Iraq, but where the hell was this "Heroic" resistance when Saddam was in power?

Some great "heroic" resistance you have here.... blowing up bombs in outdoor markets and in front of Mosques. I know this from information told to me first hand by people who were actually there fighting. Not some internet BS.

My brother is an officer who was stationed in Iraq and that "heroic" resistance you so fondly speak of shot a rocket at his base. You know what happened? It missed his base and hit a hotel killing around 20 innocent Iraqis.

Sound like great people to me.

~Face

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Facefirst]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I don't see a seperation of church and state.
1) I have voted for presidential elections inside of churches.
2) Our presidents seem to all be of similar religious beliefs.
3) Our current president has used the word "crusade".
4) Our current president has used phrases with "God" in it in almost every speech.
5) Our volunteer military swears to "God" when enlisting.
6) The judiciary (1/3) the branch of government makes everyone that speeks at trials (except lawyers) swear to tell the truth with one hand on the bible.

1. What was the name of that church and location? I have never heard of any elections being held in a "church".

St. Mary's, Canton Il. 1992 elections.

5 & 6 are no longer "required", they do not have to use the word god nor do witnesses have to swear on a bible.

True, we can now say "I (state your full name) do solemly AFFIRM ......"

Honestly, never been to court, just relied on TV & Hollywood for that information. Was unaware it was out of date. I still think lawyers should have to, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join