It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crusading americans and their "holy war"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

MSNBC's Dietl Asserted In The Event of Nuclear Attack By Muslims, U.S. Should Threaten To Bomb Islam's "Most Religious Places"

Calling in to The Radio Factor, MSNBC analyst Bo Dietl told Fox News host and Radio Factor guest host John Gibson that, in the event of a nuclear attack by Muslim terrorists, the United States should declare "holy war" and threaten to "bomb the most religious places."

From the July 22 broadcast of Westwood One's The Radio Factor With Bill O'Reilly:

[link]http://mediamatters.org/items/200507260001[/link]

I know it's definetly not true about the majority christians, but some fundementalist christians won't stop terrorising and attacking people untill the whole world is christian. In the words of Dietly above "They have to wipe out everybody unless you become one of them". These are not real christians ofcource but more like demonic evangelists that where resurected from the last crusades.

But ofcource Wars are never really fought over religion but inorder for imperialist politicians like to make a profit. I think what really is going on here, is that it's the capitalists not the christians, who won't stop wiping everyone out untill you become one of them.

However some extremist "christians" do hold these dellusions of fighting a holy war, this is they're reason for supporting the war on iraq and afghanistan, ethnic cleansing of muslims, like in the last crusade. Bush Fuels them with comments like this.

"President George Bush declared a 'crusade' against Islamic terrorism."

[link]http://www.rosbaltnews.com/2002/10/12/50212.html[/link]

It's a shame these kind of people give a bad name to the rest of the christians, some of which are heroicly fighting along side the resistance in iraq.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you have notice, but "the other side" also have people like those you posted?

Maybe you should also add those people in too. Since, they, are also wrong.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
how does that "glass houses" saying go ?

this should be fun

Syria's Kurds have endured decades of severe discrimination under Ba'ath party rule. They have legitimate human rights grievances that the government should urgently address. Repression will only fuel resentment and political tension.

Joe Stork, acting executive director of the Middle East and North Africa division of Human Rights Watch

hrw.org...

hrw.org...
Discrimination against Women
Syria’s constitution guarantees equality for men and women, and many women are active in public life, but personal status laws as well as the penal code contain provisions that discriminate against women. The penal code allows for the suspension of legal punishment for a rapist if he chooses to marry his victim, and provides leniency for so-called “honor” crimes, such as assault or killing of women by male relatives for alleged sexual misconduct. Punishment for adultery for women is twice that for men. A husband also has a right to request that his wife be banned from traveling abroad, and divorce laws are discriminatory.

maybe you can focus your energies to cleaning up your own country before you blame bush for everything ????

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"Syria's Kurds have endured decades of severe discrimination under Ba'ath party rule. "

What does that have to do with Crusades, or religious freedoms? Kurds are muslim too. And by the way, there are kurds in the Ba'ath party. And i myself am part kurdish. So before you belive these lies about Syrian Kurds, why not ask one, Syrian kurds are no different to Syrian arabs, we are all Syrian.

"Syria’s constitution guarantees equality for men and women many women are active in public life."

Thanks i know, i am a Syrian sister after all
. As for the rest of that disinformation. You provide no example. As far as i know rapists in Syria str hung in the streets. So if you please, the subject is CRUSADING AMERICANS, and their HOLY WAR. Going off topic is against the ATS rule. Unless you want to make comments that have to do with the SUBJECT, it stead of just attacking me and my country personally, then don't post.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Who declared "holy war" first, Syrian Sister and when?
Hint, 1996 and he is a member of Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Seekerof is completely correct. It's not us who labeled this a "holy war."

I think Mecca is a legitimate target for nuclear annihilation if a similar attack is launched against the U.S. or Europe.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
maybe you can focus your energies to cleaning up your own country before you blame bush for everything ????

the funny thing is the islamic extremists declared jihad, and then try to spin US foreign policy into a crusade, then you come here and attack my country and religion, and then spin my post into an attack.

so you are closer to the extremists than you might think ?

[edit on 2-8-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is a pretty simply concept...

Not all christians are fanatics...fundementalist is not the right word. people misuse that word to mean fanatic but if you look it up thats not what it means, just wanted to clarify that really quick.

anyway as i was saying

Not all muslims are fanatics and not all christians are fanatics, im a christian and i dont want to force anyone to believe anything. to really believe something the person has to believe it in their heart, and i cant make someone believe the concept of God in their heart.

it just seems that there are a ton of fanatics because those are the people that draw the most attention. the news doesnt want to put people on that are just sitting at home reading their bible or qu'ran. they put the people on tv that talk about drinking poison at their church services, or sacrificing their children for the jihad.

their are nuts on both sides...and i must say theyequally piss me off.

for 1. when someone is saying they are a christian and then they go screaming in the street about how the end of the world is coming in 4 days and the great satan is a wendy's employee, as a christian myself it makes it harder on me because when someone hears im a christian they think ..."ooo your one of those people that thinks satan is a wendy's employee". and so im automatically considered unintelligent.
and 2. the fanatical muslims piss me off because they are going around bombing people when they should be trying to help their country get out of poverty.....

See all religions have idiots..because the human race consists of idiotic people...

so the game of...your people are more evil than my people.....is stupid.

i think we should be focusing on ourselves and who we are becoming because if we all took our eyes off our neighboor i think we could all find some things that we needed to work on.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

ou have voted DigitalGrl for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

There you go DigitalGirl, have a WATS vote

That was a good post.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Based upon the initial post, shouldn't the title of this thread be Crusading christians and their "holy war"?

There is no such thing as a "holy war". It exists only in fairy-tale books and the minds of the deluded.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
You try and quote one analyst as if he speaks for Christianity or the U.S.? It, again, is quite apparent that you aren't very up on either Christianity or the U.S.
You seem to have the Holy War notion inside out.
"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" Jesus (Matthew 5:44)

"Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into the hearts of the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know."
Qur'an 8:60.

"Blessed are you when men revile and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in Heaven." Jesus (Matthew 5:11)

"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter."
Qur'an 2:191

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs in return is the garden of Paradise: They fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: A promise binding on Him in truth..." Qur'an 9:111

I see a bit of difference between the two religions. One religion doesn't back up creating a Holy War, while anothe seems to back up this sentiment -
"May Allah rip out his spine from his back and split his brains in two, and then put them both back, and then do it over and over again. Amen."

I by the way, am a "fundamentalist"; I believe in the word of God, undiluted. I am a "fanatic", if you will. A Christian who tries to understand his Father's word, knows the truth. I see, SS, you are also a true believer in your religion. Lying to an infidel is not really lying, it is merely strategic propaganda propagation.

Interesting that the word "Crusade" seems to be a thorn in your side, as you might be afraid that people know that the Crusades were responses to Islamic Jihads in the past.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
thanks stumason.
much appreciated..

as for jso..yea maybe the title of thread should have been that. but what is the point in attacking people who have a certian faith?
but i guess thats how this whole process works...someone has to knock someone else down so they can bring themselves up....

that seems to be your philosophy, which is fine, but you dont see me trying to convert you to my philsophy of faith so please dont extend yours to mine.

comments like that just make people pissed off....and detracts from productive conversation.

kind regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
right thomas,

fun·da·men·tal·ism :
1.A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles.

There isnt anything wrong with that. i was saying that people are using the term fundamentalist in the wrong way. it doesnt mean the same thing as the word fanatic.

which means:

fa·nat·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f-ntk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

for some reason people get the words mixed up. and it was getting annoying lol.

kind regards,
DigitalGirl

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
as for jso..yea maybe the title of thread should have been that. but what is the point in attacking people who have a certian faith?
but i guess thats how this whole process works...someone has to knock someone else down so they can bring themselves up....

that seems to be your philosophy, which is fine, but you dont see me trying to convert you to my philsophy of faith so please dont extend yours to mine.

comments like that just make people pissed off....and detracts from productive conversation.

kind regards,
DigitalGrl

I have no idea where you are coming from with that response.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Aside from the fact that responding to a SS thread makes us all borderline retarded, SS this is a great idea and they are legit targets get over it, Muslims started it we will finish it, With every suicide bomb that goes off, one more lefty joins the DROP THE FRIGGIN BOMBS ALREADY Club, Muslim extremists should seriously wise up cause quite frankly the WOT is like a Cat toying with a mouse, He could easily kill it, but restrains himself to have a little fun, This is a case where the bad apples WILL ruin it for the rest, I suggest you stop bitching about how evil bush is, how evil america is, and start ringing up your friends in the mid east and tell em to wise up, Its amazing how, People like you Blame bush OUR leader, for the problems, and look at us as if we are bad For voting for him, Why dont you hold Your leaders your Clerics, ect, to that same standard because quite frankly they dont seem to be saying much, So im going to assume they speak for all of you, and dont care about suicide bombers, There silence says they approve of those terrorist morons. Btw american muslims standing up against the terrorists dont count, they arent there, what counts are the muslims and clerics in the mid east, They are there watching this sht happen and they say nothing.

Im to the point where as much as i agree with bush on some things, I almost wish something would happen, Because then Cheney would be in charge.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
JS:

based on this statement

"It exists only in fairy-tale books and the minds of the deluded."
it was of my impression that you meant that to mean people that have a religious faith right?

if so i was just saying i thought that was rude and not productive to the conversation.

Kind regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Sigh...

Apart from the silliness of this topic, I assume SS is being sarcastic based on the posts we have recently of Muslims claiming to want to take over the world.

However I am getting tired of Muslims claiming the Crusades was some big nasty event that just happened to them from the evil Christians. Lets bring up the WHOLE of the era and see that the Muslims of the time were just as barbaric and abusive, enslaving and murdering millions. Afterall just how do you think the Muslims came to occupy the regions of the near East? They invaded it and murdered the inhabitants.

Its a whine that has no basis in fact.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
until the Jihadist's started spitting venem in a westerly direction the us/uk etc were not too concerned about what the arabs did in there own countries, OK you chop peoples limbs off in the street and bury young women up to there necks as a centre piece for a rock garden but that's just a cultural thing, get this we don't care what you believe in, just sell us your oil at the price that you dictate and we are happy, leave us to our own ways and we can all get along fine. Christians aint interested in Islam or all your quaint rituals

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Netchicken
It was a back and forth, both groups were responsible for their fair share of atrocities.

However, both sides also had the occasional inteligent leader, who saw through the stereotypes and bull#, to the heart of the matter.

Saladin could have killed MILLIONS, but instead he chose to tell them, basically 'live in peace, practice whatever religion you will, but respect me and my people who have beaten you, or I'll burn your cities to the ground and leave you amongst the ashes.'

You're right though, the crusades are often mis-represented as being an entirely Christian atrocity.

Thomas Crowne
What about all the passages in the books of the bible that speak about fire and brimstone? What about all the passages in the Koran that advocate peace and understanding?

It's an error of judgement to label one bad and the other good. The religion is only as bad or good as the individual practitioner, wouldn't you agree?

I've actually only known two muslims but, as fate would have it, one was violent and hot-headed, and one was serene and wise beyond his years. We all know Christians who behave in patently un-Christian ways, and we all know decent Christians who help those in need and love their family dearly.

The religions never do the fighting, it's always the religious.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
"Same shyte...different a-hole...and it all stinks."

...pretty much sums up the situation on either side...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join