It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA misled public on 9/11 pollution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is truly sickening. I'm speechless.

White House ordered false assurances on air quality, report says

New York -- In the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center, the White House instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to give the public misleading information, telling New Yorkers it was safe to breathe when reliable information on air quality was not available.

That finding is included in a report released Friday by the Office of the Inspector General of the EPA. It noted that some of the agency's news releases in the weeks after the attack were softened before being released to the public: Reassuring information was added, while cautionary information was deleted.

Read on....

sfgate.com.../c/a/2003/08/23/MN300070.DTL

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This tread is pointless, seeing how i think there are already three others with the exact same subject matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sorry. I haven't seen them. Actually, it's not pointless at all. The public needs to know. A search of this site for "EPA misled public" came up with absolutely nothing.
This seems like something important enough to mention a few times anyway. Things like this can cause unprecedented faith in this gov't to falter.

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Satyr]

join