It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black amputee offered white foot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
has anyone else from the UK seen this? what an unbelievable show of incompetence by the NHS! (my personal view)

any thoughts on this? is it just a simple mistake or is it sheer incompetence?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
has anyone else from the UK seen this? what an unbelievable show of incompetence by the NHS! (my personal view)

So does this mean he can't dance?

*ducks and runs for cover*

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You know...people make issues out of everything....!
I would think that the man would be happy that they even offered him a foot at all. Black, white, yellow, green, blue, wouldn't matter to me if I could get 'two' feet again.....

But hey, thats just me...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You know...people make issues out of everything....!
I would think that the man would be happy that they even offered him a foot at all. Black, white, yellow, green, blue, wouldn't matter to me if I could get 'two' feet again.....

But hey, thats just me...

regards
seekerof

I would think if i lost a limb, the least they could do is match the skin tone.

If not, i'd break out the ole sander and poof can and go at it.

arc

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
it was actually a lady and she was pretty upset that they hadn't been a bit more sensitive. Losing a foot isn'y exactly fun and as she said 'how would a white person feel if they got offered a black foot'. Its just tactless and uncaring. Sure the skin tone is never a perfect match, but they can at least try

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Are the NHS were taking the piss?, it looks like somone in the NHS is colour blind.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

Originally posted by Daystar

So does this mean he can't dance?

*ducks and runs for cover*

BRAHAHAHAHAHA
Funny git!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc
it was actually a lady and she was pretty upset that they hadn't been a bit more sensitive. Losing a foot isn'y exactly fun and as she said 'how would a white person feel if they got offered a black foot'. Its just tactless and uncaring. Sure the skin tone is never a perfect match, but they can at least try

I was gonna say, Don't they usually do that when they make the prosthetic?
I thought coloration and painting was all part and parcel of the process?

If not it's just caddy and lazy. But i still want to know if she would have a harder time dancing with a white foot....

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

Originally posted by arc

I was gonna say, Don't they usually do that when they make the prosthetic?
I thought coloration and painting was all part and parcel of the process?

If not it's just caddy and lazy. But i still want to know if she would have a harder time dancing with a white foot....

Dont man! i cant stop larfing.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If she doesn't like the colour of the foot then she can pay for one herself. Why does she care? She can walk again can't she? If I lost a foot a wouldn't give a # if it was purple as long as I could walk again.

Well after it got reported they've done a custom job for her and she's got the right coloured foot now. I'm sure it made a big difference.

new topics

top topics

join