It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on "the cell phone call" and 911 plane attacks?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have read where cell phones do not work over 1000 feet into the air. If this is true then how did the guy (on the plane that was taken by terrorist's where the passengers are said to have stopped the terrorists but crashed the plane and killed everyone) make the call to his wife and tell her what was going on on the plane?
Has this been brought up before? If so, sorry?

*Also, even if cell phones work in planes over 1000 ft., i just posted a link to an article that is strange about the phone calls that were made (and not made) from the planes.
911research.wtc7.net...

[edit on 1-8-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
if such cell phones dont work at over 1000 ft, then its one dam cheap phones they bought. im sure there are phones that can work while on planes.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been brought up before, but I've tested myself and no, cell phones do not work in a commercial airliner after it's about 1000 feet off the ground. How did they pull off the phone calls? Great question, but I suspect that they were bogus.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
They work on planes. They ask you to turn them off for interference with radio com. Problem is you are moving so fast that the cell towers cant keep up with you. Take a radio onboard, illegal as all get out but you will get reception and a cell phone is a radio.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
I have read where cell phones do not work over 1000 feet into the air. If this is true then how did the guy (on the plane that was taken by terrorist's where the passengers are said to have stopped the terrorists but crashed the plane and killed everyone) make the call to his wife and tell her what was going on on the plane?
Has this been brought up before? If so, sorry?

This is a good question, GREGNOW. Did they say the calls were made from a Mobile or a phone on the plane? I can't remember.

[edit on 063131p://45086 by MERC]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I believe the phones used were provided on the airplane. Some Airlines have a phone at every seat now. You can use either a credit card or calling car to make a call.

I have used them a few times, once from 32,000 feet!

[edit on 1-8-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
LOL! Did you all miss the part about "I took the phone out of the back of the headrest and slid my credit card in..." Those phones work all the time.

Paraphrasing....but that is what I heard in all the interviews.

Anyway, how about some facts (I worked in the industry).
1) Analog signal is about 10 mile range (that is the spacing distance between most towers)
2) Digital is about 5 miles.

1 mile = 5 280 feet

I don't know if it's been brought up before, but I've tested myself and no, cell phones do not work in a commercial airliner after it's about 1000 feet off the ground.

They do over a coverage area. I've done it.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I believe the phones used were provided on the airplane. Some Airlines have a phone at every seat now. Uou can use either a credit card or calling car to make a call.

I have used them a few times, once from 32,000 feet!

Hmmm, that's what I thought, does that render this a no issue then?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ZED, what interviews? all the passengers on that plane died after it crashed. Maybe i misunderstood what you are saying?
Well, anyway here is another interesting link i found about cell phone calls and the planes that were highjacked for the attacks. It is interesting.
911research.wtc7.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
These are sat phones, all digital.

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
LOL! Did you all miss the part about "I took the phone out of the back of the headrest and slid my credit card in..." Those phones work all the time.

Paraphrasing....but that is what I heard in all the interviews.

Anyway, how about some facts (I worked in the industry).
1) Analog signal is about 10 mile range (that is the spacing distance between most towers)
2) Digital is about 5 miles.

1 mile = 5 280 feet

I don't know if it's been brought up before, but I've tested myself and no, cell phones do not work in a commercial airliner after it's about 1000 feet off the ground.

They do over a coverage area. I've done it.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
JUST A PILOT, what is your take on the link i just posted above? I am figuring you are a pilot and may have explainations? Heres the link again
911research.wtc7.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My gather? The plane was shot down by an F-16 out of Andrews Air Force Base. Lets Roll became the call. The cell would work if there were cell phone towers in the area but I do not know if there were or not. It crashed at a farm............Not to many towers there I suppose.

JUST A PILOT, what is your take on the link i just posted above? I am figuring you are a pilot and may have explainations? Heres the link again
911research.wtc7.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
JUST-A-PILOT,
what does that have to do with the link to the article says that i posted here though?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Because, on most flights people listen to the captain to turn off all cell phones. But if there is an emergency what would you do? I am not a conspiracy guy but I really dont believe that the plane after being taken over by hijackers was retaken by passengers scared out of their minds not knowing what had happened in NY and DC. A cell phone will work no matter what altitude if the cell is in range. Its not like going camping where mountains and terrain is in the way. It is a clear shot to the cell. A cell phone for the most part is just a radio albiet digital four years after the attack.
I guess I am not sure what you are asking. Have I ever made a cell call from my plane. Yes. Illegal, yes.

JUST-A-PILOT,
what does that have to do with the link to the article says that i posted here though?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ok, i see, you are actually saying that you think those people did not even make the calls (they were faked) and that the plane was actually just shot down by an F-16 and the Gov't. made it "look" like the passengers made the calls.
Ok, that is sort of what the article says also (that calls were faked)...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh my goodness - now the calls were faked?

oh well its a conspiracy board after all...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
EDSINGER, read the link i put up about the total LACK of calls on the other planes. did you even read the link?
There IS evidence there that could use some explaining, you know?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
That is exactly what I am saying. I have no doubt about that. Is it a conspiracy.......take it for what you will. I do not think it a conspiracy but yet a way to make the US people safe at the time. It brought people together. It does not matter the outcome because it would have been the same if it crashed into the Capitol. Unfortunately.........if that is so. Ed and I see eye to eye. As the song goes we will put a boot up your ass its the American way. Im a vet as was my dad and Grandpa. If it was me, I would shoot down the plane to save the Congress, Senate, or, the President Of the United States. It is an oath

Ok, i see, you are actually saying that you think those people did not even make the calls (they were faked) and that the plane was actually just shot down by an F-16 and the Gov't. made it "look" like the passengers made the calls.
Ok, that is sort of what the article says also (that calls were faked)...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am a vet also and understand why they would shoot it down and not want to tell the American people.
What i wonder though is if there is not more to the story then just that though. Like if the control towers knew these planes were off course for so long (not just one plane), why did it take the F-16's so long to be deployed? Why could'ny F-16's been deployed to shoot the other planes down also? Especailly if the Gov't. wanted to shoot the plane down that was headed towards the white house. why not jump on the planbe that hit the Pentagon before it hit?
If one plane was off course i could see it, but with all those planes off course for the amount of time they were, would'nt the F-16's been on alert and in the air already before the Twin Towers were hit to give them a reason? Especially when they already had intell. info that civilian airline planes might be used on an attack on american soil long before the attack even happened?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Out of curiosity one day I left my phone on while taking off in a commercial jet. I lost service approximately two minutes into the ascent. At let's say an average ROC of 2,000 FPM in the 737 that would be about 4,000 feet.

On the flip side I have maintained a cell conversation in a single-engine Cessna at about 1,500 feet. It's quite hard to hear but it can be done. I didn't have the controls by the way. We were just offshore in south Pinellas county so the abundance of cell towers in that area coupled with the Cessna's slower speed likely made a prolonged conversation possible. It's a great way to spot tarpon pods before taking the boat out the next morning.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join