It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chief says he thinks ETs are out there!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't know if any of you just saw this, but just now on CNN (out of the blue) they quoted the head of NASA as saying with all the billions of planets in the solar system it would be almost impossible that there would be no other intelligent life out there. And then CNN said when the Discovery shuttle crew was asked about Extraterrestrials they also agreed.

When they keep saying things like this on CNN and other channels it makes me wonder if they're gearing up for some kind of disclosure? I mean it has never been like this. Thoughts?

[edit on 1-8-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Disclossure is due for this year I believe. (don't ask me why, I don't know)

Would be pretty dramatic if Bush invited some ETs over for an introduction to the world

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's basic math, nothing new. The # of stars alone make this a credible arguement.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
That last thing you said is what I hope happens and they are nice creatures. But really, have you ever seen the UFO subject being played as much as it has recently on TV?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Perhaps you will notice more and more people saying they believe there is life out there, but dont expect this "life" to come here.

That is not going to happen in the near future, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It would be logical for any space program to support the idea of other life form in the universe. It is one of many reasons to justify the space program and a natural alliance.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
"NASA chief says he thinks ETs are out there!"

This makes me very angry! I take personal offense at this, because it is a deliberate, all-encompassing lie from the mouth of somebody who knows the truth of alien visitation, but is assisting the criminal misleading of the public for a diabolical reason. I see it all the time but especially lately now that the public is sharing more and more true information about their personal experiences.

The statement means among the propaganda:

"The anomalies on Mars and Earth are natural"

"The greatest Earth authorities don't know what crop circles are"

"The greatest Earth authorities have no knowledge of alien life"

"The greatest Earth authorities have no contact with alien life"

"Individual humans on Earth have no contact with alien life"

"All ufo videos and photos are hoaxes created by hoaxers"

"Anybody on Earth who claims to have personal knowledge of alien life is either delusional or lying"

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
But I don't think he said:
I think aliens are down here..

Pretty safe statement, as Intrepid said..basic math.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
"NASA chief says he thinks ETs are out there!"

This makes me very angry! I take personal offense at this, because it is a deliberate, all-encompassing lie from the mouth of somebody who knows the truth of alien visitation, but is assisting the criminal misleading of the public for a diabolical reason. I see it all the time but especially lately now that the public is sharing more and more true information about their personal experiences.

Honestly, until it can be proven beyond a doubt to the human race that there are, in fact, other forms of intelligent life in the universe, there will always be skeptics. In addition to that, did it occur to you that the vast majority of humans wouldn't be able to handle the truth of that concept without some form of preparation in the matter? Humans have a herd mentality, and human nature makes humans very arrogant creatures. The human "herd" would suddenly collapse if we were to suddenly realize that we aren't the most intelligent life forms out there. Sure, there are individuals that could handle it (many are right here on ATS), but the human race as a whole would have a very difficult time with that notion.

I agree with Intrepid in his assumption that it was a very safe statement to make. Simple numbers make that statement likely to be true, and it's a good way to help prepare humans for the realization that we're not alone.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That's all they're doing is preparing. I'm sure they have the evidence. And they'll probably make some claim in a few years of evidence and act like they "just" found it! That's what I think.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As the number of people who accept the idea that we are not the only life grows I think we can expect to see more and more of this sort of statement. Most are being made by people who do not have direct knowledge but who feel safe enough to take the step of speaking out.

The problem is that I have no real basis for judgement when it comes to deciding when we may have any sort of real disclosure. The way the information has always be compartmentalized limits the number of people with real knowledge to a relatively small group.

I think it is more likely that we are moving into a new phase of the exploration of the truth. People accept, most people anyway, that there is other Life, so now it is a matter of convincing them that some of this Life has visited us, or perhaps I should say, is visiting us now.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
wow !!

thats why i like the ufo thread best

because of neat stuff like this...

just another drop in the bucket...
but when will the bucket be full ? (Disclosure)

i think it will be very neat when they finally admit the truth

that would be the day!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
saying with all the billions of planets in the solar system

lol i didnt notice it but my wife did

but you mean "the galaxy" not the"solar system"
theres only 9 or 10 planets in our solar system

i know what you meant tho so no problems lol
just thought it was funny no one else pointed it out

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
"theres only 9 or 10 planets in our solar system"

That we know of

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I don't know if any of you just saw this, but just now on CNN (out of the blue) they quoted the head of NASA as saying with all the billions of planets in the solar system it would be almost impossible that there would be no other intelligent life out there.

Absolutely no disrespect intended, but it is common knowledge that the powers that be acknowledge the possibility of alien life on other planets. This has been accepted for many years and is actively being searched for. However, if you ask the same people if they believe we are being visited by nuts and bolts spaceships they will laugh at you and snort derisively. Irrespective of whatever truth they know or believe they will never say we are being visited.

And regarding disclosure this year...well I've seen the same thing said every year for the last 13 years or so. I will admit that the level of UFO sightings reported is growing by the day, but this is due in part to the fact that more and more people are walking around with cameras and camcorders as they become cheaper. I also believe that people are more willing to report sightings than they were, say, 10 years ago because it is seen as less of a 'nutters domain' than it used to be. For those expecting disclosure this year, don't hold your breath. On the other hand, I would dearly love to be proved wrong on this.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Every year is supposedly the year for disclosure. I suppose if you say it every year you'll be the one to claim credit
"told you so"

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Disclossure is due for this year I believe. (don't ask me why, I don't know)

Would be pretty dramatic if Bush invited some ETs over for an introduction to the world

I agree with you on this one. Maybe thats way Bush won the election, so he could tell the US that there are ET's and UFO's. Maybe he knew something prior to this election and the Gov. didn't want to go through it with a new President so they fixed the election. and Bush will become a hero instead of a retard!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Who says it has to be Bush though? Other goverments study this as well, they just aren't as 'examined' as the US. If there was disclosure, I highly doubt it would come from the US knowing their secretive nature. Look to other countries, such as Russia, who basically don't have to do what the US tells them to do.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If we consider the way NASA engineering has struggled to patch together the aging space shuttle,
it would be easy to understand how frustrating it must be for them, if they are truly aware
of far more advanced technology, but simply do not understand how it works.

It would be ludicrous not to use any such advanced technology if it were actually available,
unless those in control of " black projects " do not want anyone to know that they already
have it.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maus0r
Who says it has to be Bush though? Other goverments study this as well, they just aren't as 'examined' as the US. If there was disclosure, I highly doubt it would come from the US knowing their secretive nature. Look to other countries, such as Russia, who basically don't have to do what the US tells them to do.

I know what your saying, I'm just talking about the US though. I think maybe he's going going to disclose it to the US b/c its going around and things are happening more and there is more talk about it. The Gov. might have prepared him the first time so now there getting ready to bring it out. I don't know this for a fact but, if there gonna disclose ufo's and aliens the Gov. probably doesn't feel like disclosing the info to another President again when they already have one that knows.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by EastonStyle78]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join