It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery: To Crash or Not to Crash?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I don't like putting 'bets' on these types of things, but I have a feeling it'll have big problems on re-entry.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The media is making everything sound like an extreme problem of course and the shuttles are really showing their age, but I will say "Not to Crash"

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
There's talk of a fourth space walk now. They found a damaged blanket near the cockpit window. It has expanded and is out of shape. The fear is taht it will detach and impact farther back on the orbiter on reentry.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Only if the tiles give way..and that too, right at the initiation of re-entry, will the shuttle be in trouble..
My money's on a perfectly executed re-entry..really..
NASA hasn't spent close to 1 billion USD not only on just making sure that foam don't fall off... Most of that money's gone into re-entry...
Discovery's gonna be fine...

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They'll be fine, they're just making sure no little mistakes add up to a big one. They probably could've brought it back fine w/o any repairs at the ISS.

Don't worry so much, and have some faith. If disaster does happen, it's far from the end of NASA...perhaps a break from manned missions.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I will not partake in ghoulish predictions.

I do not like however that NASA with it's BILLIONS, has a man in a weightless environment, travelling at thousands of mph around the planet with a MAKE-SHIFT HACKSAW attempting repairs.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hopefully not... It wouldn't be good with an other disaster for NASA...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That is true, the media as far as the US media (it's all i know), tends to blow everything out of proportion and make it worse then it really is. i am starting to think they're going to make it just fine now. Actually i'm just trying to tell myself that because i know i'm probably wrong about them crashing.

They seem to be doing things more tediously this time, repairing and all of that. Although, that's why they're up there right now isn't it? To test the ways they can repair the shuttle and that sort of thing?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by periwinkle blue
I do not like however that NASA with it's BILLIONS, has a man in a weightless environment, travelling at thousands of mph around the planet with a MAKE-SHIFT HACKSAW attempting repairs.

lol, yeah I thought that was funny, They have all these finely tuned machines.....and a hacksaw.

But the good news is they didn't have to use the hacksaw.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join