It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My hands bleed, but there are no cuts, can someone explain??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't remember when it started but i know it wasn't happening my whole life. it probably started within the last year.

I started to wake up with blood on my hands. Not moist blood, but dry blood. It doesnt happen all the time, just every once in awhile. It doesn't cover my whole hands, sometimes it doesnt even get on both hands. I examine my body to make sure the blood doesnt come from anywhere else. I never find anything where this blood can come from. I usually find it on my fingertips and palms. Also, when i wake up with blood on my hands, my hands are made into fists and are very sweaty. It takes me a long time to be able to open my hands because the joints in my fingers are so stiff to that position of a fist, and when I finally do get them open, I find blood.

One time it happened when i was awake. i was sitting on the chair watching tv and i looked down at my hands and there was dry blood on them. it was on my fingers, between my fingers and on the palm of my hand. i examined the blood a little. to see if i could figure out where it came from. i had no luck, so i just washed my hands off as i always did after finding the blood.

I just want to know if anyone knows anything about what might be going on, have the same experiences yourself, or if they have anything they can tell me. It would be VERY much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What you are describing sounds like stigmata.

Here is a site that goes into it a bit.
www.newadvent.org...

Mystical Stigmata

To decide merely the facts without deciding whether or not they may be explained by supernatural causes, history tells us that many ecstatics bear on hands, feet, side, or brow the marks of the Passion of Christ with corresponding and intense sufferings. These are called visible stigmata. Others only have the sufferings, without any outward marks, and these phenomena are called invisible stigmata.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The next time it happens I'd bag some, and take in to a lab and have it tested to see if it is yours. Also could it be possible that you are scratching yourself at night causing yourself to bleed elsewhere, or even possibly having a nose bleed in the night in which you don't wake up too, but at least respond to the trickle or tickle caused by it?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sounds like you are making fists so hard your fingernails are digging into your hands. Are you really stressed out??

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I know this may sound, weird and I havn't personally done it lol.

but something that comes to mind....

Maybe your picking your nose till it bleeds while your asleep?

Vorta

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Do you have pimples or any type of sores on your body? You could easily scratch it asleep, or even as you are going to sleep unintentionally. It wouldnt have to be that hard, and blood would stay in your fingernails etc until the morning. Thats the only logical explaination i can give though.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think i read about an illness before where blood comes through the pores of the skin, but you would think it would happen in other areas then just your hands.
Or it could be stigmata.
Also do you have any type of stomach problems (like an ulcer)? If so, there could be blood that has risen from your stomach to your mouth in your sleep (like bile does in acid reflex). you could then be coughing the blood out while you are still almost asleep and putting your hand to your mouth when you cough so it is getting on your hands. i know that's a streach, but it is possible...

[edit on 1-8-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There's a good chance it just came out of your nose, thats what happens to me sometimes, usualy when I get hot(room temp or other reasons :p) or feverish when sleeping.

The balled fists that are stiff sound kinda bad since its often a pointer to cardiac problems and heart attacks (also a reason why you could have a bloody nose, soaring bloodpresure).

If you think to yourself "hey, I never had a heartattack" then think about this:

My own dad had a tripple bypass surgery 2 years ago. He went to the docter for a checkup, to renew his license to be alowed to drive a truck. The doc hooks him up to the cardiograph and almost falls over. He then proceeded to check the machine and replace the paper roll, since thats often a cause for false positives.

He replaced it and nearly falls over again. Next thing he did was call 100(911) for an ambulance and told my dad what was going on. He just made 2 heartattacks right there while at the docters office, without feeling a thing.

Checking the cardiogram, it showed that he had been making these heartattacks on a rather regular basis for at least a few months and if the docter didn't have him admitted to the hospital immediatly, there would be a very good chance he died while sleeping within the next few weeks or even the same night.

Have your heart checked man, no matter what age you are. I know a kid that was only 18 when having a fatal massive heartattack. And several more with other heart related problems.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Have you tried going to the Doctor and see what he thinks. i think your making it up.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I believe you, but yeah its strange. I think the suggestion of taking a dried blood sample to your doctor is worth while. Also try out the church or maybe another faith if they can't help. Never heard of anything like it, its clearly quit unique, stigmata maybe!!!

Its a shame the blood washes off otherwise one would say it was just skin under pressure, if you ever suck your own skin you get a redish effect.

Interesting post! Also to people who don't believe whats the point in accusing people of making stuff up? Ether shut up or don't be on here at all. There's no need to make such obvious accusations, people have their own minds to make up!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i agree with the nose theory even though at first it sounds like a stigmatic, but im pritty sure that for a stigmatic their are still cuts or scars or w/e

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It could be petechia.

Thats when pin pricks of blood form beneath the skin and cause bleeding and/or bruising. The blood seeps through the pores.

They are the sign of coagulation/low blood platelet counts. You should see a doctor as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
There's a good chance it just came out of your nose, thats what happens to me sometimes, usualy when I get hot(room temp or other reasons :p) or feverish when sleeping.

The balled fists that are stiff sound kinda bad since its often a pointer to cardiac problems and heart attacks (also a reason why you could have a bloody nose, soaring bloodpresure).

If you think to yourself "hey, I never had a heartattack" then think about this:

My own dad had a tripple bypass surgery 2 years ago. He went to the docter for a checkup, to renew his license to be alowed to drive a truck. The doc hooks him up to the cardiograph and almost falls over. He then proceeded to check the machine and replace the paper roll, since thats often a cause for false positives.

He replaced it and nearly falls over again. Next thing he did was call 100(911) for an ambulance and told my dad what was going on. He just made 2 heartattacks right there while at the docters office, without feeling a thing.

Checking the cardiogram, it showed that he had been making these heartattacks on a rather regular basis for at least a few months and if the docter didn't have him admitted to the hospital immediatly, there would be a very good chance he died while sleeping within the next few weeks or even the same night.

Have your heart checked man, no matter what age you are. I know a kid that was only 18 when having a fatal massive heartattack. And several more with other heart related problems.

Yes this is a good idea to keep check on it and on a regular basis. I have heard of people having heart attacks and strokes as young as 24. So whatever you age is keep in mind that it can happen anywhere and anytime. It sounds like your father had been using his head and had it checked out. People should also know what the warning signs are and how get help for it asap. Most of the time people just ignore the warning signs and either drop over dead or have one hell of a stroke and wind up being braindead or a cripple for the rest of their lives.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
yes dude get it checked out in the docs...i had a heart attack 6 mths ago(i am 36 yrs old) and the doc asked me if there was anything i noticed and i told him i was having trouble sleeping because i was clenching my fists so tight my palms were bruised and bleeding..he said that was a sign and instantly sent me to the hospital for checks..they confirmed and it appears i have had a few heart attacks and didnt even know it...get it checked now m8
good luck and god bless

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
i agree with the nose theory even though at first it sounds like a stigmatic, but im pritty sure that for a stigmatic their are still cuts or scars or w/e

Before looking in the fields of religion and mysticisme, people should check scientific and medical reasons. Only when those are exhausted one should look at the non physical world.

If he doesn't have this checked out and the signs hes showing that are rather common in current day are related to his heart, he could just drop dead from a massive coronary while thinking something mystic is going on with him.

Religion should never go before common sence and the explainable.
Religion and mysticisme exist to explain the unexplainable.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Forsaken Druid

Hello, this is a topic you've posted 11 years ago, long time right. But I have the same problem, I'm awake using my phone as usual, just to find out dry blood on my hands, any update on what happened next with this said subject??
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The only time I've ever woken up with blood all over my hands is if I've bust my nose in my sleep or picked at a scab and not noticed. Could this be an option?

(Didn't notice how old this was - whoops)

a reply to: UncleSamB

Could you have picked the blood up elsewhere? Was it definitely blood? What else were you doing at the time?
edit on 9/1/2017 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/1/2017 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Umbrax

If it is/was a stigmata it would cause excruciating pain.
2nd line

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forsaken Druid
I don't remember when it started but i know it wasn't happening my whole life. it probably started within the last year.

I started to wake up with blood on my hands. Not moist blood, but dry blood. It doesnt happen all the time, just every once in awhile. It doesn't cover my whole hands, sometimes it doesnt even get on both hands. I examine my body to make sure the blood doesnt come from anywhere else. I never find anything where this blood can come from. I usually find it on my fingertips and palms. Also, when i wake up with blood on my hands, my hands are made into fists and are very sweaty. It takes me a long time to be able to open my hands because the joints in my fingers are so stiff to that position of a fist, and when I finally do get them open, I find blood.

One time it happened when i was awake. i was sitting on the chair watching tv and i looked down at my hands and there was dry blood on them.

There's a couple of medical conditions that might explain your symptoms, but it would be kind of rare for somebody to have both of these:

Hematidrosis

'Hematidrosis, also called' blood sweat is a very rare condition in which a human sweats blood.

The Clenched Fist Syndrome

The clenched fist syndrome is an entity in which the patient keeps one or both hands tightly clenched. It is seen in all groups; hand dominance or compensation is not a factor.

I hope you get some attention from a medical professional soon or find some relief from this problem. It sounds horrible.

edit on 15-1-2017 by TheFatefulDay because: Link

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Forsaken Druid

yes - consult a medical professional

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join