It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free IVF Treatment on the NHS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i saw this report on the ITN lunchtime news, but i only just got round to posting it (Lazy i know, but wotchagonnado?)

The british NHS has decided that IVF is to be made free, on a 'strike 3' basis. this means that they only get three chances for it to work, but this still gives hopes to many couples, who possibly feel that they are now being given a fair chance to have children

personally i feel that this is a right decision, even though the projected cost is �400million a year.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I also feel that this is a great breakthrough in the NHS Community!!!

As long as the system sorts out its little glitches and manages to get the income needed from the Health Budget...its a go!

Lets just hope that this step forward in the new NHS is just the beginning and they make sure that they get it right the first time!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i couldnt have said it better myself. it certainly is a breakthrough but they do need to sort out a lot of these little glitches that we keep heaing about

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The newly built Great Western Hospital here in Swindon is actually doing very well which is a great change from the former Princess Margaret Hospital plagued with patient care problems. Recent national reviews have ranked the new hospital's operations very well.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have heard that GWH is doing very well indeed and alot of that is down to staff and not the admin!

We have 2 hospitals near us...Queen Margaret Hospital...in Dunfermline and Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy.

They recently decided to close certain major parts of QMH and send the patients down to the VHK instead.

Now this may make sense apart from the QMH is more modern and upto date in tech than VHK.....in the whole of Fife last month....we had over 30 patients needing ICU treatment....we could only take 4...why? They closed the ICU ward in QMH????????????????

Lets just say that there was a big problem with staff that day and they have now wisely decided to keep both hospitals open and get more staff in to work!

Oh...question?

Up here we have 2 trusts in the NHS

Primary - Mental Health and Special Needs
Acute - All others (surgery, ortho...etc)

We have disbanded the trusts and made them into divisions....is that the same in england?????

new topics

top topics

join