It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapid Advance of Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I was watch the Discovery Channel this past weekend, stealth technology was being discussed. During the program it stated that stealth tech was first tested in 1974 (bluebird, I think). Considering that computers didn't really exisit and other technology was unknown, just how did the USA's tech knowledge evolve so fast?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A lot of people went to school, studied hard, graduated and then worked their butts off--that's how.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
A lot of people went to school, studied hard, graduated and then worked their butts off--that's how.

And in those studies they learned computers were around WAY before 1974.

Reality check for you ferretman...

Realativity and Quantum physics predate WW2 and jet engines... never under estimate the human mind...our technology isn't advancing fast, its just cathing up with our minds.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Exactly, and you have to remember, every now and then, there are great minds that are born into this world, who help us change the whole way we see things.

Btw I am not sure if its true we are supposidly 20 years behind in the technology we have or something similar to this figure.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Discovery channel accualy said we were 50 years ahead of our time in technology us civilians dont know about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I get PhysOrg News daily and the research projects, new inventions and advances in technology they report just blow my mind. The computer & video monitor segments of the electronics industry are about to undergo a major technology change. For example, thin film OLED (organic light emitting diode) displays--the kind you can literally roll up like a map or something--are here now. They just haven't hit the maket yet. The things are incredible, they use almost no power, have a contrast ratio about twice what most flatscreens do, are very bright and can be seen from fairly extreme side angles and they will be cheap. Other things are announced daily that are going to be incorporated into our computer systems soon. I don't see how the manufacturing folks are ever going to catch up with new advances as it is and new advances are coming faster all the time.

new topics

top topics

join