It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I walked out of a movie, first time ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The movie was Wedding Crashers.
I laughed once, not at the movie, but at the fact that
a couple of other people were laughing at super-lame humor.

Vince Vaughn, and Owen "nosejobnow" Wilson..

The director says.."Let loose with a bunch of cute lines, we'll film it"
Problem is, the director shold have said, let loose with a bunch of FUNNY lines" oooops..

The theater was full, and the stupid thing is, this was the number one this weekend..
I can't figure it out..I do have a sense of humor. Yet I found nothing funny about it. We left about 45 minutes into the thing, and asked for a refund.
Didn't even get a hard time about it. We were given replacement coupons, which we used later to see the new Batman flick..Which Was a great movie BTW..

Did I miss something? Was the last 45 minutes better than torture?
Clue me in..

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Phew! I'm glad to know I was saved!

A couple of my buddies wanted to see that the other day - I wasn't gonna have any of that....lol - I talked them into seeing Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, and was very pleased with the film
It seems the Depp rampage just won't stop, and for once I'm actually happy that Hollywood has finally begun to open the doors to real actors once more...

At any rate....lol - Hopefully someone can key you in on those last few 45 minutes that I'm sure you're just itching to know about SD

I usually try my hardest not to walk out on a film - It always pisses my friends off, cuz they're not a movie snob like I am....

Last one I walked out on was The Ring 2....Why I even walked in, I'll never know....I mean, come on - Can you really call a movie a sequel if nothing really changes from the first film?

[edit on 8/1/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I haven't seen it so I'm responding with educated speculation. The movie doesn't really look funny at all. Owen Wilson is trying to get off the Ben Stiller gravy train and it looks as though he may have temporarily succeeded, but I'm sure he'll jump back on in the future when he finally realizes that he, himself is completely devoid of talent.

Note to Owen Wilson: Dude, I don't get the nose thing. Shell out some coinage and get that shnoz fixed for crying out loud! It's really hard to look at.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I haven't seen Wedding Crashers but a couple of friends have and told me it was hilarious, but then again we have a very twisted sense of humor. Im looking forward to seeing it this week. It's gotten some pretty good reviews.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
For some reason i knew you were going to say it was that film when i clicked into this thread. I seen a trailer and it looks like the same old tired humour churned out one more time. At least you didnt wait around, and ended the torture early.

Movies

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The movie doesn't really look funny at all. Owen Wilson is trying to get off the Ben Stiller gravy train and it looks as though he may have temporarily succeeded, but I'm sure he'll jump back on in the future when he finally realizes that he, himself is completely devoid of talent.

Note to Owen Wilson: Dude, I don't get the nose thing. Shell out some coinage and get that shnoz fixed for crying out loud! It's really hard to look at.

Peace

Sir,

The nail now has a headache..!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sorry guys...call me immature, or a man of poor taste, but I thought this movie was hilarious!!! Now, if you knew me you know that I have a VERY wide variety of film taste, so take this with a grain of salt. But every person I know that has seen this loved it too.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I walked out of..
"Don Juan De Macro"- That movie was DREADFULLY boring. The plot was boring, the acting was boring, the dialogue was boring. Johnny Depp's worst film ever!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The only film i ever walked out on,was one called "The Brothers".Man, what a boring laod of garbage!The first 35 minutes,was all i could take.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Actually, the beginning of the film was almost a different movie. It started off pretty juvenile, but by the end of it, I was laughing about as hard as I've laughed since Something About Mary, so it was well worth it to me....

Very low-brow, but you can't eat meat all the time. Sometimes candy is dandy. Not to mention, if you've always had a Jane Seymour crush, you'll see more of her in this movie than you've ever seen before, hehe...

And Rachel McAdams is just too cute!

The relationship between Vince Vaughn and the crazy chick is worth the price of admission alone.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
will ferrell was also in top form towards the final 10 or 15 minutes of the movie too.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
the film i walked out of was the grudge! it was pants! i had already seen the first half before hand. it was sooooo boring! it was really really bad!

it was soo funny i was on a double date and i said i would leave and they didnt believe me so i walked out and went to the pub next door to the movies. lol

oni x x

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Only movie I ever walked out on was Crimson Tide. I love Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman movies but the little technical details they COMPLETELY screwed up just drove me insane. It was almost at the end and I finally had enough, got up and walked out.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's beginning to sound like I didn't wait long enough, that the second half of the movie was better..

Don't get me wrong, I love lowbrow humor too..proves we're decended from Apes I think...LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I didn't care for the movie either, however my nephew thought it was hysterical. I am reminded of the first time I saw a Monte Python movie with my dad - I laughed til I cried and he thought it was the most moronic thing he had ever seen - go figure.

See it again and add alcohol this time, maybe it will improve.

Bleys

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey, watch it Bleys...!
I'm hip to the sitch...(local 80's colloquialism)

I will add that one ingredient you mentioned..It's bound to help...

Have you ever walked out on a movie?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Ya know to be honest I don't think I ever have. You'd be surprised at the things one can find to amuse oneself when the movie is bad.

Bleys

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
RIGHT!

I'll buy the popcorn..
Spongebob ok?

new topics

top topics

join