It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British get it right....why can't America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Alert over fears of third attack

www.thisislondon.com...

The only important part is:

"BTP Chief Constable Ian Johnston said that his officers would not "waste time searching old white ladies"."

The British realize who is doing the bombings...........WHY CAN"T WE!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
wat is yer point>? are u saying that we should be lookin for Arabs only in America instead of searching everyone. Islamic fundamentalist dont have to look like Arabs u know.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Why can’t America get it right? Three words:

Bleeding Heart Liberals

Easy as that.

And I must admit, Britain is doing a great job with this whole issue. It drives me nuts living in the USA and the red tape that our officials need to go through to do the obvious. We have the means and the know how to capture anybody. But we have so many rules and guidelines it nauseating.

Damn liberals.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Bleeding Heart Liberals

Easy as that.

Damn liberals.

What does that even mean?

Our goverment is getting it right. Wave we been attacked? Not after 9/11.

Oh, to answer the question asked in the post, its illegal. Its profiling, they are trying it make it legal for subway searches.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It means the Britts are just doing it, and its working. The USA is so bogged down by liberals who dont want people to be searched and litigation they can hardly operate. They cannot be aggressive, and this type of law enforcemnt needs aggression. Thats what it means.

It I dont dissagree with you, the USA has been effective, but not like the Britts have been. Does the USA have nearly 100% of the surviving 9/11 attackers and planners in custody? Did they have them less than a month after the attacks? Nope.
'

And a little can of worms for your reading pleasure: I personally feel anybody who is unwilling to be searched may as well be a terrorist themselves. As people with nothing to hide have nothing to fear.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
oh, yes we are so terrible for 'profiling', well if the profile fits eh? At least britain can get things done and they are supposed to be more liberal than us right? sounds like they have REASONABLE people and not LIBERALS to me. Sorry we cant all see in one color and in one faith and all that other nonsense, its not reality. In reality muslims have a certain dress, possibly a middle eastern accent about them. Fact is, there ar far fewer caucasian muslims than are black or arab.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Bleeding Heart Liberals

Damn liberals.

That's hilarious! Conservatives have control of the White House, the Senate and the congress and if (when) we get attacked again, it will be the liberals' fault!

Tell the conservative leaders to tighten up the borders, quit handing our drivers licenses to illegal aliens, spend some money on security instead of lessening it and pay attention to what's going on at home instead of chasing down an illusive enemy all over the world!

The liberals' fault! Good one, skip!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just to balance this out a little, there are plenty in the UK that think we haven't got it right, that we are too soft on rabble rousers, too lax in our border security and in allowing the ghetto mentality to flourish rather than encouraging immigrants to intergrate into British society. There are plenty here pointing to the US as a model of how things SHOULD be done.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Whats a bleeding heart liberal? Sounds like a painful condition.
And what hold do they have on the US government that allows America to be attacked time after time?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ain't it the truth "the grass always appears greener on the other side of the fence".

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Of course Britain is getting it right with this one.

The U.S. policy reminds of that scene in the movie Airplane (or was it Airplane II) where airport security jumps on a little old lady and are so distracted a bunch of middle easterners in robes with rocket launchers over their shoulders stroll right through... :shk:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic: Man have I been giving you too much credit. And that’s all I can say about that.

But as far as profiling is concerned: If done right it is extremely effective.

If 50% of the people who walked by you wearing an orange shirt kicked you in the berries, are you stereotyping if you flinch each time another orange shirt walks by? Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Bleeding Heart Liberals

Easy as that.

Damn liberals.

Bleeding Heart Liberals

Also known as Tulipwalkers.....kind of lumps them with the rest of the bunch.

3 Cheers for the UK.....

I mean the way you can look at it like this,

if it smells like #e,

looks like #e,

feels like #e,

then odds are its #e....

[edit on 1-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

'

I personally feel anybody who is unwilling to be searched may as well be a terrorist themselves. As people with nothing to hide have nothing to fear.

And this is a great reason why you should never be in power.
So YOU know, london is way more Liberal than us here at in the states

You preach hate to anyone that doesnt follow your thinking or wants to think for them self.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Has nothing at all to do with Liberals, maybe more so with the Conservatives running our country. The UK is a Constitutional Monarchy, while we are a Constitution-based Federal Republic with a strong democratic tradition...aka Democracy? Until all our constitutional rights are ALL taken away. Won't be long.

We still do have Justice and Due Process imbedded somewhere in our ever changing Constitution...who knows for how long. Would you prefer to live in a society that doesn't have that? But it isn't the way our Forefathers intended. But then again, how could they of foreseen the tragedies we have incurred.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Go ahead and call me a Liberal, I am, and proud of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this skippy, but their "conservatives" make our "liberals" look like Ann Coulter.

And the reason we didn't catch the 911 terrorists is because they died on 9-11.

That makes 'em kinda hard for the FBI to get to.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So since "white people" aren't doing any attacks we should take away the rights of other groups of people because a miniscule percentage of them are terrorists. I bet white people kill more in the United States each year than Arabs.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Damn, where are you people in helping me prove the points i am trying to make in this thread below? A little help?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-8-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

And the reason we didn't catch the 911 terrorists is because they died on 9-11.

That makes 'em kinda hard for the FBI to get to.

Exactly! But, why were we like 6 minutes late to the scene, when we heard word of the possible attacks? That still has me baffled. And we all thought we were invincible, and something like this happens. Somethings just don't add up IMO.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I went to your post on that link. I am proud to be an American and love my country. Personally, I do believe we are losing our rights little by little, bit by bit, with The Patriot act and Homeland Security. The Patriot Act is up at the end of this year, but is being renewed with some provisions being taken out and some new ones added. It treats the average US citizen like a terrorist until proven otherwise. The Patriot Act was hastily passed after 9-11. Out of sheer fear that something so horrific had happened to the greatest Nation on Earth.

You are right we are better off than China and Korea, and the Bush Administration DOES suck. No Marshall Law has not yet been established here. But we still are having our rights taken away.

But....What if some librarian refuses to turn over the records of the library books you checked out to the CIA or FBI, and winds up in jail? Do you want your house searched without a warrant? Or your phone tapped for no probable cause at all? Or maybe having your emails read?

Yes we are better off than any other country in the world, well maybe Switzerland might be better.

I read somewhere the statistics on the arrests and persons detained under the Act, and the percent of true terrorists and/or criminals was quite low, compared to your average Joe being detained, without a real reasonable cause. (I'll see if I can't come up with the stats for you on this). Gawd, I'm thinking something ridiculously low like 2%.
If anyone knows, please post it. (that way I won't have to search for it)

Not going to get way off into it here, but in a nutshell, The Patriot Act, in particular, violates the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th Amendments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join