It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Even Rise From The Dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A while back I read the book The Da Vinci Code, And while reading it I developed a theory. After research and running it by my friends, I have toned it to something that could be possibly true.

It begins with a phantom. Often, when someone loved dies, he or she is seen after death in the form of a phantom. This is reported often, even my grandma saw my grandfather after his death. If the Mary Magdaline theory is true, and Jesus was married to her, they must have loved each other very much. After death, she was the first person he visited. I asumed that it may be possible, that he appeared to her as a phantom. A christian friend of mine refuted this with the fact that he appeared to a room full of people. Then I began to think about the possiblity of a multiple phantasm. Many people loved Jesus very much. So, What I'm saying is... Is it possible that Jesus never even rose from the dead, but was seen only as a multiple phantasm by the many people that loved him?

-NakedSuperman

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This could make sense if he had appeared a single time post-resurrection, or only a few times, maybe. However, according to Acts 1:3, Jesus was around for forty days after being raised from the dead. Therefore, I don't think your idea of a phantom fits, at least if you accept the biblical account as true.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Did Jesus Even Rise From The Dead?

There is a book that says just that and a billion people follow it. I do'nt.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Did Jesus even rise from the dead?

Being in the flesh and visiting a room of people does not prove that he ever went on the cross in the first place. Stigmata is a documented Gift of the Spirit that Christian mystics -- like Francis of Assisi -- have had through the centuries. What if Jesus/Issa also had this Gift and used it to "prove" that he went on the cross, when in actuality, he managed to avoid incarceration in the first place.

The entity, Seth, through Jane Roberts in the 1970s, stated that the whole Jesus story was distorted:

1. That the curcifixion was a "psychic event" not a physical one.

2. That Judas did not betray Jesus but saved him from the Roman authorities.

3. That someone else was chosen and drugged to die in Jesus' place.

4. That Mary Magdelene came out of compassion for the man who took Jesus' place on the cross.

Jesus/Issa Escaped Death On The Cross & Went To India (German Scholar)

Jesus/Issa Escaped Death On The Cross & Went To India (Muslim Scholar)

Issa/Jus Asaf Escaped Death On The Cross & Died In India At 80 After Proclaiming To Be The Galilean Messiah

Issa was known as a great prophet in India and the surrounding areas. However, not coming back from the dead in recent times does not help to further the idea that Jesus/Issa had that ability in the first place -- the Gifts of Stigmata, Healing, Charisma and Telekinesis notwithstanding.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No one will ever prove/dis-prove The Lord's death, burial and resurrection I believe that's the way he wanted it. Take it or leave it that's the choice we get....I choose to take the gift, others may not, but one thing to think about...what if YOU are wrong?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan
No one will ever prove/dis-prove The Lord's death, burial and resurrection I believe that's the way he wanted it. Take it or leave it that's the choice we get....I choose to take the gift, others may not, but one thing to think about...what if YOU are wrong?

I am not afraid of a false god who does not have the compassion or spiritual responsibility to stop many ministers, priests and nuns -- who preach in his name no less -- from sexually abusing and in some cases, raping, thousands of innocent children around the world. A "god" without transcendent compassion is no god at all, much less representative of The Original Creator.

The God that manifested The Big Bang had nothing to do with the religions of this planet (which is what Deists believe), which is why the miracles attributed to any traditional religion do not outshine the miracles in any other traditional religion.

So the fear factor of the repercussions of not bowing to a false god doesn't even come into play

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan

Good point glan. The whole idea of faith is believing in something that has no physical proof. I am not religous, but I am a Christian. For those of you who get by in life without any type of spirituality, I salute you. I only know that my faith has sustained me through much hardship.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I applaud those who lead spiritual lives without being religious.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Taking in consideration that has never being any physical prof to the event in question, but the accounts of the bible AD. is all about faith if you believe then it most be true.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Imo, he did not rise from the dead-he was not dead. He was in a deep coma-and considering medical knowledge back then, they figured he was dead.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_RichardI am not afraid of a false god who does not have the compassion or spiritual responsibility to stop many ministers, priests and nuns -- who preach in his name no less -- from sexually abusing and in some cases, raping, thousands of innocent children around the world. A "god" without transcendent compassion is no god at all, much less representative of The Original Creator.

So since God does not dictate everyone's actions He cannot exist? Is that your logic or are you just taking stabs?

[edit on 2-8-2005 by jacquio999]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacquio999

Originally posted by Paul_RichardI am not afraid of a false god who does not have the compassion or spiritual responsibility to stop many ministers, priests and nuns -- who preach in his name no less -- from sexually abusing and in some cases, raping, thousands of innocent children around the world. A "god" without transcendent compassion is no god at all, much less representative of The Original Creator.

So since God does not dictate everyone's actions He cannot exist? Is that your logic or are you just taking stabs?

Though I think he's talking stabs, I most counter what you said, by asking a simple question. So because a book claims something, it must exist?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not at all. To me the Bible (it thats the book) is a hypothesis, and a sketchy record of events that may or may not prove a point. Kinda like this website! Ill agree with you if you think people cling to the Bible too much, though its probably a lot more accurate than the "Da Vinci Code". Catholics did just fine without one for quite a while.

But honestly, my beliefs are based on my own experiences and rational consideration-- not too much faith involved with me Im afraid-- but I dont want to go preacher on you guys.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacquio999

Firstly, compassion dictates evolution. When there is no significant compassion expressed, there is no Ascended Being of Light in the vicinity.

Secondly, just because The Original Creator didn't orchestrate or influence the formation of the world's traditional religions or stop pedophile clergy from sexually abusing innocent children around the world (over a period of decades) does not necessarily mean that He/She does not exist -- although I can see why many would make that assumption.

It just means that The First Coming has yet to occur.

Thirdly, I don't adhere to the idea that "God" dictates our actions. We all have free will do do good, evil and everything in-between. However, we are ultimately held accountable for our actions and intentions by The Light Of God, which is nonliving, not by a person or being. Our ability to ascend into The Light after death is automatically determined by our character in living by The Golden Rule and by our ability to love genuinely and deeply.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Let's raise this thread from the dead.

Originally posted by Nakedsuperman
A while back I read the book The Da Vinci Code, And while reading it I developed a theory. After research and running it by my friends, I have toned it to something that could be possibly true.

Hold up. Before asking if Jesus really rose from the dead, wouldn't it be prudent to ask if he is even a historical figure? Why can the entire New Testament not simply be the records of ancient myth and legend?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Hold up. Before asking if Jesus really rose from the dead, wouldn't it be prudent to ask if he is even a historical figure? Why can the entire New Testament not simply be the records of ancient myth and legend?

Well, the entire old testament was pretty much ripped from Summerian texts, so what would give the new testament any more merit and historical relevence? The only definite we know, was that there was a man, born in nazarath, named Jesus, but then again, alot of people have similar names.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Well, the entire old testament was pretty much ripped from Summerian texts, so what would give the new testament any more merit and historical relevence?

Perhaps the mere factoid that unlike the Sumerians, over 2 billion people believe that this individual arose from the dead.
You are aware that the very cornerstone of the foundation of Christianity rests solely on the resurrection of this individual. How interesting that just a few men could turn this so-called Sumerian myth into the worlds largest religion and religious belief. Interesting, no?

seekerof

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So, What I'm saying is... Is it possible that Jesus never even rose from the dead, but was seen only as a multiple phantasm by the many people that loved him?

-NakedSuperman

Well....If everything about all that is written is 'true'...

Jesus.....went and had a meal with his disciples afterwards, yknow.....the bread and wine kind....., which is probably supposed to prove that he was an actual physical body,,,, and not a multiple~phantasm (whatever that is...LoL)

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Why not indeed? Why not go the whole nine yards? Let's dismiss all forms of spirituality as myth and legend. If it is not logical or proven by science, then dismiss it. If we all did this do you think society would be better than it is? Or perhaps we would just find other things to go to war over.

In order to answer the OP's question, you have to at least assume that there was a historical figure named Jesus who was crucified and reported by many to have been raised from the dead. The OP came up with a theory to explain the reports. It shows that he is thinking. Good for him.

There are many folks who suscribe to some sort of spirituality. There are many who don't. Keep in mind though, that one man's myth is another man's salvation.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

A while back I read the book The Da Vinci Code, And while reading it I developed a theory. After research and running it by my friends, I have toned it to something that could be possibly true...................So, What I'm saying is... Is it possible that Jesus never even rose from the dead, but was seen only as a multiple phantasm by the many people that loved him?

Anyone can develop a theory!
Just look at the theory of EVOLUTION!

Now, The Resurrection is the basis of Christianity....without it, we have nothing.
What do the Scriptures say?
If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.... If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins (1 Cor. 15:14, 17).

But Christ abolished original sin(DEATH that entered through the first people) and cleansed the fallen Adam (Eph, 1:7). With His divine blood He raises man into a new creation(The curse was broken and now all can enter who are willing ) (1 Cor. 15.13-26).

quote///But Paul offers hope in verse 20: "But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep."
When Christ did rise from the DEAD, the FIRST FRUITS(This means all of the Old Testament people,beginning with Adam and Eve....who brought DEATH into the world)were also RAISED..Resurrected into eternal life....

THE IMPORTANCE OF CHRIST'S BODILY RESURRECTION

The resurrection of Christ was also predicted by King David in the 16th Psalm, in which David says on behalf of Jesus: "Always have I seen God before me, because He has me in His right hand, I shall not quake … Therefore My heart has been filled with joy, and My tongue has become merry. Even My flesh shall rest in hope. For You shall not leave My soul in hell nor allow Your Holy one to see putrefaction. You shall indicate to Me the path of life. A plenitude of joy before Thy face, bliss in Your right hand — forever" (Ps. 16:9-11, see also Acts 2:25 and 13:35).

The Resurrection of Christ ~the conquest of death~

IX
helen

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join