It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Reconstruction is Failing - GAO Report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sorry guys. You can continue to talk amongst yoursleves. I am smart enough not to post what I think of the situation as you are both moderators with opposing opinions of my own. I dont trust that you guys can moderate effectivly and argue with somebody who doesnt share your opinions.

Im sorry, but thats how I feel and I think its best I end my part of this right now. You guys are welcome to continue if you want and think whatever you want. I have removed myself from the discussion.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Sorry guys. You can continue to talk amongst yoursleves. I am smart enough not to post what I think of the situation as you are both moderators with opposing opinions of my own. I dont trust that you guys can moderate effectivly and argue with somebody who doesnt share your opinions.

The cry of the beaten. "The big bad mods will get me". You haven't been threatened in any way and I find this post offensive in the extreme that I would use my position not only to threaten a member but to influence a topic.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I am smart enough not to post what I think of the situation as you are both moderators with opposing opinions of my own. I dont trust that you guys can moderate effectivly and argue with somebody who doesnt share your opinions.

Please

neither of us Mod this forum anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
[
The cry of the beaten. "The big bad mods will get me". You haven't been threatened in any way and I find this post offensive in the extreme that I would use my position not only to threaten a member but to influence a topic.

If I say what I want to say, I will be repremanded. And thats all I need to say. If you feel thats "The cry of the beaten", then whatever. But what ever you think about this, you shouldnt feel complimented.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And here I thought I was coming back to an involved discussion about the GAO report! D'oh!

Lest I get my fingers slapped for a one-line response, I'll just say it hardly matters who is to blame here, whether it's the insurgents, Bush or the bleeding-heart liberals
that usually get blamed for such things, my heart goes out to the Iraqi citizens who are continuing to suffer in this futile jihad against extremism...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, here's my two cents, hopefully OT.

Of course the reconstruction is going badly. And yes, it's the fault of the insurgents. However, when I attribute blame to the situation in general in Iraq, I have to fault not just the terrorists, but also the politicians who promoted this war knowing or should have knowing that reconstruction would be a near impossible task given the insurgency. I would like to assume that the Bush administration knows what it is doing and has taken this difficulty into account in their 'end-game' planning, but sadly I don't think this is the case. I think they went in never really expecting to leave Iraq completely, happy to leave it resembling something like Lebanon (which isn't that bad, in comparision to the situation today) as long as they get their oil and strategic benefit. It's like someone poking a hornet's nest with a stick... sure, the bees are responsible for the stinging, but it's pretty stupid to go around poking hornet's nests with sticks without a damn good reason.

Still, our military is very capable, and there are many Iraqis who want to see reconstruction succeed, so I don't think the task of reconstruction is an impossible one, although it is close to that. Just one we should have planned for better, and been more honest about the difficulties regarding from the outset.

-koji K.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I read both skippys and souljahs threads.

BTW, this thread has been hijacked.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Think about it this way. The machine wanted to make an excuse to fund SDI and develop tactical nukes but the little deal backfired.
Plan A: Invade Iraq, no wait towers go down have to focus on Afghanistan.
Plan B: Ag now blown up Invade Iraq, take the oil funnel money back though H and fund building SDI and Tactical Nukes. War does'nt go as planned. A walk in the park turns out to be a tip-toe through the minefield of poor planning. Insurgents bust the deal and make it worse. Now start closing bases because all the money you had planned for is gone. This time remember who closed the bases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join