It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Reconstruction is Failing - GAO Report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I sure wonder where all the billions of tax dollars are going if they're not rebuilding Iraq OR getting armor for the troops... Hmmm... What a puzzle.

Oil and Electricity are Below Pre-War Levels

In its new report, GAO finds that two years after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, oil and electricity production has fallen below pre-war levels. GAO also finds that the Administration has failed to measure how many Iraqis have access to drinkable water and has no plans to improve the primary health care of Iraqis.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
cant build it if people blowing it up, it takes only a few seconds to destroy an electric facility, it takes a few secs to destroy an armored humvee. where it takes months to build an electric facility and a day to make an armored humvee vehicle. destroy, rebuild, destroy, rebuild.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You know, one definition of insanity is:

Doing the same thing and expecting different results.

It's time we do something different if we don't want the same results we're getting.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As of March 2005, more than $60 billion had been pledged or made available from U.S. appropriations, Iraqi resources, and international sources for Iraq’s reconstruction and government operations. Of this amount, the United States provided about $24 billion from fiscal year 2003 through 2005, largely for reconstruction activities in security and essential services. As of March 2005, about $18 billion of this amount provided by the United States had been obligated and about $9 billion disbursed for activities including infrastructure repair of the electricity and oil sectors; infrastructure repair, training, and equipping of the security and law enforcement sector; and CPA and U.S. administrative expenses. Over the course of the reconstruction effort, this funding has been realigned several times from large-scale infrastructure projects in electricity and water to meet immediate needs in security and economic development and to fund smaller, more visible reconstruction projects. Since July 2004, the United States has reportedly reallocated about $4.7 billion of the $18.4 billion fiscal year 2004 emergency supplemental among the various sectors, as priorities have changed. Iraqi revenues and assets—which totaled about $23 billion in cumulative deposits from May 2003 through June 2004—have largely funded Iraqi government operations. A smaller portion of these funds, approximately $7 billion, was allocated for relief and reconstruction projects, primarily for the import of refined fuel products, security, regional.

Now thats ALOT of Billions of Dollars of American Citizens Taxpayers Money.

Where did it go?

Because Iraq Sure does not look like it is any Rebuilt or Reconstructed.

Oil - according to GAO, oil production and export levels have actually dropped below pre-war levels

Electricity - GAO reports, however, that electricity production was lower in May 2005 than in March 2003

Water and Sanitation - not really known

Health - GAO found that there has been some progress in this sector, particularly with respect to immunizations. Whoa! At least SOME Progress somewhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
it's not like they have blown up $24 BILLION worth of infrastructure, that's not a plausible statement.

wonder if news like this would get covered by any major media outlet, since what i've been hearing lately is that we are progressing over there by leaps and bounds and how much greater times are since we've been there. this completely throws all those statements off.

but then again, what can you expect from an unjust war?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Its pretty simple, and Delta has hit the nail on the head. Its 100% the insurgents fault. If it wasnt for the insurgency all this effort, time and money could have been spent, like planned, on rebuilding. Not fighting.

Good find Ben, its nice to see you exposing the insurgency for what it really is, troublesom and keeping the Iraqi's from the life they deserve. Maybe if the coalition and the Iraqis can stomp out these criminals Iraq can prosper.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Its pretty simple, and Delta has hit the nail on the head. Its 100% the insurgents fault. If it wasnt for the insurgency all this effort, time and money could have been spent, like planned, on rebuilding. Not fighting.

You don't think the NUMEROUS Corruptions in the War Corporations, or should I say among the War Profiteers, have Anything to do with that Money Dissapearing? Just Halliburton has stolen so much money on Frauds and Corruptions that it should made YOU, as an American Citizen, Sick. But it doesnt. Apparently everything your country do is HOLY and BLESSED - and everything that goes wrong is the fault of Muslim Terrorists these days!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Apparently everything your country do is HOLY and BLESSED - and everything that goes wrong is the fault of Muslim Terrorists these days!

I knew you would come around Souljah!! Welcome to the club!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Apparently everything your country do is HOLY and BLESSED - and everything that goes wrong is the fault of Muslim Terrorists these days!

I knew you would come around Souljah!! Welcome to the club!!!

I am always Happy to Join a Club!

WoW! I see I have Earned a Special Place in your Heart by Entering your Signature Area.

Thanks!

I guess....

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yall two should take this act on the road.....LOL

You are both so alike its amazing.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Yall two should take this act on the road.....LOL

You are both so alike its amazing.

Alike, yet 100% opposite. That make sense?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

even their av's are each other's ying/yang

it's pretty naive to blame it all on insurgents. maybe if we had more 'news' coverage over there we would have a better perspective of what was going on and where the money was going to.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Alike, yet 100% opposite. That make sense?

Alike yet 100% the same is closer to the truth.

Both of you look at the world through blinders which leave you both COMPLETELY BIASED and totally incapable of admiting to any wrong your side might have commited.

The world is not black and white and neither of you are able to understand this.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Both of you look at the world through blinders which leave you both COMPLETELY BIASED and totally incapable of admiting to any wrong your side might have commited.

The world is not black and white and neither of you are able to understand this.

Actually Amuk, you couldn’t be further from the truth. In real life I am surprisingly liberal. I am a huge Bush OPPOSER in fact. But to read about how much the USA sucks all day long here on ATS by non Americans, I find myself doing everything I can to defend it, even taking a blind eye to other important views and opinions I would otherwise share.

I would bet that Souljah doesn’t believe everything he posts either, but he is trying to make his point as well.

Actually Amuk, its YOU who seem to be blind, as you are unable to see through me and Soul and what we are trying to do. We are trying to make points and use strong opinions to do so, even unpopular ones.

After all: You can’t reach the blind using subtlety.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I would bet that Souljah doesn’t believe everything he posts either, but he is trying to make his point as well.

So you are saying that neither of you really believe the things you are posting? Then what is the point of posting a bunch of crap you dont really believe in? Its OK though most of the rest of us dont believe what either of you post either

Actually Amuk, its YOU who seem to be blind, as you are unable to see through me and Soul and what we are trying to do.

No but I did have to get some glasses a while back......LOL

No I do see what you both are doing, baiting each other and others. You admit yourself you dont even believe what YOU post. Subtlety doesn't work on the blind but lies do?

yall can go on back with your comedy act now.....LOL

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Actually Amuk, its YOU who seem to be blind, as you are unable to see through me and Soul and what we are trying to do. We are trying to make points and use strong opinions to do so, even unpopular ones.

After all: You can’t reach the blind using subtlety.

The thing is you are teaching nothing. No one is listening. Amuk isn't blind, he's seeing this forum being used by, in this case, by two propagandists. Prop. isn't hard to see. Although here there is also a stench.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No I do see what you both are doing, baiting each other and others. You admit yourself you dont even believe what YOU post. Subtlety doesn't work on the blind but lies do?

*sigh*

I have learned enough from this last response from you that I see its pointless for me to continue. Read into that however you see fit.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

The thing is you are teaching nothing. No one is listening. Amuk isn't blind, he's seeing this forum being used by, in this case, by two propagandists. Prop. isn't hard to see. Although here there is also a stench.

Hey dont worry about it, i see the light. I choose not to have this debate with two modertors with agendas. Im off the topic.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hey dont worry about it, i see the light. I choose not to have this debate with two modertors with agendas. Im off the topic.

I have to ask........what agenda?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

How childish. Our agenda's? It's your own words that sunk your arguement, not any non-existing agenda we have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join