It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS's Offical Transformers The Movie Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Okay, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I finally saw it last night. I really enjoyed it! I agree that the fight scenes were very confusing, and I had some issues with the logistics of having an autobot like Jazz, named Jazz. (Notice the only "black" transformer had to die at the end?)

Still fun to watch, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You only assume he was black. I thought he was a white Transformer that just talked black. Yo VIP......let's kick it!

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
You only assume he was black. I thought he was a white Transformer that just talked black. Yo VIP......let's kick it!

Peace

Well, thinking back on it, if they developed their personalities based on observation of Earth culture, and Jazz chose to be black, then now he knows what it's really like to be the black character in an Earth movie (dead at the end).

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
For those interested, Joost just added The Transformers channel. It's got a bunch of the Generation 1 episodes, including the 2 part pilot.

If you want an invite to Joost let me know.

And for those on the Prime "9/11 Lets Roll" conspiracy...put it to rest. Prime says "lets roll" the first time they do the Autobot roll call and head off the crush some Decepticon scum.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just saw it again today xD oh my god I still get the chills when Optimus rolls in for his first transformation

This movie really to me back to relive childhood dreams and hopes.

Did you guys see that Transformers 2 has been announced with an arrival in 2009! What to do the next two years.... what to do

Only thing that really got to me is the changes :S Frenzy instead of Soundwave, Tank reporting in as Devastator when we all know he was made up of 5 Construticons, amongst them Bonecrusher who Prime dealt with and I think they messed up a few of the vehicles too. Actually it was stated somewhere that the Tank was really Brawl, but why then not change the subs?

Apparently commercial enterprise rules above being true to the story. What will the next be... Optimus don't die or something like that?

But in all... great movie

[edit on 17/7/07 by flice]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

And for those on the Prime "9/11 Lets Roll" conspiracy...put it to rest. Prime says "lets roll" the first time they do the Autobot roll call and head off the crush some Decepticon scum.

"Autobots, roll out" comes right from the old cartoon series. There's no conspiracy here....

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes Gaz, you're right, I just found it funny how not once in the movie Optimus says "roll out", or "let's roll out", or "transform and roll out". He just said "let's roll" every time. Most believe it to be just a coincidence, but not me.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What does "9/11 Lets roll" mean anyway? It doesn't make any sense!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

"Autobots, roll out" comes right from the old cartoon series. There's no conspiracy here....

Yeah, I know. However, someone tried to push the idea that "the Autobots run with the flight 93 slogan "Let's roll"."

The argument was that:

NWO shill Steven Speilberg is involved in another movie where 9/11 comes in to play in a back-handed sort of way. I guess the NWO really needs to make sure they get the little kiddies indoctrinated into the whole terrorism thing....

...if my memory serves me correct, OP always said "Autobots......transform and roll out!".

I just wanted to point out that he specifically just says "Lets roll" in the cartoon, and that nothing was intentionally left out in the live action movie. Now that I've seen more episodes I realize he said "lets roll" quite a bit, in addition to "roll out" and "transform and roll out."

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't understand your question Ras.

It's the connection to 9/11 that I was pointing out.

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
9/11 connections aside, woah! the movie did not dissappoint, the shiver I got when I witnessed the first transform of the movie was immense, and after that the movie just got better & better, shia Lebeaouf was funny aswell as the tranformers and done it without being cheesy!

Jazz getting torn apart was a shame cause he was a cool looking car but hey sh!t happens.

PS

Cant wait till number 2 comes out, Meanwhile till then Im away for some "Happy time".

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
9/11 connections aside, woah! the movie did not dissappoint, the shiver I got when I witnessed the first transform of the movie was immense, and after that the movie just got better & better, shia Lebeaouf was funny aswell as the tranformers and done it without being cheesy!

Jazz getting torn apart was a shame cause he was a cool looking car but hey sh!t happens.

PS

Cant wait till number 2 comes out, Meanwhile till then Im away for some "Happy time".

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just got back from the cinema a few hours ago , and I loved this film , I thought it was outstanding , the effects were brilliant the action was fantastic , it was epic .......... I do however agree with a previous poster that some of the fight scenes were a little confusing , the missus was a little bored but even she got in to it in the end.

I would say that this is the best film I have seen for a long long time , although this summer looks to be probably the best ever for film quality, there are alot more trips to the cinema planned in the next month , but the films will have to go some to beat this for enjoyment.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I thought it was full of clichés, had a #ty storyline, horrible text lines and the action scenes didn't make up for it.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Went to see it again was good. my mate didnt enjoy the Transformers so much but he thought it was funny, I enjoyed it again second time but the first hit is always the best, the absence of atmosphere (cinema was practicaly empty) second time coupled with the fact that I could hear the kid behind me laughing at everything a kid laughs at.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by marcopolo]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It only started here 2 days ago. ORE-SOOM.

It had me regressing 20 years and being back in my junior school playground, great.

Completely loved it!

Seriously reconsidering a previous idea I once had of getting an Autobot tatto on my right tit!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join