It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Threatens to Restart Nuke Activities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Iran Threatens to Restart Nuke Activities

TEHRAN, Iran Aug 1, 2005 — Iranian technicians will break U.N. seals on the Isfahan nuclear plant on Monday, allowing uranium processing to resume, a spokesman for Iran's Supreme National Security Council said.

Link to the article: www.bbc.co.uk...://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?z362645735&z=50237904

"Iran Threatens to Restart Nuke Activities". So what? Germany is not afraid of them. The US and France are not afraid of them, either.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
Germany is not afraid of them. The US and France are not afraid of them, either.

How come the European Union is involved then? Thats the only reason the UK has been involved because we are a member state, just like good old Germany and France. If i recall, the EU doesn't mind if Iran builds peaceful nulcear energy.

oh, btw, why did you redirect the link? another little dig at the UK?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Of course they're going to step up the rhetoric..wouldn't anyone given the conditions? "Youre telling me I can't, Im saying I can...youre not giving me a good reason NOT to, so why shouldnt I?" If Iran is truly only developing nuclear technology for peaceful purpose (which to this point no one can prove otherwise), then, of course, they have every right to pursue such technology. Frankly, I would be disappointed if everyone bowed down to the (seemingly) U.S. desire for dominance ... Yes, im American and LOVE this country and its people I would love to categorize the political agenda as being administered by "the people" but in my opinion, it no longer is. We have conspiracys, we have misinformation, we have no real cognizance of what the government is doing all being cloaked by the "in the name of national security". If national security was such a concern, and we all felt SO secure by the need to cloak things, why would a forum like this exist in the first place? I contend that in fact the majority feel very INsecure, the most vociferous being us that post here. However, now that the mechanism is in place because we ALLOWED them to keep us at bay with misinformation, how is it we could change that? Its impossible. So will we ever really know whats going on in Iran? doubtful. Will we force Iran into a situation? Probably. Will it have negative impact? Sure. Will we be able to prevent it? Not a chance..because we are limited by our own ignorance, that by us the people, not taking a more active role in whats TRULY going on for the good of ALL of us.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by alphabetaone]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is no such thing as developing Nukes for peaceful puroses when it comes to radical rogue nations such as N. Korea, Iran or Libya. I was glad to see Col Kadaafy cooperating with the AEC. Peaceful Nukes on paper sounds good; but in a real environment whose going to watch what they do with the radioactive material?

Answer: just another way for terrorist to produce enough material to explode a dirty in London, NY or DC.

Since we have proof N Korea is developing and selling missiles and nuclear technology to those with enough money to afford the toys, the rest of the world should ask him nicely to stop. When he doesn't, which is what will happen, make a North Korean Canal across the land from one shore to the other using MIRVs. Otherwise, we will be facing and cleaning up the dirty end of his production somewhere else in some part of the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't wait till Russi sells Iran nuclear secrets, we find out, decide to invade, have China invade Tawain, North Korea runs across the 38th parallel, the draft is reinstated and I can finally serve...yeeeaaaa...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josekinuc
There is no such thing as developing Nukes for peaceful puroses when it comes to radical rogue nations such as N. Korea, Iran or Libya. I was glad to see Col Kadaafy cooperating with the AEC. Peaceful Nukes on paper sounds good; but in a real environment whose going to watch what they do with the radioactive material?

Who said they are making nukes?

They are producing uranium ore which can be burnt in nuclear power stations to provide power.

However uranium ore can be enriched to weapons grade for use with "nukes"

Theres no mention of them building peaceful nukes, just using uranium ore for peacful use.

I can see this being the straw that breaks the camels back to be honest, the US will somehow manage to produce a good enough reason to invade Iran next, regardless of UN involvment as per Iraq, i personally wouldnt want the UK to get involved if that should arise as we've learnt our lesson.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Iran’s nuclear programme has been peaceful for the majority of its existence. We don’t know if or when this has come to an end. But a blind man could see that the U.S is clearly in war mode again.
It’s even talking of withdrawing more troops from Iraq when there are more attacks now than at any previous point (so much for "getting the job done"!!)
Meanwhile the Whitehouse is gradually pushing Iran further up the agenda. Now in his axis of evil address bush said: Iraq, Iran, Syria and North Korea. So with Iraq out the way surely Iran would be next logical step given that the two countries share the same border?
Fortunately nobody has ever been stupid enough to invade a nuclear power. Maybe the U.S will be the first? But in ether case if I were Iran I would get my nuclear act together. Of course this will mean sanctions. But if Iran can learn anything from Iraq, will it really be duped into unilaterally disarming only to still be stuck with sanctions, and an invasion on its hands?

new topics

top topics

join