It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whew !! We are all safe now. Denmark has expressed "concern" over Iran's nuclear program...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What i find a bit odd about this, is that no Danish newspaper nor TV station reported this. There was a story running last week about the Canadian Dispute with Denmark about the claims of an island named Hans island. That story was all over the news here in Denmark:
www.dr.dk...
and domestic:
news.bbc.co.uk...

If you take a look at the island:
en.wikipedia.org...
I find it odd again to even argue about this, and then plaster it all over the news... unless its filled with uranium ore or simething?

I did find the pressrelease at the Danish foreign ministry, and then ofcourse the article posted here. So the news is there, but no-one reported it. I wonder why?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, It's all about good old Oil and minerals. Some say hydrogen too. Americas Oil companies want a piece of the action.

Yeah! Give us support and we'll calm down Canadians.

Ok. I going now to Hans Island to Oil myself up with some burried whisky.

Here are some links.

Hans Island 1

Neither Canada nor Greenland can claim Hans Island on the basis of historical occupation. The island was named during the American Polaris Expedition led by Charles Francis Hall, between 1871 and 1873. That expedition, an attempt to reach the North Pole, had its base on the Greenland coast at Thank God Harbor.

Hans Island 2

U.S. oil interests figure there could be up to 20 billion barrels of oil available– more than in ANWR.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by yanchek]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Irans nuke interesting isnt the US. Its protection, if not war with Israel.

People have to be more realistic. NK doesn't want to nuke the South nor the US. Its Nuclear development is for attention, basicly a cry for help (ahem starvation from the "almighty" Kim Jong Il.) They need a boosting economy, with workers that actually can work for days without dieing from hunger.

Im sure the North has ideas for war or a united communist Korea, but they should know that any attempt with invasion would be devastating to their country. South Korea has a larger and more powerful military than the North, and it has more allies.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Let's not dismiss Denmarks' stance on this. These are the same people that put the Star of David on when the Nazi's tried rounding up all the Jews in Denmark during WWII. The Nazis found it quite difficult to imprison the whole country during the war and they(the Danes) were a vital access point for resistance fighters being sent into Germany. I also have some Danish blood and I am rather fond of the last of the Vikings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join