It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOTICE: Servers, upgrades, and changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Over the next 1-2 weeks, the new servers will be tested and cut-over to live hosting of the discussion boards @ ATS. Many of the site upgrades (points system revamp, member PodCasts, and ATSNN redesigns) are likely not to launch until after the new servers come online and all is working well.

If all goes well, we may be on the new server cluster by this weekend. The new machines are currently in the hands of our provider and being provisioned to our specifications.

This thread will be updated with information on the change as it's available. We hope to have a minimal-impact cut-over with a maximum of 3 hours downtime (it takes a while to copy and test a 2 gigabyte database).

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'll be gone for the next couple weeks. I can't wait to see the improvements when I get back.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Woohoo!

Can't wait!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Good luck!

I wouldn't like to be on your shoes

Hope it all goes smoothly

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Good Luck SO!!!!

Hope everythign works out fine. I can't wait to see the new revamped ATS!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
WOOT!

Can't wait to see the new improvements... good to see that things are coming quickly. The downtime is a small price to pay for the goodies we will be getting after the move has been made.

I'm thinking that maybe... version numbers may rise after the move and the other features are implemented. The next month of ATS is sure to be an exciting time.... it's also getting close to my 2nd ATS anniversary

What a great way for it to happen!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This place is truly cutting edge.

Cant wait to see the speed.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Can't wait to see the thread updates.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If some or all of ATS has to be off-line for a few hours while the switch over takes place it will only make us want it that much more.

The expression " absence makes the heart grow fonder" comes to mind.

I look forward to the improvements and I know all members will understand any downtime or interuptions necessary during the switch and debug.

Here we grow again.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is good news. I'm a little skeptical of server changes going well. It seems there are always problems of some sort. Here's to all going well:

[edit on 2005/8/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I believe this time, ATS will be "read only" for about 2-3 hours while the database moves over and is settled in.

I should get access to the machines later this evening.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I believe this time, ATS will be "read only" for about 2-3 hours while the database moves over and is settled in.

Read-only is a LOT less better than downtime. That'd be cool if downtime was available... it's like ATS is frozen in time
...or something.

Don't bother with me. I'm bored on this Monday night.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Awesome work Skeptic. I cannot wait to hear how this all works out. I won't be on much at all this weekend (local festival I need to attend
Yay!), but I'm sure I'll be able to spare a few minutes to check up on ATS. Anyhow good luck on all your hardwork SO.

top topics

join