It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient nuclear blasts and levitating stones of Shivapur

page: 1

join
share:
VDS

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This post has been quoted from english.pravda.ru...

"The archaeological expedition, which carried out excavations near the Indian settlement of Mohenjo-Daro in the beginning of the 1900s, uncovered the ruins of a big ancient town. The town belonged to one of the most developed civilizations in the world. According to scientific analysis the catastrophe in the town had occurred very unexpectedly and it did hot last long.

Scientists Davneport stated the ancient town had been ruined with a nuclear blast. They found big stratums of clay and green glass. Apparently, archaeologists supposed, high temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.

This topic has been flogged to death, but some of the points mentioned in this article were new to me at least, hence needing a fresh look on it.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by VDS]

[edit on 1-8-2005 by VDS]

(mod edit to reduce copy paste post. Please follow link provided for complete article)

[edit on 1-8-2005 by pantha]

VDS

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Unfortunately the part of the post which is NEW to me, and hence my reason for posting this in the first placee have been edited out by a mod.

Anyways here it is from english.pravda.ru...

Astounding mysteries of India's ancient times can be found in the town of Shivapur. There are two enigmatic stones resting opposite the local shrine. One of them weighs 55 kilograms, the other one is 41 kilograms. If eleven men touch the bigger stone, and nine men touch the smaller stone, if they all chant the magic phrase, which is carved on one of the walls of the shrine, the two stones will raise two meters up in the air and will hang there for two seconds, as if there is no gravitation at all. A lot of European and Asian scientists and researchers have studied the phenomenon of levitating stones of Shivapur

Not sure what to make of this as truth or another tall tale?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

high temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.

Do they have evidence that only nuclear explosions can create that? Its much more likely this was caused by vulcanic activity or a meteorite impact.

The levitating stone is interesting, though, it doesn't seem to be a hoax: www.margaretdeefholts.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Pravda is a tabloid.

As a news source, they're about as reliable as The Onion or Weekly World News. I keep expecting Pravda to report that BatBoy's Evil Twin Brother is now disguised as Carl Rove and is secretly running America.

Their photos are also doctored, btw, in true tabloid fashion.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just an FYI...
the only explanation i have ever heard for the green glass is a natural and rare reaction where naturally occuring nuclear material was of high enough grade to cause a sustained reaction...

there are other examples of so called "natural made nuclear reactors"
mainly in Gabon... I beleive they are know as Oklo reactors... and seem to only occur in areas that contain very pure uranium...

In case you haven't seen the previous threads, here is a great article that sums up the facts...
Oklo natural reactors

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Just an FYI...
the only explanation i have ever heard for the green glass is a natural and rare reaction where naturally occuring nuclear material was of high enough grade to cause a sustained reaction...

Actually, it's also found in some deserts. The Sahara, for one, which isn't radioactive. I thought it was also found in tektites (tectites?) but I could be mistaken.

there are other examples of so called "natural made nuclear reactors"
mainly in Gabon... I beleive they are know as Oklo reactors... and seem to only occur in areas that contain very pure uranium...

That's so weird. But I found other articles about it.

The levitating stone is true. Someone here has seen it. But it's something you can actually do (lift a person or other heavy object) with your fingers if you get enough people doing the lifting.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Their photos are also doctored, btw, in true tabloid fashion.

Sounds like NASA Mars pictures

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
not sure what to make of the levitating stones, jsut one of those mysteries probably, i can't see it being people lifting it with fingers, the scientists probably would have picked up on that. and it does say floating.

According to the pictures (granted it is a tabloid) the rock isn't touching the fingers, they just seem to point at it.

The Nuclear blast however, couldn't be volcanic, as the town would be encased in the set molten rock.. think pompeii, just not as bad. chances are, it was a small asteroid. Asteroids that are big enough can cause a "nuclear" winter, so one of smaller size will give off a lot of heat but on a smaller scale.

However, where's the crater? it's extremely unlikely they had nuclear weapons then, i know ancient civs were advanced but i think that's pushing its luck! it was possibly one of those (oklo) reactors or something. if not them, then well, only the dead now know...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Pravda is a tabloid.

This is something of an understatement. There's a reason I wince every time I see it quoted as a definitive source here or elsewhere.

The name "Pravda" means, roughly, Truth. There is, however, a saying going back to the days when the newspaper was a mouthpiece for the Soviet party: There is no truth in Pravda.

While it's not trumpeting Party propaganda anymore, the statement holds true today.

Wig

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longy4evaAccording to the pictures (granted it is a tabloid) the rock isn't touching the fingers, they just seem to point at it.

It seems clear to me that they have lifted it and thrown it up into the sky.

This doesn't seem that fantastic, 70 kgs / 11 men = 6.3kgs each ? approx

I can lift 6.3kg with my finger so this is the simple explanation. Why it doesn't work with other criteria....because the men don't want it to work with other criteria.

Add to this the power of mind over body, if they believe it will work it will, if they think it can't be done it will be harder for them to do it. Just like lifting a person on a chair with fingers. The bit of concentration with hands pushing down on the head helps the lifters to believe it will work.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The are some places in india that experienced nuclear blasts in ancient times. The areas are still very radioactive, and the local myths and lore describe a nuclear holocaust in great detail. I assume this has already been discussed here? or do I assume wrong...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zion Mainframe

I watched that video and nothing levitated. The group of men lifted it with their fingers and then dropped it.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The green glass could be due to volcanic eruptions in the past, Krakatoa and the Lake Toba Eruption (75,000 ybp) specifically.

I'm sure the "levitating stone" is just 11 men lifting the weight with their fingers, not aware how little effort it would actually take. Kids play a similar game, one child lays flat on their back, and the other kids gather around and chant some nonsense, then slide just one finger under their playmate before "magically" lifting their friend into the air.

top topics

join