It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost time , I think Iv just had it !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hello

The clock was 11.00 pm when I sat here on my computer , I went to take a siggarete and the clock was 11.15 .

30 Minutes later 11.30 I took another smoke with my brother.

After about 15 minutes I sat in the sofa and suddenly without sleep or watching tv for longer than 1 min my brother lighten a new sigarette and I thought , why in the world are you going to take a sigarette 1 min after your first one.

When I notice the clock was 12.30 pm I got a shock.

Is this lost time peoples have been talking about ?

This is really freaking me out

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
how strange!!!

I live in the NW UK and last night my clock moved forward an hour - its a radio digital clock plugged into the mains.

I jumped up out of bed this morning thinking it was 8.30am ran down stairs and looked at the wall mounted clock and it was showing 7.30am.

To change the hour digit you have to press 2 buttons in simultaneously, so it wasn't done accidentally. I think it may be down to a surge in the national grid.

EDIT - To add to this I did see a white flash in my bedroom in the proximity of the clock last night and my bedroom is heavily curtained and there is no other light sources.....spooky.

Spacemunkey

[edit on 1-8-2005 by spacemunkey]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
all my clocks where exactly the same , my mobile watch , my old clock on the wall , the computer clock and the tv clock + my handwatch.

It just seams so strange

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
care to share some of it with me, I'm probably gonna have to go on a pretty long road trip in a week or so, and well......I really would like to cut the time on the road down about five hours!!!

I had an interesting experience with this quirk of nature a few years ago. A friend and I were going to a city that is about an hour away for an doctor's appt she had. Well, we overshot the city by a pretty significant distance on the way up...(still made it to the apt on time), but thought we were just not paying attention. But, on the way home, well, we overshot it again, and ended up going at least twice as far as we had to, then when we discovered where we were, we turned around and headed home! Crossed a bridge niether of us had noticed on the way there and well, still made it home in earlier than we originally thought we would!! Then a few days later, we learned that a crop circle was found in the area we ended up in.

Such a quirk in nature could be quite useful, if we could ever learn to control just how it works.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Jenny Randels wrote a book called "Time Storms"
In it she describes many instances of what you both experienced.

Apparently "time" isn't linear. Time is more like a weather system with anomilies where time can speed up or slow down; like the wind.

It's a facinating book as are many of her writings.

Personally I have experienced a few time distortions and I always attribitited to eating bad tofu. Maybe not,huh.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The 11 to 11:15 seems like a reasonable amount of time to pass for no apparent reason, but when it gets to be hours disappearing it is a little more worrisome. I often get this lost time, but it is when I get really caught up in something or I am enjoying my time. If I think hard enough, I can figure out what took up all the time though.
Maybe you should check what you were smoking and make sure it was only tobacco

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Did the weather go strange?
I grew up on a farm and would cover huge areas of country side on my travels. Both me and my sister experienced time slips and but it was very rare. On my only occassion there was this huge "tropical" storm that came out of nowhere, lasted ten minutes and finished within 10 seconds-60.
Makes sence really because you would of thought there would be a difference between air pressures of two different zones. Did something like this happen to you?
There might have been another occasion without weather effects. I saw daylight in the woods at night, don't know about this occasion though. I was scared and did'nt investigate, and it was mighty cold!!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I had this thought the other day:

It takes the planet 24 hours to circle the sun. But if the planet were to get a little closer to the sun it would take it alot less time(?) to complete the same circulation.

I think time or notion of time is mental. Not environmental. And if its mental, then why are so many people losing their notion of time lately ?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
The 11 to 11:15 seems like a reasonable amount of time to pass for no apparent reason, but when it gets to be hours disappearing it is a little more worrisome. I often get this lost time, but it is when I get really caught up in something or I am enjoying my time. If I think hard enough, I can figure out what took up all the time though.
Maybe you should check what you were smoking and make sure it was only tobacco

Those 15 minutes where not lost time

I was aware of those 15 minutes , but when an whole hour disappere without me even watching tv for 1 min it gets pretty strange

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Today I lost about 20 minutes. I can't remember what happaned but I know that 20 minutes had some how went blank or never happaned.

top topics

join