It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It takes intelligent life to detect intelligent life.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If most of our high paid scientist are running around telling people that we are it than what can the average person think?

Our universities are cranking out people who believe as they did hundreds of years ago---that earth is the center of the universe. That life is some great coincident that just happened----and we earthlings are the lucky ones who inhabit a desolate universe of trillions of galaxies----with each galaxy harboring billions of star systems similar to ours----except they are all void of intelligent life.

And these people believe themselves intelligent and sane.

It’s not those that see little green men that need psychiatric help, but those that believe we are it.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by sleeper]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I hate the term "little green men" Why do they still use that term? Hasn't anyone told them that aliens are mostly grey?

Get a clue media!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One has to question his or her place in this world before we can judge others.Our scientists, seem to lead us in the direction of their own mind set.My question to that scientist is our intelligence limited to our belief system?

TPL

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think many scientists believe there's life in the rest of the universe, many however would say the chances of life from Earth meeting life from out there any time soon are remote.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I said it in other threads and Ill say it again...People are so dazzled by the numbers of planets out there that they forget just how weird life is. One-celled organisms coming to life from dust and water is stranger than the universe is big (if that made sense). Even on this planet, where we certainly have all requirements for life, it appears to have happened only once. People act like life is a simple chemical reaction that can take place anywhere you have the proper ingredients. To me that is insane.

Sure, it could have happened elsewhere. But it wouldnt surprise me if it didn't.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by jacquio999]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
I think many scientists believe there's life in the rest of the universe, many however would say the chances of life from Earth meeting life from out there any time soon are remote.

Many of us know differently, life from out there is here, been here for sometime and they regularly come and go.

Go to a city like Chicago----how many believe that the city is bustling only with Chicagoans? People from every nation, every state and some places far far from earth are in that city and many other cities.

Plenty of scientists know because they deal with them incognito----they can't tell the world but some of us can leak that information.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Are you an alien or a scientist?

If a scientist, what university did you graduate from?
If an alien, what planet do you come from?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacquio999
I said it in other threads and Ill say it again...People are so dazzled by the numbers of planets out there that they forget just how weird life is. One-celled organisms coming to life from dust and water is stranger than the universe is big (if that made sense). Even on this planet, where we certainly have all requirements for life, it appears to have happened only once. People act like life is a simple chemical reaction that can take place anywhere you have the proper ingredients. To me that is insane.

Sure, it could have happened elsewhere. But it wouldnt surprise me if it didn't.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by jacquio999]

Only sh-t happens, life is another matter and it didn't just "happen"----all planets with life are seeded with that life----surprise!

I am not religious----just someone that knows the truth and am trying to tell some of it.

There are billions of planets just like earth with real people----at various stages of technological know how.

They don't teach wisdom in schools neither do they teach the truth.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
There are billions of planets just like earth with real people----at various stages of technological know how.

I am curious though now, would you mind sharing how you know this?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Our universities are cranking out people who believe as they did hundreds of years ago---that earth is the center of the universe. That life is some great coincident that just happened

[edit on 31-7-2005 by sleeper]

What universities might these be? I disagree, I think now more than ever the human race is searching for answers, sure there are some who are counterproductive to advancement in any form (scientifically, socially, etc...) but overall we will continue to look at the universe with more scrutiny and sorry to throw this kinda cliche line but, deny ignorance.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Distortion]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh good grief. It does not take intelligent life to detect intelligent life.

If I pick up a worm, that worm does not need to be intelligent to know its in my hand. It struggles to get free.

If I poke at a frog, it does not have to be intelligent to jump away. Yet it knows i'm there.

Intelligence is not a perequisite for survival.

I see the argument that your trying to make, but your argument is seriously flawed. I think you should re-think it and try again.

Love and light my friend,

Wupy

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

I am curious though now, would you mind sharing how you know this?

Well I could tell you about Chicago, Rome, Paris and a few other fantastic cities, and I suppose I could show you pictures---pictures wouldn’t do justice and they could be fake.

Or I could take you there and show you----after all that would be the only way you might believe.

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of connection, besides if I took you and you came back and told everyone what you saw they would say you were crazy----so you would have to take them----and on and on.

There are six billion people on this planet----what if they all want to go and see?

Aliens are not going to show themselves to the general public----that would clear all this confusion up----apparently they don't want to do that just yet.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distortion

What universities might these be? I disagree, I think now more than ever the human race is searching for answers, sure there are some who are counterproductive to advancement in any form (scientifically, socially, etc...) but overall we will continue to look at the universe with more scrutiny and sorry to throw this kinda cliche line but, deny ignorance.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Distortion]

Those that teach Darwinism-----I think that is most Universities.

Looking for answers while condemning those with the answers like Galileo is pretty much the norm even today.

Anyone who dares talk about extraterrestrials is instantly labeled a pariah in our modern day society----even thought we have been desensitized somewhat by years of Hollywood space movies.

The scientific community is first to condemn ufology-----while embracing the absurd notion that we are the only intelligent life form in the universe----until further notice by them.

Is that what is called “searching”?

BTW I have denied ignorance----when will the scientific community?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Oh good grief. It does not take intelligent life to detect intelligent life.

If I pick up a worm, that worm does not need to be intelligent to know its in my hand. It struggles to get free.

If I poke at a frog, it does not have to be intelligent to jump away. Yet it knows i'm there.

Intelligence is not a perequisite for survival.

I see the argument that your trying to make, but your argument is seriously flawed. I think you should re-think it and try again.

Love and light my friend,

Wupy

You may be right, the worm and frog may in some way be equal to mankind, at least concerning intelligence.

The frog and the worm like many humans probably think---assuming they can think----that they are the only pond with frogs and the only patch of dirt with worms on this planet.

Because the frogs and worms from China and France and Italy and all those other places have not come to visit them in their pond or patch of dirt---there is no proof that they exist, would they know if they did visit?

Love and light to you too my friend!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sleeper has MORE than got it right...

From my brief sojourn here, Deny Ignorance, just isn't, and simply will never be, happening here.

We seem to have 6 1/2 billion individual centers of the universe... and Ignorance... well, that seems to be the work product of 'idiots'! Right? But the 'idiots'... It's never us. No, it's always those 'other guys'... Over there!

(point your arm wildly, in all different directions
).

It's probably just me, but I think a better motto might be something like Embrace (Your) Ignorance!

Cuz quite frankly, telling yourself things like... We are alone. We are a (wonderous, unique) accident. We are the dominant lifeform. We ARE intelligent...

Well, it's never fostered the need to really do anything... but maintain the status quo.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You may be right, the worm and frog may in some way be equal to mankind, at least concerning intelligence.

The frog and the worm like many humans probably think---assuming they can think----that they are the only pond with frogs and the only patch of dirt with worms on this planet.

Because the frogs and worms from China and France and Italy and all those other places have not come to visit them in their pond or patch of dirt---there is no proof that they exist, would they know if they did visit?

This whole analogy doens't work. Why? Because frogs and worms, are not actively searching for signs of life elsewhere. Humans are. The scientific community may not be bold enough (or even allowed) to say that we are being "visited" currently, but it is more commonly accepted that life is in existence throughout this universe. Hell, we are spending billions on Mars projects trying to find a few peices of bacteria just to prove it. Now, there may be those in the scientific community who will always oppose the idea of ET existence. But can you blame them? I mean it's not like we have ET making press conferences every other day. Scientist use hard data to come up with their conclusions. Without hard data, all you have is theories. Now, does that mean there are not those in the scientific community that have this hard data and are being forced to suppress it? I'd say yes. But can you fault those who do not have access to it?

It just burns me when people rip apart the scientific community, just because they aren't publishing articles in Science Journals about the "reptilian agenda"
It is not the scientific community that is holding back those who study the ufo/alien phenomenon. It's the nutcases within ufo community that make outlandish claims filled with spirituality and empty promises that give us a bad name.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It takes intelligent life to detect intelligent life

which is exactly why we havent ound any yet. (outside of our own planet. that is.)

[edit on 1/8/2005 by Kitsunegari]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Scientists believe overwhelmingly that it is possible that life exists. That is not a yes or a no. They've seen only evidence that it doesn't exist, but none to say that it definitively doesn't. The UFO "evidence" for the most part doesn't do it for them, and so they say that, thus far, there is no evidence of life outside of Earth.

Now, I ask, other than the fancy equipment and government issued budgets, what have they got that you don't or couldn't have? Why does it concern you so much what they think, as long as you know you're right? Why don't you convince them that you're right?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, intellgient life certainly ain't in this thread. Sleeper is just making the usualy whinings about the scientific community you hear. First of all, he makes claims that the scientific communtiy does not believe in extraterrestrial life, which itself is a lie. Most people think, or at least hope, that other life exists in the unviverse. Perhaps even intelligent life.

Sleeper, have you ever heard of SETI? Or the Voyager disks? Or Exopolitics and xenopolitics? There is certainly a great deal of interest in alien life. Where you came to your conclusions I cannot fathom. You're just someone who wants to pretend he's superior to everyone else because he "knows the truth."

Now, if you want to post some facts and figures to support your accussations fo the beliefs of the scientific community, by all means do so. Otherwise, don't clog what could be a good discussion board with your complaining over nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Well, intellgient life certainly ain't in this thread. Sleeper is just making the usualy whinings about the scientific community you hear. First of all, he makes claims that the scientific communtiy does not believe in extraterrestrial life, which itself is a lie. Most people think, or at least hope, that other life exists in the unviverse. Perhaps even intelligent life.

Sleeper, have you ever heard of SETI? Or the Voyager disks? Or Exopolitics and xenopolitics? There is certainly a great deal of interest in alien life. Where you came to your conclusions I cannot fathom. You're just someone who wants to pretend he's superior to everyone else because he "knows the truth."

Now, if you want to post some facts and figures to support your accussations fo the beliefs of the scientific community, by all means do so. Otherwise, don't clog what could be a good discussion board with your complaining over nothing.

Huhummm...Read again:

It takes intelligent life to detect intelligent life...If most of our high paid scientist are running around telling people that we are it (that we are the only inteligent life in the universe) than what can the average person think?

Now on to SETI. It was Seth Shostak of the SETI Institute who noted:

"The bottom line is that the evidence for extraterrestrial visitors has not convinced many scientists. Very few academics are writing papers for refereed journals about alien craft or their occupants."

The same scientists who once thought there were only 9 planets in the solar system...now all of a sudden there are 10 planets? OK, ok…not so fast wabbit. Some in the human world eagerly await the decision by the International Astronomical Union on whether 2003 UB313 will be designated a planet. Still, humans are still forced to speculate what is happening outside fish tank Earth, and are just beginning to branch out with space probes going to nearby planets, most recently & notably to Mars in order to answer questions that cannot be answered in the confines of Earth itself, for ‘assumptions are the mother of all screw ups’ Case in point:

The basic requirements for life as scientists know it so fart are liquid water, organic compounds and an energy source for synthesizing complex organic molecules. Beyond these requirements, they do not yet understand the environmental and chemical evolution that leads to the origin of life and will not with an Earth- centered view of the universe!

If there is significant evidence that there is or once was life on Mars, will it open up the human mind to the possibilities of life and intelligent life on other planets?

I believe that sleeper is making the argument that humans are still trapped in fish tank earth & are limited in their ability(ies) to detect anything that exists beyond their senses & understanding. Let's face, so long as humans do not have access to total reality, they are limited in their knowledge of it (the totality of the universe), and are not in control of phenomena that purposely appear in our realm of experience.

There ‘is more’ than meets the mind in/outside the fish tank!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join