It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alex jones honorable?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
wingTV clearly has a smear campaign, admitted.

I do not endorse the campaign but take interest in some of the statements made therein.

All arguments aside, ladies and gentz -lets just sit back and ponder individualy what Alex Jones has done for you. Out of everyone here at ATS, he probably hasnt done much in all honesty. Most of everything the man has spoken on, we've already discovered ourselves. Not everything, he is unique to his bohemian grove stuff, but really all the man has done is packaged, quite well I might add, a solid education on the subjects. Bravo.

Forget Alex's capitalistic ways, so what right?

Those of you still championing him, do you think that he should be the iconic headfigure of this ~revolution~? Should he have the last word on everything? Should valuable information only be distributed by his tongue? Should there be a beaurocratic strategy bywhich we're gonna over come this... human spirit and the unique dynamic bla bla bla.

We're spirited up now, lets go fight this neworldorder and make America what it was once again.

Is that what you people see happening? I dont. I see more divisions of opinions. I see more squabbiling. Most of all, I see people anchoring in their trenches and picking sides.

In the end I see a leviathan, 1984, and atlantis sinking.

If the end result be a happy social reform or revolution, so be it. But i think it might be a bit bigger fight than that. History repeats. Doomsday prophesies annoy, sorry, but I am convinced there is little hope. Things will get worse before they get better. A lot worse.

And all of alex's rhetoric can nor will reverse Americas slippery slope. especially when he is combative in nature even with his allies.

In due time he will come to ATS. I know he promotes his videos, but how else will he get his message out to the people without promoting??? He wants us to wake up, know the truth, and start a revolution against our corrupt government. The only way this is possible is to spread the word!

He wont come to ATS because there isnt a solid party line here. Not everyone will nod their head in unison like his talk show. This 'spread the word stuff' is getting cliche' -whos word? alex's word? yeah, lets spread alex's words. But do your own research. Then what? Revolution? a handfull of naive alex worshippers starting little militias. getting themselves killed, and turning America into complete police state.

but yes, humanity will continue. god bless.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by lost]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I don't think this has been mentioned in this thread, but even in the movie that this thread is about, I don't really listen to AJ's opinion, but the statements, opinions and evidence presented throughout the film by others, give him an air of credibility in my mind.

I don't like his persona so much either. I feel like I should buy some Oxy-Clean, but I don't let that interfere with the subject matter.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
All arguments aside, ladies and gentz -lets just sit back and ponder individualy what Alex Jones has done for you. Out of everyone here at ATS, he probably hasnt done much in all honesty. Most of everything the man has spoken on, we've already discovered ourselves. Not everything, he is unique to his bohemian grove stuff, but really all the man has done is packaged, quite well I might add, a solid education on the subjects. Bravo.

You'd be surprised how much of the information posted on ATS is information that people found on prisonplanet and infowars. As for what has he done? He's woken up a considerably large portion of the population to some deadly important truths. Sure, he isn't the only source of information out there by any measure, but is that any reason to criticize him? Is his failure to become the be all and end all of conspiracy info a fault? I don't think so. He's getting the message out as best he can, just like thousands of other website owners and radio hosts like him.

Forget Alex's capitalistic ways, so what right?

If the guy was making millions and was in bed with the corporate and government entities he exposes, flying around in private jets and limos to make conspiracy documentaries, then he would be a fraud and that would be a reason to discredit him. As it is, this is his means of living, eating and paying the mortgage, and also his passion. I was a social worker for a few years caring for intellectually and physically disabled youths whose families didn't want them, but I also got a paycheck at the end of each month. Does that mean that the work that I did was meaningless and I was a fraud? I can help those less fortunate than me, but I still gotta eat.

Those of you still championing him, do you think that he should be the iconic headfigure of this ~revolution~? Should he have the last word on everything? Should valuable information only be distributed by his tongue? Should there be a beaurocratic strategy bywhich we're gonna over come this... human spirit and the unique dynamic bla bla bla.

No one's "championing" him, saying that he should have a monopoly on conspiracy truth, or saying that he is the messiah. It sounds to me like you have become a little jaded because the revolution hasn't come, and the convenient man to blame is Jones.

Is that what you people see happening? I dont. I see more divisions of opinions. I see more squabbiling. Most of all, I see people anchoring in their trenches and picking sides.

Exactly, and the awful thing is that due to frustration at the apparent invincibility of the established order, the truth movement is starting to turn on itself. When the prey is gone, the tigers fight amongst themselves. What a sad shame to have to watch it from the sidelines.

And all of alex's rhetoric can nor will reverse Americas slippery slope. especially when he is combative in nature even with his allies.

The thing is that he is the target of smear campaigns, not the other way around. Go to his websites and see how many attacks on other advocates of truth there are. The only person I have seen him smear is Micheal Moore because of that man's whitewashing of direct government involvement in 9-11, and WING-TV after they started attacking him.

Sorry for the cut and paste, lost. Not trying to be confrontational, just you made many points that I wanted to address. And all the above is JMHO.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Don't know a lot about him and what exactly his angle is, but listened to him being interviewed on CtoC a couple of times.

Seems to me AJs agression comes accross before his point is made, and I for one get a bad taste in my mouth from it.
I visited his site a couple of weeks ago and was not terribly impressed. Lot's for sale there.

But I think George respects him so I'm on the fence here.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
firstly, dallas, george noory of coast to coast?

we come in peace, your opinion may be more balanced than mine.

No one's "championing" him, saying that he should have a monopoly on conspiracy truth, or saying that he is the messiah. It sounds to me like you have become a little jaded because the revolution hasn't come, and the convenient man to blame is Jones.

You're right, Alex is not to blame entirely. As you've stated, the whole truth movement is falling apart. But seeing as Alex wants the spotlight so bad, his number one priority should be the persuance of truth. And 99 percent of the time he is doing just that. 1 percent is still shamefull. You're right, the IDEAList in me would like ~the revolution~ already, or rather to see everything de-escalate. But we see even in the truth-movement, peoples egos and pride closing doors of cooperation.

Exactly, and the awful thing is that due to frustration at the apparent invincibility of the established order, the truth movement is starting to turn on itself. When the prey is gone, the tigers fight amongst themselves. What a sad shame to have to watch it from the sidelines.

Well, seeing as im in a military community overseas, sometimes I do feel like Im on the sidelines. Regardless, the REAList in me cannot even fathom how people like you and I can make change on the grand scale. Dont get me wrong, Im not a total pessimist, people certainly can make a difference in their realm of influence, their circle of friends and associates.
But who are we kidding sending letters to congress, etc. Corporate America answers to a different master. The power is no longer in the people.

The thing is that he is the target of smear campaigns, not the other way around. Go to his websites and see how many attacks on other advocates of truth there are. The only person I have seen him smear is Micheal Moore because of that man's whitewashing of direct government involvement in 9-11, and WING-TV after they started attacking him.

Those were direct attacks, and frankly they dont bother me. What bothers me is he is too pumped up to organize a movement. I dont care that hes making money, I dont care that hes loud and obnoxious at times. Im dissapointed the man is knowingly getting rich off information, that even he knows wont save America. And Im dissapointed that he denies cooperation with movements similar to his own because he wont have the enduring spotlight. Understand, I am a blatant sinner, but Im also a bit disturbed by his beckoning for good peoples involvement, calling for other Christians etc. Although I am not one, I think real honest Christians know Alex's message is a bit skewed.

Sorry for the cut and paste, lost. Not trying to be confrontational, just you made many points that I wanted to address. And all the above is JMHO.

no problem. likewise this is just my opinion, and it very well may be jaded. we all want to see the world get better, but studying and knowing about the big picture doesnt bring much hope. i take into consideration mostly how I observe human nature. I dont see human nature turning things around. I see human nature escalating to a climax afterwhich it all comes crashing down, later to rebuild ofcourse. not to mention this stuff has been prophesied about. glad to discuss it with you.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by lost]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
if hes doing it for the money, why does he personally call to people to make copies of his DVDs, download them and spread them around
?
Sure hes also selling videos and such, but bare in mind running a web page costs money, making videos costs money, air time costs money, food costs money....
I wouldnt call him exactly a money grabber

He still made some of the best conspiracy documentaries ive ever seen, and i watched them all for free !

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
People that automatically dismiss conspiracy theories will automatically dismiss alex jones as kooky, whack, liberal nut job, any other insult they can conjure up.

Fact of the matter is alex jones goes to depths main stream media doesn't, he asks the real questions, he doesn't soft ball you, he doesn't try and think for you, he throws questions out there that NEED TO BE ASKED, and tries to get to thebottom of them, while I don't watch all his 'video's, i'm not a paying member, i have seen a couple, and I would believe the people in his video (witness and paper proofs) before I would believe the media.

Media brings on 'so called expert witnesses' of whome are paying contributor's to the network, cheesy looking female lawers who talk like trash and look like courtney love, or laurie dhue who's go cock sucking lips to try and (who knows) seduce you while you listen to the news. It's such bs.

I for one believe alex jone's content. whatever proof he can find and bring forth I give him my own gold stars, wasn't there a law that was passed not to long ago where they said that the media doesn't even have to tell the truth anymore?

what's that all about?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I for one believe alex jone's content. whatever proof he can find and bring forth I give him my own gold stars, wasn't there a law that was passed not to long ago where they said that the media doesn't even have to tell the truth anymore?

what's that all about?

yeah, I actually heard that on Alex's show not too long ago. Aparently homeland security or somesuch is going to be issuing false news stories etc, to "test our reaction time". Dont get me wrong, Im convinced of Alex Jones content as well. Im just saddened a bit because he is a hypocrite. However trivial that may seem, it does start to discredit him. Ive always been willing to look past the more annoying quirks of individuality, but there is something deep in Alex's character that is not right. So what. We all have character flaws. We can all get selfish or blindsided by pride. Such is the history of man.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I want to bring this discussion back from the dead - Alex is giving his life to inform people of some serious # they need to know. He don't really care that you download his movies for free, he knows there are people who will support him. Does he make good money doing this work? Sure. Does he re-invest it into his life's work? Sure looks like it. I often get that feeling after I watch one of his movies, like, What Are You Gonna Do About It. Period, not question mark. The only logical thing: wake another sleeper up. Inform more people. Thank you Alex for starting the revolution of Info War Against the mind-control freaks who are already deeply entrenched in this battle. And thank you for providing us with materials that we can present to others that is credible and don't look like extreme tin foil hat wearing lunacy. I will agree with a point someone made that Alex gets a little too passionate at times, but can you blame the guy? When I show someone who don't know Alex a movie and you see him bullhorning Bilderberg, I look over to make sure I'm not losing my audience. But I don't condemn Jones for his excitement - he's more interesting than Tex Marrs on the subject. Jones has guts, and that seems to be what drives his **ratings** up.

Wing-TV should just stop - what's the deal fighting amongst ourselves? If "ourselves" is just people wanting to know more about this NWO #! I mean, come on! Alex IS your Here and Now go to guy for NWO information, where it seems that Wing TV are guilty as charged for trying to turn a buck on a whole plethora of books dealing with every taboo alternative media talking point on the backs of the same people Alex interviews and used in a lot of his research. So are they just trying to put a brand name on it and say buy ours because Alex is ______. (Of course they have an anti-Alex campaign that would make anyone's eyeballs melt from just skimming the surface of it). Sorry Wing TV, I just don't have that much time to do all the research Alex already did - that's why we pay him, to package it all up nice and neat like Murdock pays Bill O on FNC. We are willing to accept what Alex says because he DID do the research, and perhaps it IS his so called spin, so be it, that's why you get people to WANT to find out more about these scumbags, by putting your spin on it and packaging it up all nice and neat. Only jealous people identify better "spin doctors" as putting out bad spin. As for their own brand of 9-11 and NWO truth - sorry Wing TV - but you should be called Wing Encyclopedia. I mean, how do you expect me to turn someone on to the Truth Movement by directing them to your billion word essay? Its nice that you can type, but come on, hit the play button.

And to the people at ATS who are asking Alex to come by and he isn't responding... My guess on this is he's probably getting that feeling a lot of Us (as in people who have woke up) get from time to time, and that is that it doesn't really give you much satisfaction when you are preaching to the choir. Lost - get rich quick behind the curtains, eh? And what good do you think all that money is going to be to Alex if he continues to refuse the Mark? And again, can you blame a guy for trying to get ready for something, I mean, what are you expecting, for Alex to build an Ark like Noah? Is he supposed to say, "hey, I told you this was gonna happen, you should have packed up and moved next door to me in Austin so we could start the revolution...." No, you missed his point completely. The battle is for your mind, and its about to get a whole lot hairier. All his work, all those documentaries, all those radio and television broadcasts that he did and you may or may not have watched is nothing compared to the insanity your mind will endure if we lose the info war. If we let the other side win, it will make Orwell and Huxley's visions of the dark days seem like a dream. This is the ATS website afterall, right? I didn't make a wrong turn in Alberkerkie?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I just want to say one more quick thing, the Wing TV smear campaign hits a lot of people with a lot of accusations, begging me to wonder if THEY are, in fact, some sort of CoIntelPro op. I'm still burning my eyeballs out of their sockets drudging through the reports, and don't know if I'll get back to reporting my overall opinion of it, but all I seen so far reminds me of a Jealous Player Hating mentality. Do they hate Alex because he sells his product? I mean, come on, does Faygo hate Coke? Of course. Every since I started checking Jones out a couple years ago, I've been digging around looking for anything that TRULY indicates he has any ill intent or counter intent. I have never found anything. I'm not a person who is out there putting information out, like Wing TV and others who seem to have an agenda at attacking Jones. He responds to most attacks that are leveled upon him as they come in - generally speaking - but I personally don't think that it is productive for him to have to do that. Just as it is not very responsible or productive for anyone to level these attacks.

He is very passionate about his work, and that is all there is to it. The truth about Wing TV and others is they may feel that their message is far too overshadowed by Jones. His body of work speaks for itself. Wing TV's repeating a chorus about Jones over and over: that he supposedly says BUY MY VIDEO all the time and is a shameless self promoter. I personally don't hear that. I have watched his docs and listened to hundreds of hours of his radio and tv broadcasts, and what I recall him saying more than BUY MY VIDEOS is "Don't trust me, don't listen to me, go read it for yourself."

And by the way, I never bought a single movie from Alex, never paid any subscription fees to his so called "empire" and never sent him a check. Not because I don't want to support him, but more so because he puts it out there like that. I endorse others who are more financially able to do so to support him, but I haven't had any money anyway since I discovered him. In my mind, I know that he is getting the proper support he needs, and until someone shows me an annual report or a bank statement, I don't believe any of these accusations that his fear mongering has generated millions of dollars for him. I feel this way because I know hundreds of people who have watched his movies yet I have never even seen what his commercially packaged products look like.

Enough said. I noticed that this thread is still dead - my attempts to revive it failed. It seems inconclusive, as though everyone is waiting for a defining moment in the scheme of things to take a final position on this topic. My final word stands - Alex is a good person with good intentions that, I feel, does not have an ulterior motive. Will the FEMA camp trains use Alex Jones watchers and listeners as litmus tests in the H.R. 1955 Roundup? I highly doubt it. Wing TV: Get a Life! and go buy some alex jones movies, would ya? lol, come on, attacking Mike Ruppert? Their attacks are so childish sounding at times, its like they are trying to provoke a fight on the playground. Weak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join