It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of Free Speech re: 9/11 & 7/7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Source

...Internet is full of their analysis and research of the events from 9/11 to 7/7. Tired of their serious attempts at exposing the truth, the war lords are now increasingly proposing to make blacklists of “extremists,” which will include all those whose words might “indirectly” lead to resistance to the US and UK policies.

It means that anything that does not support and agrees with what Bush and Blair are doing is indirectly leading to extremism and terrorism.

This first casualty of this strategy would be the hundreds of web sites which are coming with evidence and analysis to show that 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush and Blair lied through their teeth to make invasion and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan possible.

Interestingly, none of these thousands of web sites and blogs belong to Muslims. None of these is motivated by faith. Yet they are going to be the first victims of new fascist measures because according to Friedman they believe US government actions may encourage violent reprisals. Hence they are "just one notch less despicable than the terrorists."

This article is very interesting, filled with ideas to ponder, especially here at ATS. The article speaks for itself.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let's Get Small

Is this the answer?

Already, it is all but impossible to stay out of the system. To do so would require never entering cities, never driving, never dealing with government, never complaining out loud. To be invisible, in other words. A few hermits are off the grid, way back in the woods, living on wild game and their vegetable garden, but they are the very last of the breed that originally founded America. Soon, they will be extinct.

Though it may be impossible to achieve invisibility these days, it is possible to be less visible and thereby be less inviting a target. Not people like me, of course. It's way too late for us. We realize that our time draws ever nearer, yet we also realize that we have nothing more to lose by continuing to speak out. In for a penny, in for a pound...and I am way past the pennies. Yet, even I can employ the strategy I am about to recommend to you, in order to continue to raise the alarm as long as possible: Let's get small.

In other words, lower your profile and let the government concentrate on those too foolish to heed my warning. The Japanese have an old proverb which amounts to "the nail which sticks up is the one that gets pounded flat." Let's get small.
Let's get small, as Steve Martin once said. Maybe if we blend in long enough, we can hold out until America collapses under her own rotting weight. And, if America doesn't implode, then I have no doubt but what a somewhat-unified world will put a stop to this rampage of death and destruction...

I'm torn between 'getting small' and speaking out and fighting for what I know is right. I grow weary of the fight.

join