It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take me to your leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Do you remember the old "Outer Limits" episode about aliens disguised as door to door salesmen trying to recruit people to a new world of peace? It turned out to be a test of morality as to who would be taken. Those who passed were beamed aboard the spaceship while the others were left to die on the earth as the bombs of WW3 began to drop.

Sometimes I like to believe that this is the same scenario of our visiting ETs. I imagine myself being taken to a place of love, leaving behind all the hate.

Our world is becoming a horrible place full of horrible people. I don't want to be absorbed into this darkness.

"My bags are already packed."

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Unfortunately (or not) I believe that if aliens are real and are aware of us down here on Earth, then they are deliberately leaving us alone for our own good. Look at Earth: the majority of times where a technologically superior culture has encountered a less technologically advanced one for the first time, the less developed culture almost always suffered as a result, even if the invading culture had good intentions.

Human history is rife with examples: Cortez and his little entourage, the Native Americans and Australian Aborigines, to name a few. Even where a less advanced culture has not suffered direct violence, their culture is almost always destroyed or, at the least, radically altered. This is why there has been a limit on contacting remote tribes in the Amazon, for example. If aliens make contact in any overt way, I think we'll suffer horribly. Just my opinion, though. You may yet be laughing at me from the bridge of an idyllic alien saucer, sipping cocktails and thinking "Jeremiah was sooo wrong".

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
dollmonster

Earth is where we belong. Our bodies are literally made out of our world. We have everything we need right here to survive, and could not find it anywhere else in the Universe. If we can't make it here, we can't make it anywhere.

If we went out there the way we are right now, we would just do out there what we do here. We would take all our characteristics and atrocities with us, right to our neighbor's front doors. If it were possible, we would take over and ruin one world after another.

Man is not going to be allowed to travel until we are trustworthy as a race. We have everything we need to not only survive here, but to flourish in peace, but we don't. We do not have here what we need to travel, and the other races would never share with us those things the way we are now.

We have to make it on our own, by our own process of development and evolution, but also responsibility and morality. This is our own world and no other race can take it over, or directly interfere with our progress. If they did, they would own us and be responsible for all our problems, and we would be denied our own rights to our own advancement.

The only thing the other races can do for us is offer their assistance. When we accept it and apply it properly, we progress ourselves. Many individuals are already doing this and making small but imperative changes on Earth, but it has to be done politically, openly across our world for our whole race yet. This is the way it is for every new race at their unique point of discovering other life and approaching their initiation into their local group of worlds.

It is my understanding that the discovery of other life and education of humanity is a process dependent on our own rate of increasing capacity. What may seem to us to be a very long time over generations, lifetime to lifetime, is only a tiny point on an evolutional scale. We are not alone on this scale, and all the races that visit Earth have been where we are now, and taken themselves to where they are now with the help of other, further advanced life as well.

[edit on 7/31/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Our world is becoming a horrible place full of horrible people. I don't want to be absorbed into this darkness.

Actually any objective look at History shows we are in fact getting better. Slowly, but without a doubt we are making progress.

The idea that things are getting worse is just a matter of false perceptions. Today we live in a World where when something horrific happens we all hear about it almost instantly. The manner in which we do so has great emotional impact, we see and hear the results on the TV. Compare that to the pre-television age. Back then the news would have come to us in print, a much less powerful medium in term's of it's raw emotional impact. No description of a dead body can even begin to match the horror of seeing it.

I have had this very converstation with my Mother more than once. She says that 'these sorts' of things did not happen when I was a girl' when we discussion abductions, child abuse, or any of a number of unpleasant topics. That is simply false, the truth is that she did not hear about it but they happened.

Take the example of the poor girl who disappeared in Aruba. We have her face and story plastered all over the news every single night. In the past it would have been a small story, if that, in a few major newspapers. If all you read was your local paper you probably would never have heard about it at all.

There is an advantage to the current state of things, we should hear about these things, every life matters. It is part of why we are getting better because it is so hard to hide these horrible events today. While it may lead some, as with the quote above, to think things are black, it is also helping us to confront these problems and attempt to find solutions.

I agree with EarthSister, we cannot run away from our problems, we must confront them. As the old Zen saying goes 'No matter where you go, there you are'.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster

"My bags are already packed."

Doll,

Look at the bright side. You live in SF, one of the truely beautiful cities in America. Just think about the poor folks that live in Lubbock Texas. I'll bet you feel better already.

At the risk of sounding corney; you won't be absorbed into the darkness if you live in the light. Peace and Love!

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Good Advise on this thread!

The best thing anyone can do is to make the world a better place one small step at a time , starting with yourself.

There really is no easy way out.

If an Alien race has our welfare in mind they would know that , To feed a man a fish might help him today, but to teach that man to fish helps him the rest of his life.

That would apply to Humanity also.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
*Hands doll a copy of "How to Serve Man"*

I've translated the frist few paragraphs, and, um...

See, the problem is people like you are all too willing to up and leave when there's a problem, instead of trying to make it better.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe how some people take what I say so literally! This post was merely my reaction after reading the newest news on ATSNN.

I wouldn't really want to leave the Earth behind, no matter what. It might be nice to send some people to an other planet though!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey....if the world is going to be bombed to smithereens, or horrible, mutating viruses are going to kill us all, and an alien offers me a ride, I'm outta here! But that is the only way I would leave this earth.

Also, I would want humanity to survive...with all we've been through, and all we're capable of, we should definitely be allowed to survive, IMO. I even thought to myself: If I had to choose whether my beloved earth should survive, or humanity, I would still choose humanity.

top topics

join