It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time when you look at the clock, and what it means

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If someone wishes to dig into this idea they of course can do so. But before you do you might wish to check out the Thread I mentioned. In it I give a simple experiment that you can use to test for yourself if my explaination is correct.

Before you go chasing after some meaning that is mostly likely not there you really should try what I suggest. It is always great when people wish to explore what seems to be the unknown, but in this case it really is not all that mysterious.

And hey, I do not like to poo-poo anybody, but I have looked into it and the answer is nothing short of mundane.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Alexander Tau is correct when he states that this is an illusion.

In slightly different terms, but in agreement with him, I offer you this information.

Consciously you look at the clock at what you believe is a random time. However your brain knows the time already, your consciously unaware of the fact that we have internal clocks.

All conscious experience is integrated and incorporated as thought in the frontal lobes (top of forehead). In these sections of your brain there are approximatley 2,000 sparks of electricity passing inbetween your brain cells. each spark is a thought or more to the point a bit of information.
So, consciously you are aware of 2,000 bits of information per second.

All sensory input, however, first gets presented to the spinal column or lower regions of what constitutes the subconcious regions of the brain.

And, subconsciously you are "sparking" 400,000,000,000 bits of information per second.

The point is that you are simply consciously unaware that you know what time it is before your subconscious directs you to look at the clock.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh, please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this occurance may not have a meaning. It is in fact your subconscious delivering the message, though.

So, only you may be able to truly answer your own question, especially to your satisfaction.

It can't be coincidence, but the meaning of it can only be from within.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In an effort to centralize discussions about numbers, I started a new thread about numbers and their meanings.
Please add your comments to this "stickied" thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join