It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extemely Empathetic tied to physic abilities?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have a question about ones ability to emphathize and having physic abilities.

I have the ability to meet a person who is in deep pain or sorrow and feel exactly how they are feeling. It hapens all the time on television or even walking down the street. I was just wondering if I was overly sensitive or if there is another explanation. I have heard that people can take on the feelings of others and this defiantly has happened to me on numerous occasions.

I also has very high senses. I can sense when someone is behind me or about to touch me even if they are behind me. Its weird.

I would be interested in what others think.

I also have seen auros around people. This happened when I was in high school.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by IndigoBird]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yes, Empathy is one, of the many, psychic abilities available to us. I think there are two different types of Empathic links (I'm no expert). One is where a person that is affected by people around them in close proximity (like yourself) or long distance empathy (usually with family members or close friends). I myself have the long distance variety, to give an example; My fiance and I used to live 600 miles apart, one day for no reason my ankle starts getting real sore and I could not figure out how I could have hurt it. Later that night I was chatting with my fiance and she said she had twisted her ankle earlier that day. It was the same ankle she twisted and it started aching at the same time when she did it. This happened several times (not her twisting her ankle but other pains she had) but now that we are married and living together I do not feel her pains anymore. This didn't just happen for her, I have had empathic feelings for other members of my family too. Hope this helps a bit?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
In my experience Empathy is the most common of all the special abilities and the one that many people first develop. Makes sense to me since the most simple form of Empathy is not special at all. We share all the same emotions and the effects on all of us are reasonably similar. Once we notice the signs of a particular emotion we have all sorts of personal memories that we connect to what we are seeing. We do feel the pain of others by remembering pain of our own.

But there certainly is more than can be done, as WhiteDragon has said, it is possible to feel the emotions of people over great distances (in fact distance means exactly zero to those who have this ability well trained) and this alone moves Empathy out of the realm of 'normal'.

I have found that emotions are in fact one of the keys to memory, we remember things based on their emotional 'weight'. The stronger the emotions involved, the easier it is to access the memory. I teach people that if they wish to remember something to concentrate on how they feel about it. This helps to fix the memory in place. We remember everything, but accessing a particular memory requires some way to get to it. Emotion is the 'index' to memories if you will.

I am not exactly sure what your question is here, IndigoBird so I probably have not answered it.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/31/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
All my life I have seen people act oddly just prior to some major event occuring in their life. My stepmom refused to answer the phone, twice, as a child, although she was right next to it, and she didn't know why. Both times it was terrible news, the news of the deaths of two of her grandparents. She just refused to pick up the phone, even when her parents told her to. I have met countless people who related similar foreboding, or ominous feelings leading up to major events. Seeing the future is something that I have personally witnessed, and in my past, there were times when I felt overcome with dread just before a tragedy. The one that struck me the most deeply when the tragedy occured happened just last year. There was a three month build up of odd behaviours, improbable coincidences, and conversations about something being up.....culminating in a 6 day solemn, sombre mood, shared by me and my fiance. Then that morning, it lifted and we were happy again. Then it happened. Hindsight is 20/20, and afterwards it seemed so obvious, but there was no way we could have known why we felt those feelings so strongly. A good friend of mine is very empathic, and she has felt these kinds of feelings about world events, like 911 and the tsunami. It was more of a physical feeling than a thought or notion. She just felt them coming. I believe it.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The sort of events that you describe BlackGuard combine two different, but connected, things. The first is the telepathic connection we all share. When you are talking about bad new there are the people who already know and who are going to call and tell you. Since they know, and it is of importance to you, then a part of you knows as well. So when the phone rings you do not wish to answer because you know what it will mean, you will have to face the truth.

The same applys to something like 9/11. It was a surprise to all of us, but there were those people, the ones responsible, who knew it was going to happen.

But there is another aspect at work here, one that does not involve other people having foreknowledge. This is where the idea of precog fits in. This seems to rely on other senses, perhaps it means you are just seeing the patterns that will lead people in a certain direction. In some cases it is also a matter of the actions the person who has the precog takes. This is a Subcon sort of thing but no less valid because of it.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i have the same feelings....but mine are more like just being near someone i can feel the exact emotions they feel. if they are happy i become happy, sad and i become sad. heck some are even emotions that i cant explain. but i seem to have it ten fold for my twin sister....plus it's stronger. i mean over a longer distance, even as far as 10 miles or more i can feel and sometimes ALMOST seem to comunicate with her.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I definitely believe my feelings of empathy have gotten stronger as I have gotten older but there is something more going on than just maturity. Sometimes the empathy I feel for humans and animals becomes excruciating for me and makes me want to physically jump up and run. It's like I get too close to what happened and feel too much. It will draw the breath right out of my lungs. Weird, huh?

I knew something was getting ready to happen before 9/11. I could feel the tension. In addition, I dreamed recurrent dreams of falling out of skyscrapers. I believe the veil is slowly being lifted for some of us and we can read the handwriting on the wall. The ufo's, the internet, many scientists, astronauts, and even ex-military are serving the greater purpose which is to prepare us for the next event. I feel something spectacular is getting ready to occur.

I also feel that the real "power" will not allow mankind to destroy this planet. I don't have a sense of where that leaves all of us and that may prove to be bad news for humanity.

These are my feelings and I don't have any proof to substantiate them. I wonder if others share any of these feelings?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
As much as I know things like Empathy are real I also know that they can be controlled. There is no excuse for letting any ability, paranormal or otherwise, control your actions. Learn to shield yourself, it is not hard to do and will provide what you need to avoid unpleasant situations.

The idea that 'something' is about to happen along the lines of Disclosure is always a popular topic. The problem is that there is no real basis for knowing if it is about to happen, or if we have just moved into a new level of understanding. Personally I think it is the latter, I look forward to the day when the question of 'Are we it' is no longer a question myself but I have seen nothing that really points me towards thinking that the day has arrived.

I have heard plenty of people relate Precog visions of 9/11. At the very least it was such a powerful event it does not surprise me. In fact my wife was one of them, she had a Dream that shook her up at the time, and a few days later she watched it unfold before her eyes. Someday, perhaps, we will accept these things enough that we can act on them, but I fear that day is a long ways away.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I believe being empathic is definitely a psychic-type ability; and, that Alexander and White Dragon are right about there being two types (close and long distance) of empathy.

There are also people who can project their feelings/emotions better than others. I also believe that close ties can form strong, empathic bonds.

I have had both close distance empathic experiences and long distance ones. A long distance instance was when I suddenly started trying to find out which nursing home my ex-husband had been taken to at approximately the time he was dying. I finally got in touch with the nursing home an hour after he had passed. What I had felt was a ferocious need to talk to him, with deep concern about him. My close empath experiences are daily, with my family and anyone I encounter. With this ability: I am a great judge of character, can make the judgments quickly, and am very accurate. Lies are usually easy for me to spot.

It is very draining to be a close empath. But, it is a challenge to us that we should embrace and not run from, if we possibly can. People "need" strongly, and they hurt strongly. We all feel so alone...it feels so wonderful when someone lets you know that you are not alone whenever they are there...that they understand more than most. And, we who are appreciated in this manner are usually beloved more than most.

The connection I have with animals is very satisfying to me.

I have fibromyalgia, and it is believed to be a nervous system disorder. I am extra sensitive to pain (major problem), and at times, sound, light...and yes, other people. Between my empathic ability, my fibromyalgia, allergies and other things, I don't really feel as if I am of this world, exactly, in many, different ways. You're not alone...I'm here, too,
, and I understand.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndigoBird
I have a question about ones ability to emphathize and having physic abilities.

I have the ability to meet a person who is in deep pain or sorrow and feel exactly how they are feeling. It hapens all the time on television or even walking down the street. I was just wondering if I was overly sensitive or if there is another explanation. I have heard that people can take on the feelings of others and this defiantly has happened to me on numerous occasions.

I also has very high senses. I can sense when someone is behind me or about to touch me even if they are behind me. Its weird.

I would be interested in what others think.

I also have seen auros around people. This happened when I was in high school.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by IndigoBird]

I too have that ability among some other abilities I have , its a very good ability to have but can be a bit harsh sometimes if you cannot control it .

But sometimes it turns from "feeling" the sorrow of peoples I meet to extreme anger becacuse of their suffering (anger that I almost can`t control , the same thing with if I get sad I feel the real pain those humans are going through that I just get really depressed)

[edit on 3-8-2005 by gamerman]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am new to ATS but I think that emphathy is something that is not so far out of everyones reach to understand and to experience.

After reading more peoples input I think that everyone has the ability to experience and emphathize. I think it is apart of our being as humans to experience what others feel. I think that some of us have the ability stronger than others, and I have to agree being able to feel others pain can be quite drainning at times. I have had both long and close distance emphathy. I almost feel that my ability to share what the other person is feeling helps me to help them. Does anyone have any suggestion on using this to help?? I also wondered if anyone had any ideas on why I am so sensitive. In the scopes that when someone puts their hand a few inches from my back or anywhere I can feel it. I also think this has something to do with my ability to emphathize.

I am only 20 years old and I am quite confused with some of the abilities that I have. I know that I have some psycic abilities and I would like to know how to develop them. When I meet someone I can see them in my mind and what they will be doing in the future. I am also an avid dreamer and have had many dreams that have come true. ALong with that I see auros from time to time but I dont really know what they mean or how to interpret them. ANy feedback would be great.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I am new to ATS but I think that emphathy is something that is not so far out of everyones reach to understand and to experience.

After reading more peoples input I think that everyone has the ability to experience and emphathize. I think it is apart of our being as humans to experience what others feel. I think that some of us have the ability stronger than others, and I have to agree being able to feel others pain can be quite drainning at times. I have had both long and close distance emphathy. I almost feel that my ability to share what the other person is feeling helps me to help them. Does anyone have any suggestion on using this to help?? I also wondered if anyone had any ideas on why I am so sensitive. In the scopes that when someone puts their hand a few inches from my back or anywhere I can feel it. I also think this has something to do with my ability to emphathize.

I am only 20 years old and I am quite confused with some of the abilities that I have. I know that I have some psycic abilities and I would like to know how to develop them. When I meet someone I can see them in my mind and what they will be doing in the future. I am also an avid dreamer and have had many dreams that have come true. ALong with that I see auros from time to time but I dont really know what they mean or how to interpret them. ANy feedback would be great.

Interesting

I have the ability to :

Look at a face and their exprecions and I know how that person is

I get very easily muscles if I workout for 1 month

I have sometimes seen the future

Extreme Empathic Feelings

My hearing is very good (far greater than some others)

I too also can feel that someone is there if their like in the same room or some inches away ( mabye thats chakra flowing around in the room and you can feel it)

I have some other unexplained things that has happend throughout my childhood , Off-Topic : I have a thread "My Encounter when I was a child ? or just a strange dream ?" in the Alien section you should check out.

I am only 16 years old , soon turning 17 ....

Thanks for sharing your experinece and abilities

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Indigo, If I were you, I would check out your city and try to contact other psychics in your area. They would be able to direct you what approach to take with your ability. There are alot of shysters out there so you gotta be careful. Good luck with this.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've heard the phrase "Love is blind".

I believe it should be more like: "Love is blind, but only if what you love blinds you."

It's been my personal experience that people are more "in tune" with others when they are not only exhibiting empathy towards other individuals, but all conscioussness as a whole, equally and nonjudgementally, non objective. It is while operating under this state of mind that things appear more real, as though the experience is somehow multiplied more so.

It is not only the practice of empathy, but the knowing within us that we will not use this knowledge for self gain. More is usually revealed to us when we know throughout ourselves we aim to take nothing away from the target, or redirect the targets path.

In other words we are not trying to take anything from the target or objective that we are focussing on. We are not deminishing them in any fashion, nor do we view them as inferior, nor ourselves as superior, not only to the target/objective, but towards all as a whole.

It is the practice of the above listed inner moral values that truly amplify empathy and open more doors for us and make known more gifts and tools that are within us to more fully reach our potential to aid and assist others.

Empathy plus not wanting and not needing, but just to reveal truth.

A state of mind consisting of truth loving truth, devoid of fear and hate and all negative offsprings of fear and hate.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I am only 20 years old and I am quite confused with some of the abilities that I have. I know that I have some psycic abilities and I would like to know how to develop them.

It is my experience that developing them is not quite a real way of thinking about it. It is more like they open up from within, as though they have been there, just suppressed, dormant.

it is more like letting them surface. It's like something within that reveals only as it is necessary, or for a purpose greater than just ourself.

It could be compared to that chinese finger thing that when you pull harder and harder to seperate your fingers, it just gets tighter and more constricting, however when you relax and sort of give in to it, it comes off easily.

something within knows us better.

It's sort of like knocking the angel (represents fear of reprisal and consiquences of actions) off one shoulder, and knocking the devil (represents hate and intolerance) off the other shoulder, and finding your true self. Who you are without the fear and without the hate. And discovering that you know you are good and your intentions have been and are good, then abilities manifest themselves, but you become aware of the fact they have always been there. Don't get scared. Don't feel as though you are superior. Be glad you are who you are and not scared or superior and you will witness them blossom, open up.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First, and most importantly, ET those last two posts were the most insightful, and understandable, that I have ever seen from you. I know you have had some difficulty here in the past in making your ideas clear to the rest of us but those posts are really, really, good. Well Done!

Second, for Indigo, and anyone else who is wondering how to approach learning more about what they can do,

I agree that starting with some books is a good way to go. The more information you can obtain about similar things the better prepared you are to understand things as they happen. Knowlege is power of the best possible kind.

But as everyone who has been alive for a while knows, experience is the only way to put knowledge into practice. What something looks like from the outside is almost always found to be different once you get inside. Books can give you a framework but you also need the help of someone who has experience with the reality of those things you wish to develop.

I would suggest taking what ET said to heart and using that as a model for any Teacher, or group, that you encounter. Someone who plays games, or attempts to make themselves more important than they are, is someone to be avoided. One of the main reasons you eventually need a Teacher is you need someone that you trust who can tell you when you are jumping to conclusions. So many times I see honest people building up something that means nothing into all sorts of crazy things. Even worse, then they attempt to act on impressions and ideas that are just not the truth.

Besides indivduals there are many groups who accept that things like Empathy are real. The good ones do not demand that you join to associate with them, to learn from what they have to teach. They are also an excellent place to eventually look for a personal mentor.

There is an old mystic saying that goes 'When the Student is ready, the Teacher appears'. Having been the Teacher many times I know the truth of that. But much to many of my students dismay, I think the only way to get ready is by some serious study. It does not mean that you wander around and wait for someone to give you the answers, it takes effort.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 8/3/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
First, and most importantly, ET those last two posts were the most insightful, and understandable, that I have ever seen from you. I know you have had some difficulty here in the past in making your ideas clear to the rest of us but those posts are really, really, good. Well Done!

Thanks for the compliment, and yes I have had some difficulty. I usually make these posts and contributions from work (Nellis AFB Fire Department) and sometimes get on here and make contributions in the wrong frame of mind. I'm either tired, or stressed, or for whatever reason not at my best, and , well, not in the best state of mind.

Please, if some posts of mind seem a little off center, I work 24 hour shifts, and try to get a little time on after "duty hours".

It is a difficult task to try to reveal somethings when using a government computer, especially in some forums. But, like everyone, just put forth an effort.

At any rate, a humble thank you A. T., sincerely, E. T.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I just had to say that this thread has been one of the most heartwarming I have ever read...thank you all for the feeling of being uplifted that I am experiencing. I would love to meet you all. Blessings.......

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You are absolutely correct, although you spelled psychic wrong you are more in tune that many people are.

In fact we are all born with natural emotional potential but unlearn alot of it. To prove this to yourself, sit on a park bench when you have some free time.

Wait until you see some small children walking by. Quite likely, the kids will notice you before the parents do. I've tested this by making a little gesture that is quite slight, not enough to raise the attention of the parents, but just enough to get the kid to look. Same thing works with dogs (actually I started this experiment with dogs and have tried it with kids only recently, and after making sure the parents were friendly enough and weren't going to come after me ...).

I used to not believe this until I took an Akido class and our teacher told us to practice Akido on the road driving home. I thought he was nuts, but I swear to god I think I can "feel" cars behind me now without even looking.

And even further ... I had a lab in the sub-basement of the engineering school. I would work late at night or early in the mornings when no one was there. I know this because I would leave the lab to use the bathroom and I knew everyone who worked in the neighboring offices.

I was in the bottom corner of the building. So the only people would have been next to me, or above me.

One time I was concenrating really hard. Suddenly I had a really odd premonition that caused me to get up from my desk.

Then I heard a scraping sound from upstairs (through the concrete ceiling!). I went upstairs, and surely enough there was someone in the office directly above me.

There's no way I could have felt or smelled them. I didn't consciously hear them until the later scrape, so what exactly was this premonition?

Certainly we can empathize, with people, and with other mammals. Have you ever seen a dog yawn, and then yawned yourself (or visa versa). It's the funny thing about our social behaviors. We are naturally a group animal. It's only our society that trains us to ignore these signals.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We posses a very complex electromagnetic field around our bodies. I believe personally (although I would never tell this to a "real" scientist) that we can feel each other's fields. It is this sort of ability that many call a 6th sense. And we are not alone in this regard.

Nature's perfect killer (sharks) have developed such a heightened sense of awareness that they actually target our electromagnetic field when they come in for the kill ... prompting the following device:

www.sharkshield.com...

new topics

<<   2 >>

join