It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haven't Used Your WATS votes yet? Here's an idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The short story contest will end tomorow and sometime in the coming week the winners will be announced. As writers we can do something NOW to help each other out and not waste the resources we have at hand.

If you still have a WATS vote then use it to vote for your favorite story that has been entered in the contest. It's called supporting your community and we need to hang together on this. Tomorrow is the last day of the month and come Monday your WATS awards start over.

Lets make a statement. Choose a story and give it your WATS.

Love and light,

Wupy

Changed title to well you know....explain it.

[edit on 7-30-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, I guess I'm out of luck here.

Honorary WATS?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah, everyone, I concur. I've given one to Wupy for the idea, and another one to my favorite contestant.

Well, elligible contestant. Intrepid, your lust for power will be the end of you.

DE

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Well, elligible contestant. Intrepid, your lust for power will be the end of you.

DE

Not power DE, I heard there were hot chicks in this forum.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea. WATS votes are usually for a well thought out post, why not give your favorite story a WATS vote

But if you guys don't mind, I think this needs to be in Board Business, especially for those who don't subscribe or visit our forum.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That's a great idea....

I rarely use my WATS, and it never even occured to me to use them for the short stories.

So here's one for mrwupy for the great idea:

You have voted mrwupy for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

And I still have one left for my favourite short story. I have one more day to read them and decide which I like best. You are all excellent writers, so this could be a tough decision..........

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Good suggestion, mrwupy.

Could you please post the link? That would be very helpful.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here's the list of all the entries
www.abovetopsecret.com...

all entries are topped with a little green arrow and include (STBSS) in the title. Even if you don't give someone your WATS, i think what all of our writers crave is a little feedback

And a reminder, the contest ends tomorrow 7/31/05 at 12pm EASTERN time.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Here's the list of all the entries
www.abovetopsecret.com...

all entries are topped with a little green arrow and include (STBSS) in the title. Even if you don't give someone your WATS, i think what all of our writers crave is a little feedback

Thanx Worldwatcher.

Much more people will now see it.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And it's going to you for a great idea. Next month I'll do some reading in short stories and see what it's all about.

You have voted mrwupy for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Thanks for changing the title WW, A bit of clarity was in order. All I can say is I layed by the pool all day, soaking up the sun, splashing in the water, talking with the pretty girls and drinking lots of beer. My mind was more then a bit muddled when I signed online. (not that i'm complaining)

I used my last WATS right after I posted this. I thought it was a good entry and wish the author luck in the contest.

I also want to thank those who appreciated the idea. I think we should save atleast one WATS and use it at the end of every contest, just to support each other.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Is that noon or midnight? I have quite a bit ahead of me.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
OOOPSSS

I mean 12am as in midnight tomorrow, but eastern time still, i'm not waiting up for you guys

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Is that noon or midnight? I have quite a bit ahead of me.

Hahahahahahaah.......

The last thing we need is another dog in this hunt....dear lord we have 50 stories going.....this is soooo coool.

The writing community is taking shape, slowly but surely. I thank my creator for WorldWatcher, since it's only began since she took over.

I'm ready for the next competition

Wupy

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The last thing we need is another dog in this hunt....dear lord we have 50 stories going.....this is soooo coool.

Nope, same story, at least 2 more parts. I might have to put in some overtime.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by mrwupy

Nope, same story, at least 2 more parts. I might have to put in some overtime.

Hey, overtime pays time and a half, lets just hope the judges look at it that way.

I've been looking at what i've entered and I doubt i'll take 50th place. Still, it was never about winning, it was about keeping my muses from beating me. I really enjoyed this.

I wish great luck to all that entered.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is a great idea. Give those hard-working writers recognition. And don't forget the power of a nice u2u sent when you especially like something!

And, if you're feeling jolly and have an extra vote, check out the debate tournament. There be some mighty fine posts in there as well...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Such a GOOD idea I went and did it!
Now I have no more WATS to give......I gave all 3 to writers! For I had done this a couple weeks ago on a couple of short storys.......thanks for reminding me I had another!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hey RiverGoddess.. when you gonna come by PTS and grace us with you presence?

new topics

top topics

join