It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we are one of the first one's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't know if this theory has been floated out there before, but what if the reason we haven't been able to detect other intelligent life so far is because we are developmentally one of the more advanced races in the universe.

I realize that our section of space is one of the "newer" areas of the universe, but what if the life promoting conditions of earth are truly a rarity and Earth was one of the first world's in the near universe to yield life.

I am a firm believer that the universe does contain other forms of life like and unlike ourselves, but these life giving planets are cosmos's mega-lottery winners, very rare and very precious.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i don't agree.

i have the feeling that we have been visited by other races out there in the universe ever since ancient times (paintings, stories, etc...) and they have just not made themselves viewable in public.

but if we are one of the only developed planets in the universe i just hope once we are able to do extensive space exploration we won't exploit any other race we come in contact with.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What if we are the aliens. Think if we were capible of time travel. If we went back in time we would not want to be seen or noticed. If we did interfere we could change the future. So who is to say that all of these sightings throughout time have not just been us looking around to see what really happened in history. I know that if I could build a time machine I would go back in time to see if there were advanced civilizations before us.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Earth is believed to be between 3 to 4.8 billions of years old.

Now taken in consideration that Humans has inhabited the earth fairly recent comparing to billions of years.

I go with the theory that in 3 to 4 billions of years it may have been quite a few advance civilizations that may have done a quick stop in our planet and perhaps by some chance it may had started or accelerated human habitation in earth.

Perhaps the myth of the bible creation can very much is related to it but I think the Sumerians may have been the closes to it.

I don’t think we are the most advance race in the universe.

new topics

top topics

join