It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

everyone needs to know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Okay i see people all over this site who say that "I beieve in U.F.O's" or "U.F.O's are real" you can technacly say that U.F.O's are real. I want to let the people who don't know what a U.F.O's are they are unidentified flying objects. the whole U.F.O and the alien thing is blown way out of preportion. Basically what i am trying to say is that the people that don't know what U.F.O means here it is but if you do please don't ridecule me it just gets really annoying when I see people using the word improperly.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't think people are using it directly in relation to aliens because of ignorance of the term, but moreso just because that's the connotations it has developed over the years. In fact, I don't think many people at all--this site or elsewhere--truly uses the term to describe an object in the literal meaning of the term. That's just the evolution of the language; how often do you say "cool" when you're not referring to temperature? I'm sure you can think of many, many words and phrases we use in day-to-day life that have little, if anything to do with their literal translation.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
UFO means unidentified flying object. It doens't mean "little green men" - that pisses me off so bad when some ignoramous says those 3 words. Until these UFO's identify themselves to us, or a snowball's chance in hell, our government confirms they are visiting us, that's what all these sightings will remain - UFO's!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, you and I both know that will never happen (Gvmt disclosure). Honestly I can finaly see it from their (GVMT) POV, there are too many people in our country with aggressive feelings towards these life-forms.

I've heard people say that if they came face to face with an alien being, they would shoot at it!
I know that most of the peoples feelings come from a basic fear of the unknown.

The big issue is that is more ignorance than acceptance in our country, and until that fact alone is worked out, everything that we witness will be discredited.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Right with you WaxPineapple, this is one thing that really gets me:

UFO does not mean Extraterrestrial Spacecraft.

Its quite simple. Do people not understand the Unidentified bit?

new topics

top topics

join