It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Saddam attacked in court, lawyers say

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein was attacked by an unidentified man during his appearance at a court hearing in Baghdad on Thursday, his defence team said.



The team, which has an office in the Jordanian capital, Amman, said in a statement on Saturday that the man attacked Saddam and that the two exchanged blows during a hearing attended by defence lawyer Khalil Dulaimi.

"As the president stood to leave the courtroom one of those present attacked him and there was an exchange of blows between the man and the president," the statement said.

The head of the tribunal did nothing to stop the assault, the statement allege

However, a spokeswoman for detainee operations in Iraq, the US military unit charged with overseeing the custody of prisoners including Saddam, said no such incident took place.

"Nothing like that happened with Saddam whatsoever," Lieutenant Kristy Miller said

Source:
Aljazeera.Net

Nice Start of the Trial against Saddam.

Some of you will say - "OHMYGOD the Source, the Source! I dont belive a Word that this Terrorists Lovers from Al Jazeera Report!"

For all of you, here is a Link to Fox News.

And ABC News - US Denies Reports Saddam Attacked

OK - I think Everybody is Satisfied now!

Question:

Why does the "Official US SpokesWoman" Deny this Attack?

[edit on 30/7/05 by Souljah]




posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I wonder how many more dramatic incidents we're going to see in this whole amusing farce. And one day, they might decide to produce the real Saddam and do it all again...just for fun! Won't that be cool?! But for now, I feel sorry for Fake-o-Saddam here, because being punched in the yapper probably wasn't part of the deal.







"It's like looking in a mirror...only not."



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
But for now, I feel sorry for Fake-o-Saddam here, because being punched in the yapper probably wasn't part of the deal.

Its really not Very Nice.

And why the Hell is the "Official US SpokesWoman" Denying all of that?

Werid...



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't believe a story that refers to Saddam as 'the president'.

EDIT: BTW, I thought he was to stand trial in The Hauge and not Baghdad. Phony story.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Frosty]



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Whether it really happened or not is unimportant, as is anything else that occurs in this staged courtroom soapie of a trial, complete with Hussein stunt-double, but strangely lacking the star himself. But as for why they would deny it, well they want to give the impression of a tightly-run ship - simple as that. There would be no other motivation to either lie, or to give credence to a falsity by denying it, whichever the actual case may be.



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hey Souljah, if the attack on Saddam outside a court room is legit, goes to show you just how the Iraqi people really feel about the man, huh?



seekerof

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Seekerof]



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ack...double post...sorry.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Seekerof]



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, if someone attacked him, I can't say I'm surprised... he wasn't exactly loved. BTW, is his testimony going to be released or is his trial a secret one?

-koji K.



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Hey Souljah, if the attack on Saddam outside a court room is legit, goes to show you just how the Iraqi people really feel about the man, huh?

Hey I know he was no Nice Guy - but lets not Forget who has put him in Power in the first Place and who supported him.

You bet he has ALOT of Enemies in Iraq right now, so no Wonder he got attacked - I am not Surprised at all!

What Surprises me is the DENIAL of the US Offical "SpokesWoman".

Why?



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Then again, it could be all just a PR setup to show how the Iraqis hated Saddam so much. It's almost reminiscient of an L.A. Law script (for those of us old enough to remember). Where's Victor Sifuentes when you need him?


EDIT: Also reminds me of the "crowds" gathering and cheering when Saddam's statue was pulled down, and then it later came out that they were paid to be there. And let's not forget the reports that came out that Fake Saddam was put in the "spider hole" for a nice photo-op. The whole thing has been one big movie from go to whoa.

[edit on 2005-7-30 by wecomeinpeace]



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wonder how long its going to be before you people realise thats the real saddam, and get out of your dream world, FFS people change with age,


Most cant be seen in this one due to angles and the beard.










The problem with you (Its not the real saddam!) People is you look at the overall image and say ITS NOT HIM, try looking at different parts of the face and seeing similaities that wont change much with age.



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Then again, it could be all just a PR setup to show how the Iraqis hated Saddam so much. It's almost reminiscient of an L.A. Law script (for those of us old enough to remember). Where's Victor Sifuentes when you need him?

True - maybe thats why the US "SpokesWoman" (I just love that word, so I have to use it alot
) Denyies everything.

And YES I remember LA Law - my Mom's Favourite Show. She is a DA here in Slovenija so She Enjoyed it very much!


BTW: You have one SCARY Avatar wecomeinpeace.




posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
What Surprises me is the DENIAL of the US Offical "SpokesWoman".

Why?


Not sure 'why', Souljah.

Could be a number of things.
Story may not be entirely legit.
Could simply be a PR move.
Not sure to be perfectly honest with you.
My first impressions was what I initially mentioned.
Other than those being Baathists, the man is hated beyond the words definition.




seekerof



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
...try looking at different parts of the face and seeing similaities that wont change much with age.


Okay, sure.





The problem with you (Its not the real saddam!) People...


"It's-Not-The-Real-Saddam People"?? Are we an off-shoot from the human race, or are we like the Pod People from INvasion of the Body Snatchers and we just impersonate humans?



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Not sure 'why', Souljah.

Could be a number of things.
Story may not be entirely legit.
Could simply be a PR move.
Not sure to be perfectly honest with you.
My first impressions was what I initially mentioned.
Other than those being Baathists, the man is hated beyond the words definition.

Well its not Exactly LOGICAL, Captain.

If the Intention is to make this Guy Looks Guilty for the Crimes he Commited upon his People - then OFCOURSE, Show the attack on him. I mean Why not? It will just Boost the Anti-Saddam Atmosphere and make the guy look even more Guilty.

Why DENY That?




posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If it was a staged event, denying things only adds to the drama and garners more attention.



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I wonder how many more dramatic incidents we're going to see in this whole amusing farce. And one day, they might decide to produce the real Saddam and do it all again...just for fun! Won't that be cool?! But for now, I feel sorry for Fake-o-Saddam here, because being punched in the yapper probably wasn't part of the deal.







"It's like looking in a mirror...only not."


Im glad you brought this up.....even Saddams wife has said that this was not her husband. I didnt know if she meant,,hes not the same because they have him drugged up on many psychiatric drugs or if literally she meant,,this was not her husband. I would figure a rich president of Iraq would have access to all the highest standards of medical and dental care(regal overbite teeth) "white


www.google.com...

[edit on 30-7-2005 by magnito_student]



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace


Again aside from the fact that both pics were taken at differentf times, and teeth do rot/decay/change/whatever else, and the pics are taken at different angles and lighting,

The pic on the right is also taken when saddam had access certain luxuries that he does not have in prison.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On a different note, i would like to inform everyone here that the man arested sometime ago, who was said to be James Brown is indeed NOT James Brown but an imposter/double,


[edit on 30-7-2005 by C0le]



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
I wouldn't believe a story that refers to Saddam as 'the president'.

EDIT: BTW, I thought he was to stand trial in The Hauge and not Baghdad. Phony story.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Frosty]


Nope - he's standing trial in Iraq; probably because the charges against him were levied by the Iraqi people/government, not the United Nations.

(unless they recently did so, and I missed it. It's possible)

Edit: There's actually some really interesting information here relating to the Iraqi prosecution of Hussein, and other associated topics.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Tinkleflower]



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
On a different note, i would like to inform everyone here that the man arested sometime ago, who was said to be James Brown is indeed NOT James Brown but an imposter/double.




No, his regular teeth are still regular, and his overbite is still an overbite. This is still the Godfather of Soul, baby.

HIT ME!!! OWWW~~~!!

[edit on 2005-7-30 by wecomeinpeace]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join