It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was Your First Contact With ATS? Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I may be working an idea that has walked this block more than once, but i'm just curious about what brought the individual members to this board.

Was it a Google search for something unrelated and you got a link to ATS???
Was it a friend telling you to check it out???
Did you lurk before you became a member, and if so, how long???
Were you just in awe of Simon Gray and wanted to worship Him as a God???

If a thread has been run on this, post a link so I can look at it.
If not........ Let us know what brought you to this corner of the web.

For myself, ATS came up in a random search for something and I started reading peoples posts. I read for quite a while before I got up the nerve to become a member and post any responce or start a thread, and I'm just wondering how others found their way to ATS???????????

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I remember searching for something on some technology items I believe. Then I found articles on this site (or the ATS site) for some supposedly secret technology at American bases. I didn't check back or look around that much for almost a whole year and then found the discussions. I got hooked after that.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I came to ATS originally because I was looking for info on lake/sea monsters (Googling). I'm one of those wacko's who claims to have seen Ogopogo. There's a thread I wrote about my experience somewhere on the board.

I lurked for about a month before I posted I think. I think some of my first posts were about Scientology.

Then I just got addicted, like everyone else here.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I first found ATS about four years ago, while searching the internet for information on the Roswell conspiracy theories. I read up on just about all the content on the main site, before finally realising there was a message board and joining up in October 2002. I have never found another board which even comes close to the diversity of membership and content here at ATS. Even in the early days it was head and shoulders above the rest.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I remember I found ATS by Googling something about Mars, I managed to find ATS. I thought it was interesting so I joined.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was searching the 'net for Area-51 info, and the rest is history.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was looking for info in black projects and it took me to ats. I lurked around and looked at how awesome everything was here. Then I joined up like 4 months ago and have been hooked since.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i honestly dont remember anymore there were ome threads o this dunno if they are still around howeer if they are probably find out :p

i know i had a friend here before i came around, went by MaChina and I remember I use to read up on omega agency pretty much nonstop :p

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
I was searching the 'net for Area-51 info, and the rest is history.

Sanc'.

Same here, I wandered in on an Area 51 search. Lurked for abit and the signed up

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was googleing the Hollow Earth theory among alot of other mysterys & paranormal stuff. Then i found some threads from this forum & decided to join. Like it alot so far.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'd always heard about 9/11 conspiracies, never knew too much about them though. I think I was searching for 9/11 footage one night, and came across ATS. Then I saw all the articles about aliens and stuff, one of my long time favorite topics. I think it was the Dulce Papers, talking about the war and everything, that made me really join. I still think they make a great sci-fi story if they aren't true

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I found it during a period when I was greatly interested in The Philadelphia Experiment. It was on google and I havent gone a day without ATS since

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i, like many, was searching for area 51 pics on yahoo...

my life has never been the same since...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So many of the people that found ATS seemed to have just come this way while looking for something else. And that's cool, the group of people that hang out on these boards are the ones that walk the path less traveled.

I feel honored to be included in this curious collection of mixed nuts.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't quite remember. I think I google searched for a Thunderbird(The legend) and found a thread here. I only figure that because my first memory of ATS was a thread about a pic of 2 giant birds. I think I ran into ATS in 2002-03, somewhere in there. I lurked(I hope that word means what I think it means) around here for about 1 or 2 years before joining.

new topics

top topics

join