It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
... has any1 read From the Ashes of Angels : The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race??? is it possible that them nephilim like things built the sphinx? and that the lived in egypt b4 them early egyptians?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The title sure sounds familiar--where/what is it?

I think many answers to man's perpetual 'mysteries' can be found in research of an ancient giant race or races.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
... the title is a name ov a book about nephillim like people (i think) that lived in egypt b4 the early egyptians that ppl learn about in school and it says that they built the sphinx n stuff.... i kinda believe it cuz i dont think that a bunch ov bored ppl would just make a huge things like that... i think that none ov the aincent ppl made any ov the cool things that are all over the world (srry if im not that clear...) i dont think that the aztecs mayans incas or who ever we think built that pyramid like structures actually built them i think that there were wierd god like people who built that stuff (and othe wird buildings and places like petra, sphinx, them huge drawings in the sand, and all the other cool things) cuz its kinda hard and even if they did have a lot ov ppl it would be very hard to built huge buildings that are made out ov huge stone blocks

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The problem I have with this argument is the same I have with most theories that tout the "an ancient, advanced race created civilisation Y or built monument X" - where is the evidence? Surely if a highly, or even moderately advanced civilisation existed in Egypt prior to the recognised ancient Egyptians, there would be more than circumstantial evidence. There would be significant amounts of writing in a pre-Egyptian language, or technologies well beyond those used by the ancient Egyptians. As much as I am willing to admit the possibility of this being the case, it simply doesn't seem to be.

When you look at the sphynx or the pyramids, it's very easy to be awestruck and declare it a feat beyond the capabilities of simple men. But then the same is true when I look at engineering feats today - bridges, skyscrapers, dams and such. Perhaps we simply give our forebears too little credit?

Yes, I am aware of the debate concerning the age of the sphynx and the pyramids. Yes, I am aware of the debate concerning the apparent rapid rise of Egyptian civilisation. As a student of archaeology, I am more than willing to keep an open mind and acknowledge that there is still much we do not know and indeed that which we do know may in fact be erroneous. In truth, I think that if we were fully aware of the 'truth' of our past, it would be quite different to that which we teach in schools. However, if we are to keep an open mind, as I feel we should, we must also admit the possibility that perhaps there was no advanced race of monument and civilisation builders.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
yea no evidence.... i wasnt really saying that wut the books saying is true im just thinking about it... what if the egyptians didnt write all those hieroglyphs maybe it was some1 else and the egyptians did know how to write and everybody translated the hieroglyphs wrong....

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The problem I have with your argument Jeremiah25 is that the scientists among us always want absolute proof of everything before they believe.

The vast majority of people on the planet are religious in one way or another with no proof whatsoever of the proof of there religion only faith and belief.

It is the same with Ancient Civilisations/UFO's etc. lots of us use our commonsense and judgement to just believe. By that I don't mean that we believe everything on this subject as there is such a load of c**p written on it that it is sometimes hard to see through the fog.

The present day Egyptians and Mayans for example are incapable of building the structures they built in the past and we have 24x7 TV programmes with "experts" explaining how they might/might not have done it, none by the way conclusive.

Take our own age for example. What would it take for us all to forget how to create the Machinery/Electricity that our world needs to survive and once that knowledge was gone, how long before we forgot it ever existed. Don't say it can't happen as it obviously has in the examples above.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I agree with the idea that the Egyptian hieroglyphs would have had different meanings. The high priests wouldn't have spewed out all the most privileged interpretations and meanings to the everyday people in Egypt but would have had to have some translation for them nevertheless.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
bluesjunior -

Oh, I agree. Scientists have to present themselves as impartial, unbiased reasoners who demand facts, figures and hard evidence before they will commit to a theory. This began as a positive thing. For many years, people were unable to question the workings of the physical world, since they were held to be the province of religion, which could not be questioned. Scientists' demand for evidence initially began as an effort to promote the flexibility of ideas and to prevent a dominant ideology from becoming inescapably accepted.

However, I think that some (though not all) leading scientists, and especially in the field of archaeology, have taken it to an extreme. I think that historians have become too set in their ways. When your entire career rests on the dominance of a theory you have championed, you do not react well when that theory is questioned. Flexibility and healthy skepticism has, in my opinion, been replaced by criticism.

You are right about how quickly we may forget the technological crutches we use in our civilisation and that in itself is our biggest problem - we just don't know what happened. Were the Egyptians capable of building the pyramids? I personally think they probably were. But we simply do not know and I think you're right in stating that common sense and good judgement are our best tools. What might archaeologists in the future make of our civilisation, I wonder? The TV would doubtless be touted as a shrine to our god, since everything in the main room of our house faces it.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Actually, Collins doesn't postulate an advanced race as such in his book From the Ashes of Angels and the possibility that they built the sphinx is only a small element of the book, most of which concerns the possibility of a group of people living in the Lake Van area of Kurdistan who were advanced only relative to the other tribes of the area (particular with regards medicine and herbology) circa 8,000 years ago, and whose contacts with those 'less advanced' tribes gave rise to the myths of angels. In that respect the theory is quite credible.

And personally I think it's quite possible that the sphinx was carved before the rise of dynastic Egypt. Though I'm keepoing an open mind on who, why and when - with the period c6,000 year ago being IMO the most probable time frame to account for erosion features and the necessity of actually having people capable and willing to carve it.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
... i never said that i read the book... my friend just wouldnt shut up about it so i thought that all the stuff she told me from the book migh ov acctualy happened

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'd recommend reading it then

Most of it is quite good. But ignore anything Collins says about the ice age and frozen mammoths etc - it's one area where (like Graham Hancock before him) he simply repeats what he's read elsewhere without checking his sources. And the origin sources were made up by early 20th century creationists.....

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The Egyptian weren't a race of 'tards.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What is said about the mammoths?

Have you heard of Professor Frank Hibben? He is gone, now, but in his lifetime his work was, I think, mainly related to archeology and anthropology--he discovered ancient tools in Alaska and studied things like the pleistocene extinction. I believe he was quite respected, and he discovered some amazing things up at the northernest part of N. America related to the remains of animals. What he found seems to show (along with other findings) that the last extinction was not due to man or gradual, but rather sudden and quite violent.

They're finding a lot of ruins underwater in the last decade.

If there was an ancient civilization prior to us, much advanced, there is good possibility the evidence is still mostly hidden. Same goes for the idea that if ours departs due to polar melting and deglaciation--which will cause overwhelming flooding--others in the next age will not know we had TV's or many 'modern conveniences.'

There's a large chunk of 'investigation' and 'mysteries' in various fields of study that, if a hypothesis was applied that incorporated the existence of a people mightier and bigger than us, who existed with such humans like us, mixed together in the world, and the possibility they were of a make-up of a slightly different nature than us, both physically and spiritually (or mentally), would have it's holes and gaps almost complete filled in with satisfactory consistency and logical interrelation, even with the way the world is now.

IOW--IF such a thing were true it would explain a lot, with things making a lot more sense.

Sometimes we have to seriously consider something rather 'far-out' so that things more 'down-to-earth' can be made sense of. I'm not alluding to outer space visitation, but certainly that's possible. My ideas of what outer space is do not go along with most people's convential idea of 'aliens', so I personally don't go that route.

But the possibility of these things not existing is not something we have to necessarily keep in mind--all of us have been conditioned by the powers-that-be in subtle ways to make that consideration be more of a 'fact' than anything else. We've got plenty of idea that didn't happen, but not enough to believe that it did. Just a little more healthy skepticism toward what we've been told is the only thing possible would go a long way toward unlocking some secrets, because I feel, in my bones, that the time is come for all those hidden things to be revealed, as someone once said, a couple of thousand years ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If they ever existed where is their GARBAGE....? I am sure they would have produce materials that where resistant to corrosion. like plastics,,,, when we pass, future peoples will know how bright we were as they sift through the landfills of our immortal need to consume

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaypeth
If they ever existed where is their GARBAGE....? I am sure they would have produce materials that where resistant to corrosion. like plastics,,,, when we pass, future peoples will know how bright we were as they sift through the landfills of our immortal need to consume

Why would they have needed to make such things?

As long as tree bark, etc, was there they could have used it to make items which over thousands of years would have rotted away.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You have to remember that the Ancients were spiritual and as such their high tech civilisation had no need for any discernable infra structure whatsoever.

Hence the lack of 'proof' demanded by narrow minded Western science.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I read something about the Khemetians....Like, were their and taught the Egyptians. They came from Atlantis?... I don't even remember where I read that. Speaking of books and Egypt, pyramids! Anyone read 'The Complete Pyramid Sourcebook", by DeSalvo?

I think it mentins the likes of Dr. Patrick Flanagan, Christopher Dunn, John Anthony West, Ian Lawton, Stephen Mehler, Alexander and Anatoli Golod (the russian dudes), Dr. Vlodymyr Krasnoholovets, R. Bauval, and Joe Parr, etc. Anyone know if all that Pyramid Power is true? Seems incredibly interesting. It seems as though it's maing a vague attempt at saying aliens can ride the alpha waves to here from taurus, but can only goto orion form here (similar to ancient egyptian myth). Weirdness.

edited for: I can't spell today

[edit on 30/7/2005 by FallenOne]

[edit on 30/7/2005 by FallenOne]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

You have to remember that the Ancients were spiritual and as such their high tech civilisation had no need for any discernable infra structure whatsoever.

Hence the lack of 'proof' demanded by narrow minded Western science.
I have to side with Uncle Joe on this one--because I can't reconcile the idea of mass production of plastic for needless non-purposes being an indicator to any future generations (by which I mean 'age' generations) that we were all that 'bright.'

Atlanteans had electricity and even some sort of computer type machine--but they had no need for oil (oil probably wasn't seeded in the ground until the cataclysm that ended that age as well as the pleistocene epoch) or smelly pollution creating energy. Somehow they did these things in an ideal clean fashion. My vote is crystals.

The people who lived in the age before us no doubt created the crystal skulls that have been found all over N & S America. These skulls are even today beyond our capabilities.
Crystal skulls

IMHO, compared to other generations, we are a dirty and slothful bunch, more greedy and fat with capitalism than even the devil would care to be, no doubt. I include myself in this, so don't think I'm judging. Just observing. I don't think we'll ever be a 'mystery' to those coming after, like Atlantis is to us. Maybe there's a good reason for that.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The present time was described in the Vedas thousands of years ago as the lowest point in the lowest age of man. The four ages they describe get progressively worse from a spiritual aspect, ending in the iron age, the Kali Yuga, which just gets worse itself from start to finish. They say we are in the end years of this lowest of ages, so that greed, lust, ignorance, apathy, gluttony, deception, etc. are all peaking. Hmmm, they might have a point. Millenia ago, this was written. They end of the age entails a time when the slate is wiped clean, which does not sound promising. Afterwards we launch into the highest days of the Golden Age, the highest age, so its not all bad. Of course, billions of people dying, massive extinctions of other life forms, etc. does sound bad.
I still haven't seen a proposed plan to construct the Great Pyramid of Giza using all our wondrous technology that you can't poke holes you could steer an oil tanker through. We haven't figured it out. The Egyptians likely built them, since they are in Egypt, in Africa. How they did it is not yet satisfactorily explained, and irreproducable at present. Anyone who has a plausible blue print of how we could, please let me know, cuz I have read many texts trying to crack that nut.
As for the garbage....... well, maybe in 2012, Sedna will skim the earths atmosphere, and we will all get front row seats to watch what happens when gravitational forces are so huge that the magma below the crust rises like the tide....... earthquakes, volcanoes, oceans washing over continents...... exactly like all the ancients described, and the book I earlier refer to backs up with scientific rigour. 'Wipe the slate clean', that is the gist of the ancient deductions. And according the those Mayans, its about 7 years away. The Bible, Vedas, Astrology, Native American Prophets, and the Mayans all agree...... its sposed to hit the fan right about now. Thank goodness, I say. What a mess we have made. Shameful. Still letting 50 000 kids a day die needlessly...... we are not taking good care of the earth, and just like not changing your oil in your car, it does catch up to you. I liken it to a grandfather clock striking midnight. It has been so peaceful for so long, no one imagines what the loud, bonging of the bells sounds like.
In 3 000 years, do you think even our greatest structures will remain? No way, just the pyramids.
btw, the sphinx was originally carved as a lion, then Khafre renovated it and had his image carved into it. That is why the head is too small for the body. It was thousands of years old in his day, eroded badly, to the point of needing repair. imho

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

In 3 000 years, do you think even our greatest structures will remain?

I tend to think that some of them may survive, or at least to the extent that future archaeologists would be aware that a fairly advanced civilisation had built them. It would depend greatly on circumstance, though. If there were a nuclear war, for instance, many of the world's cities may be destroyed. But if something like disease were to finish us off, I think many of our structures might survive 3000 years. Take New York City for example. If it were not destroyed, I think enough of it would survive so that archaeologists would at least be able to deduce that a great city had once stood there.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Jeremiah25]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join