It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake moon landing hoax theory invented by the gov?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I was just thinking, i'm a supporter of the fact we actually set foot on the moon in 1969, however, a topic by Drakefist made me think...

What if the Moon Landing Hoax theory was invented by our OWN government to get us conspiracy theorist away from the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE that the astronauts were in contact with ETs?

If we all think the moon landing was a hoax, then UFO theories can't possibly be right! think about it

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Theres stories to go with everything. People will try prove anything one way or another. I was not yet born during this time, and ironically I still have no interest in the moon landing.

I do believe it happened, and of course there is evidence to back it up.

Do I think the government started this "moon hoax"... no.

It would be far easier for the government to cover up anything it didnt want seen, then to give the entire program a bad name.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
A conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory... I love it.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well ofcourse

I seek possible sollutions to all problems

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A possibility I suppose but it seems far more likely it is just what we humans do. Unless we can be there, touching, seeing something for ourselves then somebody is going to say 'Fake!'.

The main effect of these 'we did not go to the Moon' concepts is to discredit the people who spin them. While some might say that this sort of wild speculation gives all conspiracy theory's a bad name (actually I have said that but mostly in jest) in reality I do not think that is really much of a factor with most people.

For myself for example, anyone who believes that we did not go to the Moon is not someone I am going to pay a lot of attention to about anything. To me it reflects a gulibility for evidence that I find very weak and in most cases downright silly.

Everyone knows that people sometimes get together in secret to do something or the other. It always comes down to what the conspiracy theory is about, that is what people judge on. Anything that goes against 'Common Sense' as currently defined by a person is suspect.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well if they didn't land on the moon that time then they must have done it some time around the years 1998 to 2005 because we have footage of them being in space which they can't deny or say isn't real so hahahahaha

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I believe emphatically that we have been to the moon. On the other hand, I also believe the film footage of that landing was forged. The obvious give away was the American flag blowing in the wind on a surface devoid of gravity and atmosphere. There are many other clues to dispute it's authenticity as well.

Rumor has it that a very prominent astronaut told NASA that they had been warned to stay off the moon by other beings. This could explain why in over thirty years we've never been back.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
The obvious give away was the American flag blowing in the wind on a surface devoid of gravity and atmosphere.

That flag gets me every time. I laugh at how square it is... haha. Just thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I sincerely believe that we landed on the Moon.

But the questionable part is if the proof the show us are real or some attempt to hide something from the public.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If we were on the moon right now , and we swung a pendilum, would it not swing back and forth?

Yes . Why ? Gravity. Not Wind!

Same goes for the Flag! Remember its a Moon Flag too, with rods running through it!

If it would have been wind blowing it , then you would see the dirt blowing around too. And you don't see that even when the dirt is kicked up.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have always taken the fact that some people are so easily convinced that we did not land on the Moon as a sign of how hard it is for humans to process radical new information.

There is a perfectly logical and rational explaination for the Flag movement, but that does not matter when one does not wish to see it.

We resist and cling to any silly idea that is comfy. Sure, somehow all the people at NASA were convinced to perform this massive fraud because they 'knew' we could never make it. To think this shows how little the average person understands about their fellow humans. The people at NASA are not military, they could not be ordered to keep quiet.

A hoax at this level is just evil, it is a perversion of everything that Americans hold dear and yet some believe that a huge amount of people were willing to go along. This very idea is an insult to all the men and women who worked so hard to accomplish these amazing things.

It is this same mindset that keeps Christianty going. The idea that the primative humans of 2,000 years ago understood the nature of the Universe is absurd. They were children compared to what we are today, and as such they told children's stories. We all dismiss 99% of the 'knowledge' from the time and yet accept answers to questions that even today strain the very limits of our understanding.

Humans, what a species.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

... The people at NASA are not military, they could not be ordered to keep quiet...

(-)

Nasa has more contract employees than regular government employees. Even less likely to keep a giant 'hoax' like that a secret.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ground zero says:

What if the Moon Landing Hoax theory was invented by our OWN government to get us conspiracy theorist away from the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE that the astronauts were in contact with ETs?

"Ovewrwhelming evidence"? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Would you like to share your "overwhelming evidence" with the rest of us?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
dollmonster says:

I believe emphatically that we have been to the moon. On the other hand, I also believe the film footage of that landing was forged. The obvious give away was the American flag blowing in the wind on a surface devoid of gravity and atmosphere. There are many other clues to dispute it's authenticity as well.

Right, dollmonster. There's no gravity on the moon.

jra

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
The obvious give away was the American flag blowing in the wind on a surface devoid of gravity and atmosphere.

There was no flag blowing. Only movement that was caused by astronauts putting the flag into the ground. There was only one rod running horizonatally along the top of the flag, but the rest usually stayed a bit wrinkled.

An example of this is here, from Apollo 11. AS11-37-5468 And then 12 photos later there is this shot: AS11-37-5480 Note that the flag is wrinkled the same way 12 photos later.

Also the Moon is not devoid of gravity.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OtS, the overwhelming evidence would be based on what the Astronauts them selfs have said, communicating on the radio with mission control and testimonies.

I also advice you watch: Evidence: the case for NASA UFO's which is not related to the Apollo missions but is definitly connected with ET pressence in space.

Perhaps that might change your opinion
it's definitly good evidence to support this.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It always comes back to the rippling in the wind flag. I am really starting to think every person who thinks we didnt land on the moon was dropped many times on their head. Ånd as a result are severly retarded.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I saw this on t.v... They showed a picture of neil armstrong or somebody on the moon with the american flag and identified it to be fake. Then they showed another where the shadow from one person was in front of him and the other astronauts shadow was behind him.

jra

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by And1balla2829
I saw this on t.v... They showed a picture of neil armstrong or somebody on the moon with the american flag and identified it to be fake. Then they showed another where the shadow from one person was in front of him and the other astronauts shadow was behind him.

Could you try to find those pics please? I'd like to see them.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
For those who actually believe we did not land on the Moon here is someplace you really should visit:

www.clavius.org...

A.T
(-)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join