It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk about being pissed off....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You would not believe the idiots that are in this world today, with my luck I'm always around them. Here I am minding my own business while coming out of a store from the mall and some dumbass lady stops me for a stress test. At first I said no but then just did it anyway just to humor the dumb bitch. She kept asking questions about me and my life and what was possibly stressing me out. I thought to myself, "what's the point of this test if they're going to stress you out even more by getting involved in your personal life?"

As time went on, this lady had the nerve to tell me that I should pick up a copy of some dumb book, read it and then proceed to start changing my life around. At first I just ignored her hoping she would shut up but she kept getting worse. She tells me that twenty years ago she came to some lady, the same lady who was also giving free stress tests, and she completely changed her f**ked up life around. Ever since then, she said she now has five different companies, has a great family and makes half a million dollars a year. Then I thought to myself, "If this b*tch is making half a million dollars a year, WTF is she doing sitting on her ass giving out free stress tests at a mall for?!"

At that point she proceeded to ask me to purchase this book and I of course told her no, saying I had no money whatsoever. She proceeded to ask me if I had a bank card or a visa, she even accused me of having eight dollars in my wallet! This is when anger starts setting in and I tell you I was not happy at this point. She looks at me and says, "What's the matter? What's going on in your head?" I said, "Nothing is going on, I'm perfectly fine." She goes, "Well what are you doing standing here, are you going to buy the book?" I said, "No, I'm not going to buy that book." She then pissed me off by saying, "Well then leave, go away, if you're not going to buy the book then just get out of here." That right there did it for me, I looked her in her eyes and said, "F*ck off you stupid b*tch." I walked away and she was lucky I didn't get that book and throw it in her face!

Ugh, has anyone ever been in a situation like this before? Honestly I felt better after telling that b*tch what I thought of her.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I would just tell people no thanks to their tests and walk off. If it's someone on the phone and they don't take no for an answer, I hang up on them unless I actually want to listen to them. I once ticked off a telemarketer this way though by listening to him. However I don't really know if it was someone giving away something who just happened to want my credit card number to pay a small $5 shipping and handling fee (yeah right) and I refused. This guy had a foreign accent as well (I was wondering if he was a potential terrorist). I thought it was stupid to tell me I won something, then go into a long story about possible prizes, then ask me to pay for shipping and handling and to need my credit card number for that. NO WAY. I guess we live and learn, if you don't want to talk to someone, tell them No and walk off or hang up.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Scientology perhaps? You didn't mention the name of the book that she wanted you to purchase so I took a guess. Scientologists are very pushy with their approach and rarely take no for an answer. The old approach was to hand out a, "personality evaluation test" then they come back to grade it and, low and behold, you have issues dude!

They insist on, "helping" you with your stress related issues and deep seated anger issues. In the end, if you bite the hook, you could end up thousands of dollars in debt and in bed with one of the nuttiest main stream cults this side of loony tunes!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You resisted the sale, you resisted the urge to clock her upside the head with her own book. you passed the stress test, you don't need the book!

I run into a similar type of person often.
It's the persistent guy, scamming for a handout.
He always has a story about a broken down car.
He always needs 10 or 12 more dollars to "get" the replacement part for the car, which is conveniently a few miles away.So you can never actually see the car. No matter what you ask, they have some sort of answer.
They also smile a lot, and hang out, just barely outside your personal space.

The last guy said, "I'm trying to get more money wired to me, but my wallet was stolen, and I have no ID, so they won't let me pick up the cash."
(anyone know whats wrong with that story?

Good question, what was the book title, do you remember?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
Scientology perhaps? You didn't mention the name of the book that she wanted you to purchase so I took a guess.

From what I remember, the book was called "Dianetics" or something of that nature. From what I heard from someone else, this is very common when dealing with those stress tests, they try and get you to buy this book that is supposed to have helped millions of other people.

:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
L Ron Hubbard, founder of scientology

[edit on 30/7/05 by Klepto]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Dianetics was written by L Ron Hubbard

top topics

join