It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online "Relationship"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have had two very deep online relationships. One that I regretted, one that is currently having problems, but worth all the effort I'm putting into saving it. I got to know her fairly well through talking to her, and we fell deeply in love. Then after about 9 months we met in person, and things just got better. We've been far apart for two years now, but we're still together, and fighting for our relationship. We are so amazingly close when we're together, and have a very strong connection with each other. Even when things are at their worst, we still have a connection, and while I have a tendency to screw things up, she hasn't done things to make things worse for us to this day. And let me tell you things have gotten pretty bad between us at times.

I agree with Tinkleflower. An online relationship can be stronger and longer lasting than an offline one. You have a chance to really get to know the other person before you get to be with them.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
True love and true self, found by way of an online relationship....lol

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by reyna4fitness
True love and true self, found by way of an online relationship....lol

Yo!!! My name is NateDogg. What you wearing?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
well I met someone online, quite unexpectedly...cos I am such a suspicious person anyway... and all I can say is its bull...and if I saw him I would shoot him if I owned a gun! He was a lying, good for nothin s.o.b... sigh...gee I feel better now!

A lot of people play games... how easy is it to make up crap when ur over the other side of the planet? What a waste of time and energy!!

I am glad some people have some happy la la stories...
those stories would b few & far between!

mod edit: Do not circumvent the censors

[edit on 31-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Wow, sorry to hear your experience made a turn for the worse but that is definitely something you have to look out for. You can't be too trusting with some people. It's sad why some people have to lie like that but people will be people so it has to be expected. Luckily my experience was outta this world ~ wouldn't change it for anything.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
yeah the horror stories are abundant, I had a couple myself that didn't work out, although I don't regret them for a minute. It's all about living and learning ...

It has worked for me, even witht he disappointments, I experienced alot I wouldn't have without knowing them and I am grateful for that. However nightmares aside, I have met one person online that has become my fairytale
... I'm marrying the poster above me next month

It CAN work!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I met my ex and my current wife online. The first one taught me a lot, but was ugly at the end. The second one, has turned out to be BY FAR the best thing to happen to me. I get so much strength from her, even when things are at their worst, and we're fighting horribly. We've had so many problems, because we're so far away from each other, but our feelings are still so strong for each other, and we are so in love with each other. It can work out wonderfully, or it can be the worst thing to happen to you. Just be careful, and don't rush into anything.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
For me long distance relationships don't work.

I need to see the person and be with the person to fall in love and stay in love.

If I don't see the person for a while I find I loose my feelings for them

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just remember this...a computer is like a mask sort of and when that person no longer has a mask to hide behind then the real person has no choice but to come through and sometimes that real person is very nasty and even opposite to who they are online.

And that's all I have to say about that.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Because in some way, the mask of the Internet does allow one to have more freedom, perhaps revealing a truer self. I would bet some of the "rants" made in this forum are done but otherwise gentle-mannered people day-to-day....

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Because in some way, the mask of the Internet does allow one to have more freedom, perhaps revealing a truer self. I would bet some of the "rants" made in this forum are done but otherwise gentle-mannered people day-to-day....

AND...some I believe actually "hide" behind their mask and portray themselves as someone they truly are not..that's the scary part. There are some psycho's out there, who just love the fact that they can go and be whoever they want to be online and attempt to fool those who read their lies and crap.

[edit on 1/31/06 by magestica]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Paraphrase of Title originally posted by reyna4fitness
didn't ya'll see Napoleon Dynamite?

Rats! Foiled again. And I'd have posted first, if those meddling kids hadn't gotten involved.

Well here goes anyway:

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Uncle Rico: What about your girlfriend?

Kip: Well, things are getting pretty serious right now. I mean, we chat online for, like, two hours every day so I guess you could say things are gettin' pretty serious.

Kip: I'm just really trying to raise a few bucks now so I can bring her out for a few days.

Uncle Rico: Yeah, well what does she look like?

Kip: She's uh... she's got sandy blonde hair. She's uh... pretty good looking face, but I'm just getting really... just kinda TO'd because... I mean she hasn't even sent me a full body shot yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
How do you know what you're really getting online? Yeah, the person could post a picture, but it could be of someone else, maybe someone that's buried beneath their house. And all you young girls need to realize that the man of your dreams is most likely some old dude that's constantly touching himself. It would be funny if it weren't true.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Some of those "old dudes" out in cybernia need to wake up and suspect that the "15 year old girl of their dreams" is actually only another fat old man, who constantly touches himself.

Creepy, when you start to see the symmetry of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So true.

I like the way you think Dr., outside the box.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

AND...some I believe actually "hide" behind their mask and portray themselves as someone they truly are not..that's the scary part. There

[edit on 1/31/06 by magestica]

Not me. I'm the same sarcastic, bombastic, self righteous blowhard in three-dee as the one that gets portrayed in here. Except I don't get any points for sassing people in the rest of my life. Other than that, what you see is what get.

Actually, that not true. This persona actually run by two frendly chinese worker-ladies in Fen-li underwear factory located at outskirts of sock-town, Zheng-tsao prefecture, China:

We both hope everybody ATS having nice day today, being yesterday for us.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have met guys from the internet and in real life and have had probably about the same amount of dissapointments from both. People can lie just as much to your face as well, and they do.

However I don't think I could say I am head over heels in love with someone until I met them in person. I could care very deeply for them and be open to the possibility that I could maybe fall for them if I met them. There's just nothing quite like looking into a persons eyes, hearing the tone in their voice, and feeling their touch. Sure you can kinda do some of these things online but it's quite limited.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

lol I actually have to tailor my font on here because of the T&C, I am alot NICER online
lol
Naw I'm pretty much as I am online as I am off but nicer on ATS (I can be very creative lol)

And I figured we were discussing actual relationships not the general risks involved online, I think we all know what those are already. I think the question was posed in regard to once U have actually met the person or are talking to them on a "relationship"-type level. Hence the title Online "relationship"

For all the hiding and faking people are able to do thanks to the internet I do also believe that when and if U do find someone interesting enough, who U don't think is messin U around, U get to actually know that person, without the physical distraction because that is a huge problem for me offline. I will never take a man who thinks callin out "hey sexy" or something of the like seriously

C'mon now. And I am being nothing but honest, it is a huge turn off. I am tired of attracting men just because I am pretty to them, men that want to talk to me because of how I LOOK don't interest me. These are the men who usually don't have much to say in terms of intelligent conversation too and in my experience it's usually the real good lookin men so I got into the habit of just staying away from them lol

Physical attraction helps yes, but it is not all I am about or what I want my relationship to be aboutgee.

At least online I can block and ignore the retards
lol

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

lol

Yes, but then it gets so quiet in here . . . . . no posts for weeks. . . .

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Originally posted by ImJaded

lol

Yes, but then it gets so quiet in here . . . . . no posts for weeks. . . .

so true dr

I just wish we could do it in real life. Imagine being able to put George Bush on mute or something lmao
(which I guess I do anyways
)

[edit on 31-1-2006 by ImJaded]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join