It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is on this picture of the moon? :S

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I usually do not like to direct conversation directly to one person in forums (usually ends bad), but since I was singled out here I will reply. Nventual the reason for the two photos being stretched in horizontal and vertical directions is because the one you supplied was put together by means of mosaic tiling and flattened. The one that jra supplied was taken and although it looks like it too was put together by means of mosaic tiling it was not flattened. These are both common means of creating topographical maps. When comparing one against the other they often seem to be a little distorted due to the flattening process. There are several different types of maps. Some of them include Globe, Mercater, Mollier I believe (sp), and there are several other types as well. Each one will surprisingly give you different distortions of a particular area. All are correct, they just are different ways of presenting a representation of an area.

Getting back to the area on the moon, it could be argued that this was not present at the time the photo was taken in jra's photo. The only problem that I have with that argument is that the size of this object would be incredibly large and to be constructed in less than 30 years seems out of the question to me unless it is a very simple structure. The only way that I can imagine a structure like this to be able to be constructed that quickly would be if the object was not stationary and it was able to be placed into position (again, wow that would be a feat!).

Not sure if I just imagined this or not, but wasn't NASA planning on possibly sending a satellite to take new photos that were actually going to finally prove that we landed there years ago by viewing the objects that were left there? If this is the case maybe we can see then.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Kata]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well it could be a city with a giant wall around it. Maybe?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Kata...The two images you supplied show what looks like the crater Messier...(It looks like 2 craters together with a comet shaped ray coming off it).
As far as I know( I may be wrong) that crater is not on the farside.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Maybe it has camoflage over it......the dates of the pictures would help determine which was taken first. Maybe it was build after the NASA photo......or maybe, if it is an Earth building, there is advanced technology involved cloaking the base and when the one picture was taken the cloak was being repaired........????

BZ

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
unless normal people could go and check it out,im sure they could hide anything up there, and tell us what we want to hear(but not believe).

just thinking,if lets say you had the money to build your own spaceship,would they let you fly it up there to have a really good look?

jra

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BZ
just thinking,if lets say you had the money to build your own spaceship,would they let you fly it up there to have a really good look?

No one owns Space or the Moon, so who's to stop you? I think if you were launching from the US, you'd have to get some kind of launch clearance, but that's it I think.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'll head up the fundraiser if I get to ride shotgun

BZ

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
thats the trouble,being allowed to fly from earth,i dont think youd be able to,and as the us has apparently got a flag in it,does it mean they have claimed it,or could this be something to do with the conspiracy to them landing,elaborate cover up to claim ownership of it.

dont know how the first us settlers claimed the land from the locals but sure it had something to do with putting a flag and claiming it.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kata
I'll head up the fundraiser if I get to ride shotgun

I call window

anyway...that picture is a bit eerie(sp) to me...i could we or someone have built something up there without knowing about it...i mean whenever a shuttle launches its all over the media...and if it was secret wouldnt like air traffic control or something have a noticed a space ship going up...but anyway if that is really a base(or whatever) i hope its ours

jra

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BZ
thats the trouble,being allowed to fly from earth,i dont think youd be able to,and as the us has apparently got a flag in it,does it mean they have claimed it,or could this be something to do with the conspiracy to them landing,elaborate cover up to claim ownership of it.

dont know how the first us settlers claimed the land from the locals but sure it had something to do with putting a flag and claiming it.

No one owns the moon... no one. The US has six flags placed on the moon, but it is more of a symbolic thing. To show the rest of the world that the US was there. Not to claim it as there own.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
great pix on that link

and the last blowup

kinda freaked me just a bit....on the right edge , you can make out ,some kind of
jagged shape , going horizontal...then , I looked at the opposite end and WHAM

it hit me....it's a bloody ship ! with a crescent shape on the left and a kind of grillwork on the right.
, eh ?

of course I could be wrong...

but the thought kinda gave me the willies for a sec...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Its quite interesting that our moon always faces the same side against our Earth. Does anybody kow if this has been observed with any other moon in our solarsystem?

Btw.. i just stumbled over this site
moon.google.com...

Its kinda like Google Earth..

PS... try to zoom all the way in

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Ingolf]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
cute

mommy mommy , it IS made out of cheese...

john lear may have retracted his comments

but yet they linger in my mind...[ the moon was towed there, by a huge machine. there is a base on the moon...]...wow !

kinda spooky...but so was that last image musclor had on his thread. there was definitely "something" there....my impression was of a ship of some sort.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join