It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is on this picture of the moon? :S

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This was posted once before about a year or two ago. It is indeed a photo glitch of some sort. Since the Clementine images of the moon are made up of hundreds (if not thousands) of images put together. You can see that the vertical lines everywhere in those images. And that mysterious rectangle just happens to fit right between two lines.

If that really was on the moon, you would be easily able to see it from Earth with a decent home telescope. Just find the Sea of Fertility and look for yourself. There's nothing there. You can see on this pic that there is nothing there. www.hq.nasa.gov... Don't believe me or NASA? Just go look for yourself.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've had a hand in interpretation of satellite reconnaisance photos, and this does not appear to be a mosaic anomaly, as it's occupation lies only within it's own grid sequence. The planar scale seems to confirm valid symmetric geometric parameters; too bad we don't have verticular. Also, a progressively upscaled view ratio displays no other anomalies of this significance or classification within the supplied viewable area of the mapping.
I have say there's something there; as to what it is, I've no idea.
Just 2 cents worth from an ex-spook (crypto).

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have enhanced the moon shot in photo shop and its very interesting.

Save picture at 780 x 780 then open into photo shop then
Once in photo shop
Go to effects.
Then sharpen more 4 times
You can see strait bold lines, which look like an outline of a building and 2 bold images to the left

Very interesting

All around that bold line image there is only erratic line images showing dots and circular craters, which make it more interesting?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ex-spook eh? if you are willing to spill some beans, feel free to U2U me

Masterspy, i'll look at the pic as you suggested, thanks!

looked at the sharpened images, it indeed makes the lines alot more readable, this is an object alright.

[edit on 30/7/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterspy
I have enhanced the moon shot in photo shop and its very interesting.

Save picture at 780 x 780 then open into photo shop then
Once in photo shop
Go to effects.
Then sharpen more 4 times
You can see strait bold lines, which look like an outline of a building and 2 bold images to the left

Very interesting

All around that bold line image there is only erratic line images showing dots and circular craters, which make it more interesting?

Sadly I do not have photoshop, could you please display the image on this forum? Much thanks

-LOD

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I hate to burst everyones bubble because I would really like there to actually be something there, but why would the horizontal and vertical lines be exactly, well... hirizontal and vertical.

I highly doubt that we would have taken a shot of the moon and it just happened to align exactly with this so called object on the moon. It is just an imagery glitch.

Find me something that the orientation looks more like this and I'd be more inclined to believe.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Think you will need a sharper needle there
Just because it was 'perfectly horizontal and vertical' which it isn't, the right hand is lower by a few degrees, doesn't make it a glitch. I don't think it is a building though, it looks like a perimeter wall around the area. If you sharpen the image more you can see something that could be buildings in the right corner of the area. There are 2 or 3 larger buildings in the center.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You may be correct, but in my experience, mosaic lines are not perfect. There is always overlap, by design, and manual positioning of plates is always necessary in problem areas, especially in cases like these. Other possible explanations exist, though: For one, the alignment may be a coincidence (they do happen), for another the plates could have been masked during preprocessing making it appear that the area is geometrically symmetrical, denying analysis of the area in question. Also, careful comparison of the 2 seams paralleling this section, will reveal that they are not parallel, nor is the area in question perfectly oriented, having a mean variation of 2.35 degrees +/- .45 (due to graininess at the mag required for analysis). Nonetheless, you could still be correct. I'm peaceful with that.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sorry if I came off matter of factly, I am not any more sure than anyone else is. Just seems a little to perfecly aligned for me. Anyway in order to figure this mystery out does anyone know if there is another source of a topo photo of the moon that could be cross referenced to see if this is consistant on both? I tried to look with no luck. Like I said guys, I really would like this to be real, I'm just a skeptic by nature.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ok here is what I was talking about(hope I did it right, new here)

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hey this is my first post!! Anyways..this is the image after I adjusted it. Looks like a building to me. Notice how the perimeter of the object is a much lighter shade then the interior. Also check out the channels on the interior with the bright dots at the top...all very interesting.

-S. Potak-
socialuprising.com

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Potakular]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It really does look like something there. I'm nearlly 100% sure that it isn't an imagery glitch.

jra

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Like I said earlier, You can see the Sea of Fertility from Earth. The object in question would be huge, so it would be visible with a telescope. Anyone here have one? Could you check and get back to us? Thanks. I'm very sure it's some kind of imaging glitch. No other photo of that area shows that rectangle as far as i've seen.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
These are from the backside of the moon, the link is here

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

the Lat and Lon are -2, 311.

There were quite a few finds on the whiter surfaces but seem to be edited or smudged out(they claimed mosaic anomolies) but this one is in one of the dark craters and may have been missed by their editors.

jra

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatAncientWhiteDragon

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Forgive me if I miss understand, but are you saying that the Sea of Fertility with the rectangle thing is on the farside of the moon? If so I do believe you are mistaken. I can see the SoF here in this photo that was taken down here on Earth (it's red because it's near the horrizon). I can even make out the two small craters that are right next to the rectangle in the Clementine images, but I don't see a rectangle in this photo.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by GreatAncientWhiteDragon

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Forgive me if I miss understand, but are you saying that the Sea of Fertility with the rectangle thing is on the farside of the moon? If so I do believe you are mistaken. I can see the SoF here in this photo that was taken down here on Earth (it's red because it's near the horrizon). I can even make out the two small craters that are right next to the rectangle in the Clementine images, but I don't see a rectangle in this photo.

I confirm 100%, this particuliar artefact is located on the NEAR SIDE of the moon, so viewable from earth. The rectangle thing is just a natural lunar formation which for some reason turned to an imagery glitch. I often look at this area with my telescope, there's nothing special there.

Concerning the other artefacts from Clementine, you can check my analysis in the thread i posted previously. Apparently it was also due to mosaics.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Thank you jra for the photo. I did not notice that you had infact already provided everybody with a second photo to cross reference this position with.

Here is some pretty good proof that this was just a glitch.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Um, at times the SoF IS on the far side of the moon. The moon DOES rotate after all. It's in a locked orbit, meaning that it orbits the Earth in 28 days, and does one rotation in 28 days

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well Kata, that picture could be edited by NASA. Some things in it look longer and wider anyway.
I don't know, I still don't think it's just an image mistake.

jra

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Well Kata, that picture could be edited by NASA. Some things in it look longer and wider anyway.
I don't know, I still don't think it's just an image mistake.

Well the first photo I posted was taken durring Apollo 15 in the 70's, the Clementine photo was taken by NASA in '94. Why would one be edited and not the other? You'd think the one taken by Clementine in '94 would have be edited if anything was truely there, since photoshop would have been around by then.

The 2nd photo was taken by some one who goes to the University of Alberta. No relation to NASA as far as I can tell and there is no sign of the rectangle. No other photo of that area that i've seen shows it either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join