It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstate Rocks and sleepey people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
One thing that annoys me most is driving on an interstate or highway, and someone has a truck full of dirt/rocks, the other day a huge rock flys of the truck and hits the windshield, leaving a huge scratch. I goto pull beside him and get him to pull over, he just stairs at me,... and no, he doesnt have to hands on the wheel.. in one had is a buriot in the other hand is a cell phone!! GRAB THE WHEEL QUICK... nope his huge oversized truck starts getting closer to my car. I was forced to break, then he speeds up to about 85.. who the hell gave this guy a driving license??

Vorta

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Vorta]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
We have the same problem here. Dump trucks full of gravel. You get behind them too close and get rocks spraying your windshield. Of course we have laws about securing any load in a commercial vehicle, but it isn't really a big issue for people to do anything about it.

I don't totally blame the drivers, as it is probably hard to make sure no gravel will fall out the gate on the back or fly off the top. They should have a roll back cover for the top, but still gravel will fly off these trucks. Of course the owner of the vehicle is liable for any damages their load causes, but good luck proving any of that.

Your best bet is to stay back far behind a dump truck. There really isn't a whole lot that can be done to keep gravel and rocks from flying off these trucks, ya know.

I am with ya.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nothing could be worse than being killed by a dope eating a foot long burrito while making pizza order's on the " smellular phone ". Plenty of dumper dumb butts out there.

new topics

join