It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Move on.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The shuttle was great but its time to be moving on, I love it but its too old the shuttle is no b52. What projects are being looking at and has there been any news about any new research on new projects?

Will the foam coming off still cause nasa to realize that other nations are caughting up and that its time to move out of the late 70's?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
COuldnt agree more.

They say the space shuttle will retire in 2010, and in 2014 they plan to reveal this new version.

Crew Exploration Vehicle

Its one of a series

Lockheed Martin's CEV Concept

Northrop Grumman's CEV Concept

Im still with sling out theory

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think its pretty funny that we have come soo complacent with our space agency that the shuttle isnt mindblowing anymore. It kinda reflects the whole american culture. We get tired of stuff real easy. I mean we are teh only country that has a "shuttle" program. This thing is taking people off of this planet that we have stayed on for thousands of years. I think that triumph is worth the WOW factor still. Yes i would love to see some new technology.

BUT I LOVE THE SHUTTLE!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Take a look at the ATSNN thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Aparently NASA could have returned to the old method that put the foam on the take by simply applying for the correct EPA permit, but chose the PC route on it.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I am guessing that if this mission ends how columbia did that will put the final nail in NASA's coffin as far as Manned space exploration goes. I cant see anyway out of it for NASA. Now that its out that they took the PC way out in fixing the errant foam problem on the tank. And maybe its time for NASA to step back and let another angency take over the work of manned space exploration. They really have not done anything great in that area since the Moon missions. Whats that been 30 or 40 years and thats been it?! I think that a civ. agency could take it over and do a lot better then NASA has.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It won't be the end of manned missions, Whompa, but it will be a set back. The CEV will make its appearance in years to come...

Do not fret, the crew of Discovery will return safely.

top topics

join