It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Pressure Point fighting*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
has any one ever studied it or know any various points in the body that cause you lose consious? or know any good books about it?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
www.amazon.com...

I have heard this is a good book!!! link above

Pressure-point fighting-the practice of manipulating the body's vital nerve and reflex points for self-defense-offers the unique ability to neutralize attackers without causing any permanent harm. This intricate and temporarily devastating self-defense system has obvious advantages.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Maybe not exactly pressure point, but www.selfdefensenow.com... has some good articles on self-defense that I've been reading up if I decide I ought to use some.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know theres one behind your ear, theres a nerve at the inside of your elbow and you could squeeze the back of someones neck. I can't think of any more. www.pressurepointkarate.com... or www.google.com...

But the problem is that they don't all work. The back of the neck isn't all that painful and the one on the inside of the elbow never hurt me.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have a friend who is a black belt of some degree in a wierd form of Karate. It's primarily death blows.
He said it has a lot to do with pressure points, I'll ask next time I see him.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why exactly do you ask? I sure hope that you dont intend to kill or maim anyone.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I dont use Pressure Points, I just fight dirty, Very dirty.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I dont use Pressure Points, I just fight dirty, Very dirty.

Now, now.
There is no such thing as fighting "dirty". There is only fighting to win.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Any martial art should be practiced with the utmost respect towards those your among, along with ultimate reguard for safety. Practice is just that, now in the event of an actual fight or flight situation and one is forced into a fight. Pressure points may not be the best choice, but critical hits are going to make the difference. Most if not all fight will end up on the ground, if not finished in the first few seconds. Chances are more than random possibilities while on the ground, pressure points will not work all the time, people might be to full og adrenelin for them to respond, or they might just plain not work. Pessure points are beter suited for escape and defensive fighting. Study of and learning what to stike and when will make the pressure point fighter slightly more helpful, but only if it don't go to ground. I know pressure points can be reached from grapple positions, but what are the odds going to be? Just do not rely on this style to save ya, remember be the water...fluid change will be the best tactic.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There is no such thing as fighting "dirty". There is only fighting to win. Posted by Fry2

Indeed.....

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What you're looking for is called dim mak.
It's not easy. And it's not something you can learn by reading books or searching the web.
Find a qualified instructor, and be prepared to spend a good long time learning how to use dim mak properly.

-B.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hey

Is the "scrotum" considered a 'pressure point'?

A good kick to that area is always a good "quick end" manoever.

What about collapsing a knee cap? Then there is always the sternum shot....then the bridge of the nose hit....

Pressure-point fighting? Isn't that like disco dancing in the 90's?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I, personally, use DR's version. I have ~some~ martial arts training yet against multiple targets I would be toast. I'm just not big enough.
Luckily I don't deal with that often at all. Scumbags are usually stupid enough that one can out-talk them

If all else fails the iron comes out. I hate that though.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm just not into all that "touchy-touchy-feely" stuff....if I am threatened, seriously, I go to cripple....I don't like 'dancin'......

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It CAN be fun. It's actually a learning experience now that I think about it.
You learn if you want to kill or not. Important lesson.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Banshee is correct....

But pressure points don't have to be used to kill or for paralysis... One of my favorites, is right behind the collarbone (press in with your forefinger and middle, really hard, with both hands (one on each side), and you can quickly drive someone to the ground (but you have to have surprise for it to work well). Also works on dogs (but you have to cover four points, otherwise you only lower the front or back). Takes practice to be able to hit them correctly and quickly...otherwise, it simply doesn't work... Something kinda funny to try, but obviously requires some strange positioning... Use the same two fingers, jab them into the backs of the knees.... You'll see someone crumple like a sack a taters, hehe....

Dim Mak should only be even attempted by those VERY skilled in other Martial Arts... These are pressure points way more serious than what I described, and if done improperly, could lead to permanent nerve damage, and/or paralysis, or require surgery to correct!

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What about collapsing a knee cap?

I believe it takes ~15 pounds of pressure to cave in a knee. A well-placed snap kick can do wonders to stop an attacker.

top topics

join