It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An awakening...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Last night, in my meditation, I had what I am calling an "awakening". I played sounds of thunder and rain in the background the entire time, while using a technique I learned in the book "Iron Body Ninja". However, this time I did not use incense. I did various breathing exercises and, once I was centered, had a "vision". I am in a Temple, similar to a cathedral, kneeling in a beam of Light. It is raining outside, and I hear the birds outside as they are trying to escape the rain. My Inner Self is then lifted from my body, and I am flying - out of the Temple, through the rain, out of the atmosphere, ou of our solar system, and past thousands of galaxies and millions of stars. I still hear the rain and birds. As I navigate through this Void, I suddenly see a Light - or THE Light - more clearly than I have ever "seen" it. I see a being emerging from the Light, and I am not afraid - the being is myself, in harmony with the Force. I merge with myself. I travel, more quickly than before, past the stars and planets and galaxies, through the atmosphere of Earth and into the rain, back to the Temple and into my own body.
What came as a surprise to me more than this vision, was that at this moment I literally, physically feel an invisible, warm hand run across my chest, moving the hairs around; and another across my back, resting on my shoulder, filling me with peace and courage. I "look" with my feelings and instincts, and I "see" the owner of the hand on my back: my spirit guide. Again, I feel the hand across my chest, and "look" there, and I know this other entity is my brother, Joel - who perished years ago, when I was very young - then I begin to cry as emotions of sadness, hope, faith, love, humility and peace all flood me.
I then emerge from my meditation at peace, both inwards and with the Multiverse and Force. I kneel and bow forward out of respect for Joel's memory. I begin writing of my Inner Journey...
This is, in my opinion, a sign that I am on the right track to the path of enlightenment. This has given me a new outlook on the way I see the world, because I know what I physically felt wasn't imagined. I'm still trying to decipher the meaning of the vision, and any help would be welcome. Anyway, I'm excited now!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You should have been here when we had that incredible lightning storm on Friday night. you would have been amazed at the amount of lightning... seemed like it would go on forever.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Sounds like an incredible experience Lobo, the vision of seeing yourself already in a place of perfection and joining with you is known. It is represented as a major step forward in your development (in many ultures).

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I agree with Toltec. Congratulations, LOBO! May I ask how long you've been working with meditation and these techniques?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Lobo - that is great. I am glad you were able to contact your brother through your meditation. you have reached a place a small percentage of other people do in their lifetime

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO
Last night, in my meditation, I had what I am calling an "awakening". I played sounds of thunder and rain in the background the entire time, while using a technique I learned in the book "Iron Body Ninja". However, this time I did not use incense. I did various breathing exercises and, once I was centered, had a "vision". I am in a Temple, similar to a cathedral, kneeling in a beam of Light. It is raining outside, and I hear the birds outside as they are trying to escape the rain. My Inner Self is then lifted from my body, and I am flying - out of the Temple, through the rain, out of the atmosphere, ou of our solar system, and past thousands of galaxies and millions of stars. I still hear the rain and birds. As I navigate through this Void, I suddenly see a Light - or THE Light - more clearly than I have ever "seen" it. I see a being emerging from the Light, and I am not afraid - the being is myself, in harmony with the Force. I merge with myself. I travel, more quickly than before, past the stars and planets and galaxies, through the atmosphere of Earth and into the rain, back to the Temple and into my own body.
What came as a surprise to me more than this vision, was that at this moment I literally, physically feel an invisible, warm hand run across my chest, moving the hairs around; and another across my back, resting on my shoulder, filling me with peace and courage. I "look" with my feelings and instincts, and I "see" the owner of the hand on my back: my spirit guide. Again, I feel the hand across my chest, and "look" there, and I know this other entity is my brother, Joel - who perished years ago, when I was very young - then I begin to cry as emotions of sadness, hope, faith, love, humility and peace all flood me.
I then emerge from my meditation at peace, both inwards and with the Multiverse and Force. I kneel and bow forward out of respect for Joel's memory. I begin writing of my Inner Journey...
This is, in my opinion, a sign that I am on the right track to the path of enlightenment. This has given me a new outlook on the way I see the world, because I know what I physically felt wasn't imagined. I'm still trying to decipher the meaning of the vision, and any help would be welcome. Anyway, I'm excited now!

if this is genuine, wow........... thats some deep # man!!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks all - this was a very surprising and exciting thing for me. Still is!

Bangin: I've not worked with meditation for (what I consider) a long time. I started when I first started experimenting with Wicca, about 3 years ago. However, I've spent a lot of time during those 3 years picking up new techniques, and implementing them. I was actually really surprised that this came so early in my life and my training (I'm only 17) - I wasn't expecting anything like this this soon. I'm taking this as a sign that I am on the correct path and, with enough hard work, I will eventually achieve enlightenment.
I'm all excited lol

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
thats like astral voyaging, shamans tend to have journeys like that, or people on crazy halucinogens like dmt or brugmansia, how much meditation did it take to reach that state of concious?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Had my first astral trip when I was about 16... The real shocker for me was the silver cord... I always thought that was BS, until I saw it... Weird stuff... Wish I had the free time, while isolated enough to try it more often...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Congratulations!! I hope that some day I can reach some kind of enlightenment such as that, but alas, I have not had much training in the subject. Do you have any pointers or information for people that know nothing on the subject?

Also a stupid question, and I don't mean to insult you or anything, but did you take any mind-altering substances or was this 100% natural?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
thats like astral voyaging, shamans tend to have journeys like that, or people on crazy halucinogens like dmt or brugmansia, how much meditation did it take to reach that state of concious?

I've been a meditation practitioner for about 3 years, like I said. But in this particular instance, I believe it was only around 20 minutes; but the fact that I spent most of the day in meditation probably assisted in this.

Do you have any pointers or information for people that know nothing on the subject?

I'm afraid I don't have many good "pointers", but I believe I can give you some decent links and information that can aid in the meditation process.

Meditation and Mental Culture
Kundalini Resource Center
The Astral Pulse

Some books I would also recommend:
Iron Body Ninja - Author: Ashida Kim
The Healer's Manual - Ted Andrews
The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu - Wong Kiew Kit
The Hagakure - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
The Tao of Inner Peace - ?
Taoist Meditation - ?
Zen Meditations - ?
365 Tao Meditations - ?

Be sure to check the Philosophy, Martial Art, and New Age areas of your local book store. I get many of my books from these areas, and they help in meditation quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
On the first page of my blog you will find a methodology for meditation, which is easy to follow and which can be applied using any faith.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
While there are many sources out there for technique...what works for one...may not for another...

Myself, I find that I can rarely do so (astral travel) at will...and usually it is spontaneous while sleeping or relaxed (and still rare...haven't done it often at all)...or unconscious through trauma... If attempting it willfully, it has to be dead quiet for me to even have a shot at it...and that is a condition rare to find...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
this story is cool and if that ever happened to me id walk around smiling all day

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Gazrok.. Same thing here.

I think I have to change my internal programming to get to A-P regularly...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Had my first astral trip when I was about 16... The real shocker for me was the silver cord... I always thought that was BS, until I saw it... Weird stuff... Wish I had the free time, while isolated enough to try it more often...

some people find the silver cord imposing but i find it conforting old stories go that if your silver cord is broken then your lost. my first my first attempt at astral projection resulted in landing in a wooded grove with the sun shining through the trees

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   

some people find the silver cord imposing but i find it conforting old stories go that if your silver cord is broken then your lost.

what if they didn't see the silver cord at all?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
all i can say is maybe the silver cord is like amental thing in the books i have read it has talked about a silver cord so maybe i c the cord as a safe line a way out if things start to crazy. thats all i can think of

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Can anyone have these experiences or are they merely limited to people with "special" abilities?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Wow, I wish I could of experienced something like that!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join