It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did this just turn into a gaming site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
We have Sims and Starcraft as the most active discussions?
Must be a slow "news" day.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sorry Fry,

The tournament signup has been on for about a week, and there's only i post on that thread.

There is no news though, and Colonel's not online... what are we supposed to do?

- Tassadar

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sad, sad, sad...... ...and William sets the political stuff off in its own place....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AH! I'm unclean! I just posted in Chit Chat!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Dont know.. we shall see.. but in the meantime

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check that out..

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think we need Colonel to come back. I was having a blast watching the mud pit all day
(slow work day).

I was thinking Uninen might make it as a second but, he cleaned his act up(mostly). I'm sure FM will find his way back in soon enough. He's one that's fun to tar

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Tha bastards have put half-life 2 back to November and Doom back to this time next year

*clutches desk dramatically*

I suppose it's just as well, I'll have an athlon 64 machine by November, it will be better. *sighs*

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well.. i did first got here to learn something new.. and to tell other peoples things that i knew.. and not for political discussion. Actually i really couldnt care less about politics..

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Uninen, I'm actually a bit intrigued by your "take" on politics. You seem to have a very negative view of a lot of things around the world. You, living in Finland, don't have much at stake either way things in America or much of the rest of the world go. You have the option of impartiality. We DON'T.

I'm not trying to attack you personally. Please don't take it that way. I just want to know where this extreme hatred for, shall I say, Western society comes from?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Makes me wonder sometimes.....
Conspiracy site.....but lets talk games....isn't there like 40 million damn gaming sites that one can go post on?!?

Here's a thought: U2U WIlliam and get him to make a "Game" Forum....see what he has to say about it.
That'll work.

Good grief "Charlie Brown"......

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Might be a good idea, and take it off the recent posts like the pit.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
YO, call down (I said "yo" hehe)

I posted it in "entertainment". Why does everyone have to criticize? (no answer necessary...)

- Tassadar

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I just dont think that this "western way of life" is a good one. It treats people unfairly, as those with money have the power and diplomas "tell" others about what kind/how smart you supposedly are.. BS! Diplomas only tell that you headlesly do what you are told and money.. money comes from the family.. Here in west all wrong things are appreciated..
That is what i think..

I dont have myself lot of money and i dont have many diplomas either.. but that doesnt tell flower about me.. cause if i would be a total moron, i wouldnt be writing to all of you in english.. right?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Cool

I'm glad we can have this discussion without insults.

I take it you are against capitalism? Why so?

Do you not feel that someone should work for what they receive?

Do you want to work your butt off for ten hours a day knowing that three to four of those hours are supporting your neighbor who sits at home all day while fully able? (need to take a deep breath before that one)

I could continue but I still don't understand why you hate America so.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
1. Capitalism / creed for money degrades peoples moral values. Anything is for sale as long as there is enough money..

2. Yes, mostly.. Or to "earn"..

3. Well.. some people have nothing else to do even if they arent "disabled" in any way.. here there isnt many "surplus" jobs around.. infact i am forced to "sit all day at home" for variety of reasons: I have no drivers licence, have no car, have no "diplomas".. and i aint going to back to school with 16 years old kids..

4. Mostly i just hate the lies and false claims that US / Americans make.. stick with the truht..

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm actually kind of sad to read this...

1. Capitalism / creed for money degrades peoples moral values. Anything is for sale as long as there is enough money..

2. Yes, mostly.. Or to "earn"..

3. Well.. some people have nothing else to do even if they arent "disabled" in any way.. here there isnt many "surplus" jobs around.. infact i am forced to "sit all day at home" for variety of reasons: I have no drivers licence, have no car, have no "diplomas".. and i aint going to back to school with 16 years old kids..

4. Mostly i just hate the lies and false claims that US / Americans make.. stick with the truht..

Why not come here yourself? It's not as bad as you seem to think.
What can you do (job wise)? I would bet it's in high demand here. If so, then I welcome you!!! My country would as well!I would bet I would welcome you, actually.

Problem is, you seem to be under a bit of a false impression as to how we are here. Americans are NOT anti-anybody in general. No more so than Finns are. We just happen to be the big kid on the block this century. We're still people looking for a way out of all of these stupid wars. Sometimes we just have no choice but to engage in them (for one reason or another).

The world is a pretty messed up place right now, That I admit. You also have to see that it could, and I think WOULD, be a worse place if not for the U.S.A.

Invitation from a Norse to a Norse: Come visit....

top topics

join